Can you guys post some of you engine compartments without fender wells.

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm working on removing mine, I wanted to see what some finished product look like.
Thanks guys.

Just to be sure. You are aware that the inner fender is the structure that holds the framerail and upper suspension

Just to be sure. You are aware that the inner fender is the structure that holds the framerail and upper suspension
Yes sir, I have roll cage that will tie into the front suspension, frame rail and body

Here does this help. Remove four bolts and I have total access.

466155C5-C3B4-4587-933E-A68B092E94B3.jpeg

B0ABEC72-8BB5-419E-A847-22B4A3E0CB47.jpeg

32D3D767-CB94-435C-B0CD-7E9AC903C0A3.jpeg

I went hacking, need to finish it up.
Now I think I'm going to redo my front and mid plate then move my engine back half an inch.
Also I'll make new fender mounts

IMG_20230416_133925376.jpg

IMG_20230416_133913123.jpg

I need to build myself a rolling cradle for my car, I wasn't very thoughtful when I parked the car duh

If you keep this in mind while you are doing you technically have an engine break in stand. I had my Daytona set in so I could run the engine without the transmission in place. It sure came in handy one time when I had an oil leak I couldn’t find. Four bolts and my engine was out.

If you keep this in mind while you are doing you technically have an engine break in stand. I had my Daytona set in so I could run the engine without the transmission in place. It sure came in handy one time when I had an oil leak I couldn’t find. Four bolts and my engine was out.
Yeah that's a great idea. Thanks John

Still a work in progress, but here's my '66. The front sheet metal/bumper is attached to a frame so that it comes off in one piece similar to pittsburghracer's. The frame inserts into a couple receivers on the cowl similar to a tow hitch. Unbolt those and and the bumper bracket bolts, and the front end slides right off. I'll likely build some inner fenders for it eventually.

1681688432939.png

1681688473169.png

1681688520518.png

Still a work in progress, but here's my '66. The front sheet metal/bumper is attached to a frame so that it comes off in one piece similar to pittsburghracer's. The frame inserts into a couple receivers on the cowl similar to a tow hitch. Unbolt those and and the bumper bracket bolts, and the front end slides right off. I'll likely build some inner fenders for it eventually.

View attachment 1716078701

View attachment 1716078706

View attachment 1716078707
That's coming along and looking good, the fender mount you have is square tubing ?
If so that is the idea I plan on.
Thank you

I found a couple pounds to get rid of lol, popped the springs out and cut off the mounting tabs.
And will lighten up the hood hinges.
IMG_20230416_160428696.jpg

IMG_20230416_160423301.jpg

That's coming along and looking good, the fender mount you have is square tubing ?
If so that is the idea I plan on.
Thank you
Thanks! Yep, I used 3/4" square tubing for the frame. I can't remember the wall thickness, but it wasn't too thick, so I tubed the mounting holes for the fenders so the tubing didn't crush when tightening the bolts.

My old green duster I sold.

View attachment 1716078726
I've got that photo saved. I like those inner fender panels!

Really a shame honestly. So many of Detroit’s finest drunks worked hard to spot weld those inners in place and you people just rip Em out… so sad.

LMAO!

Really a shame honestly. So many of Detroit’s finest drunks worked hard to spot weld those inners in place and you people just rip Em out… so sad.

LMAO!
Yeah, I called mine Friday at 4 pm welds, what a piece of shhit

Well I guess I should just start a build thread.
I have a few little dumb threads but I just want one .

-
Back