Can I see your air cleaner?

-

DBG

'65 Cuda
Reaction score
Hey guys... I'm starting to detail my slant 6 and I think I found a sticker on Ebay that says SUPER 225.

I have a single barrel carb.

Also, my engine is red. Is that the right color for a 65 barracuda?

Thanks in advance. I'm attaching a pic of the one I'm bidding on.

BUDS!
Chuck

225super.jpg

Hey Chuck,
Red is the color I have seen on early slants. That sticker is on my car. It is incorrect but I like it. I think they used them up to 1969. Mine is a 70 Swinger.
Have fun with the car, its worth it!!
Chas.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure my motor has never been painted so I'll go with the red If I can find it.

I'll look around for the sticker on the brace right in front of the radiator also.

I was at Good Guys last weekend and a guy offered me a 55 Studebaker for trade for my cuda.

It's a flathead 6 with 3 on the tree. It was very tempting. I like them old Studies also.

BUDS!
Chuck

That was used on all Plymouth 225s from '66 (?) and earlier, unless a few slipped out with a Hyper Pack meant for a 170. It is the correct decal for your Barracuda. Red should be the right color too.

The decal's correct for '63-'69 225s in US- and Canadian-market Plymouths and Valiants (including Barracudas), plus '63-'69 Australian-market Chrysler Valiants.

Red is correct for a '65 225; see here.

Seems right. I've always seen them on unsilenced (no snorkel) air cleaners. Funny thing is that there appears to be no difference between the Super 6 of 68 and the plain old 225 /6. If there is a difference, please enlighten me. It does not show up in any of my books.

Not the case when the Super 6 showed up in 76 with a 2 bbl carb. These has a Super 6 decal in blue, but similar in style to the 4 bbl muscle cars of the late 60s and early 70s. The air cleaner housing had a snorkel on it, too.

-
Back