Cap Auto Produckets

-

Waco Demon

Reaction score
I have been doing a search for Cap Auto Produckets . All the posts are from 2007 and 2009 . I am looking new pro's and con's . I'm thinking about puting there K fram in my 72 Demon .
Waco Demon

I have been doing a search for Cap Auto Produckets . All the posts are from 2007 and 2009 . I am looking new pro's and con's . I'm thinking about puting there K fram in my 72 Demon .
Waco Demon

I have one of their stock replacement K members on my 71 demon along with their new strut rods..

fit perfect...

The October 2011 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine has an article of a CAP tubular K-frame installation. They said that fit and finish are top notch. FYI.

Ok.... So "fit and finish" have improved, but has their welding skills improved too??? That's the scarey part.

Wylde1.

The October 2011 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine has an article of a CAP tubular K-frame installation. They said that fit and finish are top notch. FYI.

you really think MM or any other magazine are actually going to say anything negative about a paying sponsor? especially when they only feature paying sponsors product. a magazine is only good for a new product release not honest feedback on a product..

you really think MM or any other magazine are actually going to say anything negative about a paying sponsor? especially when they only feature paying sponsors product. a magazine is only good for a new product release not honest feedback on a product..

Exactly....I prefer Mopar Action over Mopar Muscle....but a business is going to cater to its advertisers....there is no way they are going to bad mouth them...after reading all the problems with cap...it would take a lot to even get me to think about buying from them....

Thread on MoParts says that QA1 bought out CAP Auto. I'd be curious to see if the QC comes up to match the QA1 name.

Thread on MoParts says that QA1 bought out CAP Auto. I'd be curious to see if the QC comes up to match the QA1 name.

Per the QA1 Website: http://www.qa1.net/news/2011/08/01/qa1-acquires-cap-auto-products/

QA1 Acquires CAP Auto Products

Lakeville, MN [August 1, 2011] – QA1 is excited to announce the acquisition of CAP Auto Products, a designer and manufacturer of tubular suspension components for the Mopar community. CAP’s founder, Ray Costello, has a history in the Mopar community as a long time enthusiast and drag racer in Chrysler Mo-Power events. Over the past 8 years, Ray has developed an extensive line of tubular suspension components specific to Mopars and QA1 is proud to introduce these products to its dealer network and retail customers.
The upper and lower control arms, k frames, dynamic strut bars and tie rod adjusters from CAP’s line, coupled with QA1’s selection of shock absorbers, provides Mopar enthusiasts with the suspension they’re looking for.
Founded in 1993, QA1 is the leader in performance shocks, rod ends and suspension components for motorsports, offering the most complete line of shock absorbers for the racing / performance market of any manufacturer. QA1 is also number one in rod ends for motorsports with over 5,000 part numbers and more than a million units sold annually.
With the recent purchase of a second manufacturing facility, QA1 has over 66,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Lakeville, Minnesota including a complete line of CNC machines, state-of-the-art injection molding machines, hydraulic presses, and laser-etching equipment that permit all inclusive shock absorber manufacturing and assembly operations. Its customer service staff is thoroughly cross-trained and supported by engineering and technical staff to address application and product-specific needs. QA1’s quality system is certified to the ISO9001: 2000 standard.
For additional information, call us at 800.721.7761 or contact us through www.QA1.net.

Time to send a few quality control questions to QA1 and show them the threads on the problems with CAP products and see how they respond.

Wylde1.

bought mine in january 2011....welds look very nice...

again the k member fit perfect along with the strut rods.

I think I will stick to my factory K frames, they last 2-3 hundred thosand miles in everyday street driving, hold up in circle track racing, and work fine for the drag strip too.. The only thing to be gained in a tube front end is header clearance, and they are def the ticket in that department!

Tube front ends also reduce weight and allow the use of rack and pinion steering. No way would I take a chance on that Cap crap. Go Alterkation, you don't see any of those breaking.

Yeah, if your gonna shell out big money on a front end, the only fully reputable one is the alter-k in my opinion.

I have one of their stock replacement K members on my 71 demon along with their new strut rods..

fit perfect...

bought mine in january 2011....welds look very nice...

again the k member fit perfect along with the strut rods.

i'm sure glad your clear across the country from me. this way i don't have to worry about that system being anywhere near my family out on the road.

well...Joe you are certainly entitled to your opinion...but opinion are like assholes...everyone has one...

I am certain your car is 100 percent safe......and poses no risk to anyone either...

and dont worry...my demon goes straight down the dragstrip...so unless you and your family are stupid enough to standing on the drag strip....you dont have to worry... u

I guess I will check will you before making any future purchases to see if it meets you and your families approval for their safety...

thanks for the positive comment you offer...

I justed posted the facts in relation to my personal experience with the product...

well...Joe you are certainly entitled to your opinion...but opinion are like assholes...everyone has one...

I am certain your car is 100 percent safe......and poses no risk to anyone either...

damn right it is. safety is job one. if its not safe it doesn't go on my car. you saying you know your car isn't safe?

just stating facts here also.

the only thing I posted was that I bought one and that it fit.....nothing else...

so since we are expressing our opinions...

I have looked on both websites ..CAP and RMS, on neither site do you find any test data to show anything about the safety of their products....you find their disclaimer...that if anything happens it is not their fault...

so went you bought your alterkation...i am sure you were provided with test data that shows where the steel was made...grade and gauge of the steel along with the steel mill reports...and all that stuff....

I am sure you were provided with certifications of the welder who welded the k member together...that he was certified to use a mig or tig welder and what materials in was certified weld and when and where he was certified..

also i am sure you found a quality control program in place and showed that the welds were NDI (non destructive testing) and ex-rayed, that in fact after every so many k member are produced that there was some kind of quality checks.....

so I am sure you buy nothing but the safest products.....

lol. i go by user feedback before any certificate. and believe me i researched the different front ends out there at the time.

the facts are that the guys at cap put out a product that has been known to fail. just look at the links posted above that were provided by customers. you going to tell me that they didn't fail? they sure looked cracked nd broken to me.

like i said. run what you want. i'm just glad your clear across the country.

so I am sure you buy nothing but the safest products.....

not sure what that is supposed to mean, does it mean you buy not safe products and put them on your car? you value your life and others that little? yes my car is safe. i make sure its safe because i take my family out in my car and i don't want to be responsible for killing someone out on the street because i short cut something. i go over the car every spring and make sure everything is ok. if there are any worn items that i thinks could be a problem it gets taken care of. personally i think everyone should go over their car like that every so often.

i have the cap products installed on my car. my front end man checked it all out and said it was all very highly made stuff. hes been in this business for over 30 yrs and has built and maintained aloy of race and strret cars.

i have the cap products installed on my car. my front end man checked it all out and said it was all very highly made stuff. hes been in this business for over 30 yrs and has built and maintained aloy of race and strret cars.

30 years and still can't weld? thats a shame.. :)

870d64c8.jpg

Nope. It was just FYI.

-
Back