Can somebody point me to the right thread

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I saw recently on one of the threads someone used some material from home depot or lowes for sound dampening. I'd sure rather spend alittle less and get the same result, then spending a whole lot to get the same result. Any direction at all would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Thanks Badsport....! I'll be on the hunt! Look out Lowes & Home Depot, man on a mission!

If you check out my build thread you will see pics on my carpet install where I did the same thing.

actually, now that I think of it.....I am pretty sure I did a full "HOW TO" right up on the carpet install. including step by step pictures, list of tools and materials and so on.

check them out.

hope it is of some help you you!

Peel & Seal... That's the stuff.... Thanks Plugger340! Funny all the reviews of the stuff I read were all for sound deadening in vehicles...

I can see how this Peel & Seal would deflect the heat but how does it dampen sound?

I can see how this Peel & Seal would deflect the heat but how does it dampen sound?

Simple science. A sound wave is nothing more than a vibration. The more you do to lessen vibration, the quieter things will be.

The product from Lowes was just under $100 for the roll and was more than enough to to the entire car. Floors, doors. inside fenders and trunk. Did it on my Demon and it is unreal how it stops the resonance. I would encourage anyone who does not mind adding a few pounds to their car to DO IT.

The product from Lowes was just under $100 for the roll and was more than enough to to the entire car. Floors, doors. inside fenders and trunk. Did it on my Demon and it is unreal how it stops the resonance. I would encourage anyone who does not mind adding a few pounds to their car to DO IT.

I think the Peel N Seel was like 16 bucks a roll. Took a couple to do the floors in my Roadrunner. $40 vs. Dynamat prices. No contest for me. Been in for going on my second summer. No "tar" smell. Just the odor of new carpet.

-
Back