Can I drill an socket hole in an axel

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a set of axels with no socket hole in them. Well I'm trying to install my new Wilwood setup and it's so tight I can get the nuts on since The axels don't have a socket hole.

Can I drill one in myself?

Any thoughts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 189
What kind of willwood set up are you trying to use?
I ask because i put a willwood disc brake set up on my 8-3/4 with the same axles but mine were 35 spline if that matters?
but i didn't haven any problems installing and tightening the axles flange nuts.
Also my disc were a drag race set up.
but to answer your question i don't see why you couldn't drill a hole, but i don't know if it would throw off your balance any?
also not to sound like a smart *** but have you called moser and ask them if you can drill a hole?

The Wilwood is not the drag set... These have the intern drum parking brake which makes everything really tight to get into.

I didn't know the hole is now optional, when I got these there was no option for the hole... I can't see why I couldn't drill it. But it would be good to hear if anyone has ever done it.

I used a box wrench that is a rachet style...

How often do you plan to take the axles in and out>???...lol

I didn't know the hole is now optional, when I got these there was no option for the hole... I can't see why I couldn't drill it. But it would be good to hear if anyone has ever done it.

The dutchmans from Dr. Diff offered it, think it was $20. for both axles. I felt what the heck, go for it.

Attachments

• rear+parts 011.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 121
-
Back