Cap Auto Produckets

-
bought mine in january 2011....welds look very nice...

again the k member fit perfect along with the strut rods.

I wasnt bashing.... In fact I hope you and many of us get a positive result from this.

If QA1 bought them I would have to guess before spending big money on buying CAP and putting their widely known name on CAP products and the resulting liabilaty that they did their homework.

I'd sure like to see tubular front end stuff for our cars that are priced in line with the shivvy and crustang guys.

I only posted that mine fit ....nothing else...and some people got their panties in a wad....LOL

someone said my car was unsafe......and I am sure he is an expert in safety since he can see my car from the other side of the country...

Dam ,,,,We need more experts like that....He can probably save the country...should have a job with NASA....LOL

I only posted that mine fit ....nothing else...and some people got their panties in a wad....LOL

someone said my car was unsafe......and I am sure he is an expert in safety since he can see my car from the other side of the country...

Dam ,,,,We need more experts like that....He can probably save the country...should have a job with NASA....LOL

lmao... no one said your car was unsafe. i just stated that i'm glad your across the country from me and my family running a front end known for breaking control arms...

wipe the tears off your cheek and get over it already.. my god your all upset like a little school girl.. are all westerns as sensitive as you?

I think I will stick to my factory K frames, they last 2-3 hundred thosand miles in everyday street driving, hold up in circle track racing, and work fine for the drag strip too.. The only thing to be gained in a tube front end is header clearance, and they are def the ticket in that department!

I agree! I have never did any serious alterations to my tight engine compartment on my 65 Barracuda. I even waited for the Spitfires to come out before ever putting Headers on it. Spitfires are pretty nice as long as you mock them up and mark and weld the collectors on, then let the exhaust experts bend pipe to fit. I rebuilt the suspension myself and just used Moog replacement parts, no squeaks. And SSBC disc brakes. It steers straight and brakes straight and handles fair. I do have the lower control arms with the factory sway bar links but still haven't put the sway bar in yet. That was the only thing that I didn't like was the welds that held the sway bar links on, they were just light tact welds so I had a friend who is a pro welder weld them on nice. Oh and SSBC didn't have dust plates. The Hooker Competition Headers are okay but you have to modify the inner fender wells and I would recommend clean bare stainless or aluminum around the holes, pop riveted on for a clean look and to add strength back, without having the paint fry! The other place they paint fry's with Hookers is the hood, the headers have to be wrapped up because they are up there close to the hood. There are many options but I took the no chopping one, even with the 8 & 3/4 rear. I work around what is original and add bolt on reinforcements. We are not going to go jumping railroad tracks but that is what the uni body torsion bar suspension was originally designed for. It was government funded for police vehicles. I did it once in a 1976 Grand Fury iii with the 440 Highway Patrol package and it bottomed out and sparks were flying but it held up! One of the after market might not do so!

Out in the real world there have been many incidents of Cap Products failing resulting in catastrophic accidents. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out this company has produced and sold low quality defective chassis parts to the public. Buyer beware.

Out in the real world there have been many incidents of Cap Products failing resulting in catastrophic accidents. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out this company has produced and sold low quality defective chassis parts to the public. Buyer beware.

so since you state that "there has been many incidents"....please provide the facts...

no ...us men out here in the west....dont cry about much....only like to see that facts and not hearsay or BS....

In fact out west we are pretty good at smelling Bull ****....LOL

so since you state that "there has been many incidents"....please provide the facts...

no ...us men out here in the west....dont cry about much....only like to see that facts and not hearsay or BS....

In fact out west we are pretty good at smelling Bull ****....LOL

facts? ummm did you not look at the pictures in the posts i posted? can't get too much more factual that that man. cracked right at the welds. thats bad stuff man. the weld is supposed to be the strong point there.

this is about as factual as it gets dude. fact #1) thats a cap arm.. fact #2) is that not broken? sure looks broke to me.. maybe my idea of fact is a little different then yours. who knows. yours seems to be more on the denial side. it is what it is man. hopefully yours never break. wouldn't want to see ya get hurt because some cump with a history of bad welds screwed up a weld on you.

870d64c8.jpg

I'm a certified welder and that pic shows some scary chit there.
It looks like it's mig welded to me.....
I would NEVER mig weld a suspension piece.
The weld itself failed, you're right, it is supposed to be the strongest part of the piece.
It also looks like it started to let go at the bottom of the joint to me, something like this should only be tig welded in my opinion, by a competent welder too i may add.
WOW!

there i quoted the post....for the person that has trouble reading..

statement is many incidents of cap products failing...how many is many? I keep see the same one over and over...

so...where are the many incidents?.....some one made a statement...I would like to see the facts to support his statement....you made slandering remarks about a company but offer no facts....

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6757686&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

same thing being discussed on another board....but they seem to think there was only one incident and the parts were installed wrong or abused.....

and dear AbodyJoe..

my name is not dude...as you can see on the bottom of my post it is Tony

Dude ,prick , tony whatever. who cares. Get over it. Bottom line is their welding ability is in question. And like I said. Hopefully your welds don't break. Hate to see someone get hurt because of some jackass that can't weld.

same thing being discussed on another board....but they seem to think there was only one incident and the parts were installed wrong or abused.....

At the very least it was two different cars plus the other abortion of a kframe for that early abody. And thats the only ones posted on a forum. God only knows how many more failures they really had that you'll never know about.

Used or installed wrong? For real? What idiot thought that bs up? Your supposed to be able to spot bs and you missed that? Even if someone hit a huge curb at 60 mph the weld shouldn't break before the metal around it and that is a fact.

At the very least it was two different cars plus the other abortion of a kframe for that early abody. And thats the only ones posted on a forum. God only knows how many more failures they really had that you'll never know about.

Used or installed wrong? For real? What idiot thought that bs up? Your supposed to be able to spot bs and you missed that? Even if someone hit a huge curb at 60 mph the weld shouldn't break before the metal around it and that is a fact.

You are 100% correct on this point especially.

ok so i get this pm from a butt buddy of the guys over at cap. i won't mention the name o the person though..

A Body Joe, I would be carefull on how much you irresponsibly mislead people to believe opinions on CAP products. Your unfounded statements and inaccurate facts you state, may quickly lead you in a legal predicament Very Quickly.
No ill will intended

Just a suggestion/statement...

get me into a legal predicament... hmmm that speaks volumes man speaks volumes...

not sure what i posted that was misleading kinda wish someone would tell me before threatening me, but i guess i better change my opinion of cap products.. i say yes they are a great product. everyone should go out and buy two of everything. i hope my new backing of their product can put their minds to rest that one nobody like myself no longer dislikes their product..

Cap is a joke. Can't believe ray is still in business and got QA1 to buy. Smoke and mirrors I guess. By the way, I know first hand the products are unsafe and cap would not stand behind them. I have the pictures, witnesses etc to prove it and if I had the time or desire I would have shut them down years ago.

Bottom line is Ma Mopar spent a crap load of money on engineering its front supensionss with REAL engineers not some "chassis guy" who say "that'll work I just know it". The reality is that all of the aftermarket front end companies have had breakage issues, it happens when you have one guy in a chassis shop manufacturing K frames for public consumption. Mopars weren't meant to have coil springs thats why they didn't build them that way. To get on a high horse and call out another member and be mean to him because his front end isn't the same reverse engineered (I use that term loosely) front suspension is just plain wrong. I for one wouldn't buy an aftermarket front suspension from anyone. Oh and by the way I am a certified welder as well and the breakage issues that have been brought forth have been on new parts. Obviously that weld had no penetration, a blind deaf mute man could see that. Welds that have no penetration break immediately very rarely do they last any time under load.

I bought a pair of Upper Control arms and didnt like the feedback I seen, altho the welding did look ok to me. I still went and added extra gussets and TIG welded them on

Attachments

• 2011-03-11_18-15-37_21.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 307
I bought a pair of Upper Control arms and didnt like the feedback I seen, altho the welding did look ok to me. I still went and added extra gussets and TIG welded them on

That's what I'm talkin' bout. Problem solved. I'm sure that a few extra gussets on the tubular K member wouldn't hurt either.

I'll call their stuff junk!!! Arms are sitting in my garage for anyone to look at.I just shake my head every time i look at them.They could have hurt or killed me,my family or anyone unlucky enough to be around at failure time.

I have a set from just suspension....havent got them on the road yet but had a friend who is a fabricator look at them and he said welds looked excellent and plus they were gusseted....I got them on sale about a year ago for 150.00 bucks without bushings or ball joints....I put moog offset bushings and ball joints in....

-
Back