Can the seat push buttons be replaced?

-

Randy72

Reaction score
Button on drivers seat missing and passenger side is bent. Buttons are for tilting seat to get in backseat. can these buttons be replaced? It is a 74 Scamp with a bench seat. And if so, do they make new replacement ones? Thanks, Randy

Yes, the knobs can be replaced. There should be a small allen set screw on the bottom or back side. I cannot imagine the knob itself is bent, maybe the metal piece that it screws to. As to availability, don't know. I might have a set - I can check for you tomorrow. Can you post up a pic of your seat and set up so that we can verify they style that you have?
C

Thanks clhyer. I don't have any pictures but I can see from vdarts pictures that mine are probably the same. I am going to try and remove the one that is bent and see for sure. Thanks vdart, My seats don't have the head rest but I'll keep you in mind about the buttons. Thanks

I forgot to look tonight, but I know for sure that they were very different from the one's that VDart has pictured.
C

Thanks clhyer. My seat is a plain bench and does not have the headrest. And the drivers side has no button and the passenger side has a button that seems to be bent and the outside cover around the button is missing. I just went through this with seatbelts. The previous owner removed the front belts and cut the belt at lower side panels. A FABO member sold me a set from a 76. They were different, but work ok. The button that is there is also chrome. Thanks, Randy

-
Back