Can't choose between 2 turbos

-
If it makes more power in naturally aspirated form, it's going to make more when boosted. Cam makes more power NA? That same cam swap will also yield more power under boost. Intake swap makes more NA? It will deliver more under boost as well.

If it makes more power in naturally aspirated form, it's going to make more when boosted. Cam makes more power NA? That same cam swap will also yield more power under boost. Intake swap makes more NA? It will deliver more under boost as well.
Yup

And of course, at an exponential rate.

I would say at a rate linearly proportionate to the amount of extra boost.

Much as it pains me to say it, the LS is a stronger platform.
Rusty I would have to agree.
A buddy of mine has a junk yard 5.3, that the junkyard sat in the bed of my truck and I hauled the engine for him.
He tore it down just to check it, threw rings and bearings in it. Added valve springs and a small cam. Not one part seen the machine shop.
Thru it in a old 93 chevy truck, with a 75 turbo.
699 hp at wheels turned down to 10 psi. Turned up, it was uncontrollable at 19 psi.
We believe on the chassis dyno the tires were slipping because the advertised torque band was up 2000 up higher than the manufacture advertised on the cam.
He has beat on it, and it stays together. Totally budget build, he has less than 9k in the whole truck.
And he uses as a truck, drives it to work almost everyday, lowes for lumber etc.

Rusty I would have to agree.
A buddy of mine has a junk yard 5.3, that the junkyard sat in the bed of my truck and I hauled the engine for him.
He tore it down just to check it, threw rings and bearings in it. Added valve springs and a small cam. Not one part seen the machine shop.
Thru it in a old 93 chevy truck, with a 75 turbo.
699 hp at wheels turned down to 10 psi. Turned up, it was uncontrollable at 19 psi.
We believe on the chassis dyno the tires were slipping because the advertised torque band was up 2000 up higher than the manufacture advertised on the cam.
He has beat on it, and it stays together. Totally budget build, he has less than 9k in the whole truck.
And he uses as a truck, drives it to work almost everyday, lowes for lumber etc.
Yeah, I have friends around here with similar. A LOT. Anyone who pisses on the GM LS platform just FLAT doesn't know what they're talkin about. I'll never build one (for me), because my love for older cars and particularly Mopar is too great.

Yeah, I have friends around here with similar. A LOT. Anyone who pisses on the GM LS platform just FLAT doesn't know what they're talkin about. I'll never build one (for me), because my love for older cars and particularly Mopar is too great.
I will never build one either, that twin turbo 318 I built, is turning into a 6-71 toy, I will run the teen, until I build a proper large cube small block for the supercharger.

-
Back