Can anyone tell me what this 30's car is?

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
Ad says its a 30's Chrysler/Dodge Brothers. Straight 8 in it. Can anyone tell me anymore than that?

Attachments

• 30's Dodge.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 504
  • 30's Dodge 2.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 485
This was a 29 cab I had, not sure if you can see enough body lines to compare.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 477
1932 Chrysler CP 8 Sedan

Not worth ton of money restored, but that one would take more than it is worth

I'm thinking RATROD! the guy is asking $3000 for it, it doesnt run. I dont think thats even close to what I (or anyone) would pay.

The missing grill shell/radiator & driver windshield frame hurts.
Being a 4 door doesn't help. The metal don't look that bad for a 32.
I think 2000. would be a more than generous offer.

Definitely a 32, 33, or 34 something.....You are missing the most valuable part...the grill radiator shell.....If he has that, it is a big plus....Also, as mentioned it is a 4 door sedan....Which hurts the value....If it was a coupe it would be worth more.....The straight 8 is a rare one though as most from the late 20's and early 30's were 4 or 6 cylinder cars....I would say in the 2000-3000 dollar range is about right....more toward the 2000 price if he has no grill/radiator or toward 3000 price if it comes with it....

ok that price surprises me then. The 4 door thing I really don't care about because I have a family of 4 and if I build a ratrod i'd like for it to carry all of us. The WelderUp guys built this 28 Dodge 4 door...

Attachments

• Cummins-Rat-Rod.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 394
I know every generation of car enthusiasts takes on there own style but that
rat is an ugly machine. I am obviously getting old.
I have been building one of these for fun myself but more on the traditional
side. I'm sure many will think it is ugly also. After all they are for the most part.
To drive it is like climbing into a oil drum and and a couple big fellas beating on it
with hammers.

Attachments

• IMG_20160305_025806_025.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 264
Should probably hone it down with a brick and rub some coal oil on er.

WelderUp equals green blocks. hard to see anything in that without a primer job just to see the lines.

Based on the louvers in the hood, looks like a 31 or 32 Chrysler

Sorry pishta, what does the green blocks comment mean?

I think that show uses the same turbo diesel Cummins crate motor for a few builds, and they are green.
"...this mid-engine, turbo-diesel dually beast features a 1954 GMC cab and 450 HP Cummins engine in the signature Welder Up bright green (block) hue..."

-
Back