Can anyone recommend 3 point seat belt config for a 68 Barracuda?

-

hnssnv

Reaction score
Hi All
We are restoring a 1968 Barracuda and need some advise from anyone who has replaced the existing lap seat belts that came standard with the 68 Barracuda, with something that connects both at the floor as well as on the roof.

I think its referred to as a 3 point lap sash setup.

Is anyone aware of anyone manufacturing something to fit a 68 Barracuda?

Thanks in advance for everyones advice
Steve

My 68 fastback came factory with a 2 piece 3 point seatbelt. It's a lap belt and a shoulder stap that clips onto the lap belt and stores clipped onto a bracket at the sun visor.

Hi mrcuda68. I think what you are describing is something similar to what I have seen in a friends supabee.
Would you mind taking a photo of it? Do you know if this is something you can purchase?
Thanks for your time
Steve

I just got the xvmotorsports belts in today, they look pretty good..........now I just need to find time to install them.

PG Classics but as mentioned you will need to look under the headliner in the area above the rear edge of the door to see if you have the mounting point , some cars have it and some don't , I believe mid year 68 was when they start changing from the retractable shoulder strap that mounted further back

Haven't heard anything about them but you might look into these.

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/category/index.cfm?cid=149&lvl=2

I have these and love them, easy install and look great.
dodgedart109.jpg

-
Back