Cap Auto Produckets

-
To all you CAP defenders: Take a look at everthing that has been posted about CAP products breaking or warping because of powdercoating. In every instance Ray has had the opportunity to defend his product. If you look real close he has been completely non responsive. He won't even return calls to people that have had issues.

To all you CAP defenders: Take a look at everthing that has been posted about CAP products breaking or warping because of powdercoating. In every instance Ray has had the opportunity to defend his product. If you look real close he has been completely non responsive. He won't even return calls to people that have had issues.

the guys that haven't had a problem have no reason not to defend them. they apparently have had good luck so far with their stuff. that ray guy sold to qa1 so i don't expect him to defend his stuff now anyway. the information about their product up to this point is out there and the pics show the questions you should have with the product before making a purchase. till the point that qa1 starts producing the stuff. not sure when that is going on, but then only time will tell if the quality has improved or not.

you really think mm or any other magazine are actually going to say anything negative about a paying sponsor? Especially when they only feature paying sponsors product. A magazine is only good for a new product release not honest feedback on a product..

x2

Dude ,prick , tony whatever. who cares. Get over it. Bottom line is their welding ability is in question. And like I said. Hopefully your welds don't break. Hate to see someone get hurt because of some jackass that can't weld.

wow...i take a few days off and you call me a PRICK....

Wow...now YOU resort to name calling...I guess I will be the grown up and let it go.....

boy...it really burns your *** that someone is happy with the Cap K member....

you must be superman with x ray eyes ...if you go by the quality of weld by looking at them......I hope you never inspect a bridge that my family drives over...

Superman to the rescue...faster then a Yellow Dart ....more powerful the AJoeAbody....able to leap tall building with a single line of BS.....Yes...it is AbodyJoe...

ok so i get this pm from a butt buddy of the guys over at cap. i won't mention the name o the person though..

get me into a legal predicament... hmmm that speaks volumes man speaks volumes...

not sure what i posted that was misleading kinda wish someone would tell me before threatening me, but i guess i better change my opinion of cap products.. i say yes they are a great product. everyone should go out and buy two of everything. i hope my new backing of their product can put their minds to rest that one nobody like myself no longer dislikes their product..

simple..it is called slandering ....look it up in the DicKionary

I totally agree with re using the factory suspension and K frame. It can be upgraded with stitch welding and boxing/gusseting as well,and wont cost you a thing other than welding material.

There is an advantage in running alterk etc,with header clearance being the main thing. Other than that,I see no point in spending thousands of $$ when a stock suspension upgrade will give you as good or better handling and no safety issues.

That being said I do have an rms inboard spring kit that looks to be very good quality. The cap stuff is a risk,seeing how there is a proven history of product failure.

However,neither brand is dot approved right?

wow...i take a few days off and you call me a PRICK....

Wow...now YOU resort to name calling...I guess I will be the grown up and let it go.....

boy...it really burns your *** that someone is happy with the Cap K member....

you must be superman with x ray eyes ...if you go by the quality of weld by looking at them......I hope you never inspect a bridge that my family drives over...

Superman to the rescue...faster then a Yellow Dart ....more powerful the AJoeAbody....able to leap tall building with a single line of BS.....Yes...it is AbodyJoe...

lol.. mr. sensitive at it again.. looking at that weld it is easy to tell its a bad weld. what don't you get about that? it broke on the weld. thats a bad weld. a weld is supposed to be stronger then the metal around it.. look through the thread. two certified welders agreed. or is it above your reading comprehension?

like i said. guys that haven't had a problem i expect to defend the product. but the facts are there have been arms that broke because of bad welds. i would hate to see anyone get hurt because of a bad weld. to me thats something to really be concerned about. now will the same problem exist when qa1 is making these things? only time will tell. lets hope not.

boy...it really burns your *** that someone is happy with the Cap K member...

lol.. not it doesn't burn me at all. i'm glad you like your parts. i just hope you continue to like and enjoy the parts because that means no welds broke and you didn't end up into the wall or anything. what burns me is that those parts that failed could have easily been next to a innocent family and took them out. thats what bothers me.

bought a set of RMS upper control arms for the Demon and installed them a few weeks ago....not sure if the car will still go straight but the welds looked nice...LOL

Of course the car will go straight buddy! I have a set of RMS A-arms, and strut rods on my cuda....I think they are an awesome product..with the heim joint ends, the suspension travel is so much more smooth...moves like butter. :)

I'll call their stuff junk!!! Arms are sitting in my garage for anyone to look at.I just shake my head every time i look at them.They could have hurt or killed me,my family or anyone unlucky enough to be around at failure time.

Ray from cap is a douche and I can't believe qa1 bought his stuff. Horrible.

Ray from cap is a douche and I can't believe qa1 bought his stuff. Horrible.

Actually he must be pretty smart to get a big company to buy him out........think about it....just try.

lol! tell him joe. the only guy defending it is the only here with it it looks like. I just had to chime in. everybody wants to be like bill.

Alterkation is RMS? Would be the way I'd go if the $$ were available..

What do the suspension experts suggest we do with our lower arms. Maybe have them xrayed. And re welded or gusset if needed. Was there any problem with CAP strut rods?. I have Cap lowers and Cap strut rods. But I had Cap uppers wich i replaced with RMS uppers. Thanks Darren

What do the suspension experts suggest we do with our lower arms. Maybe have them xrayed. And re welded or gusset if needed. Was there any problem with CAP strut rods?. I have Cap lowers and Cap strut rods. But I had Cap uppers wich i replaced with RMS uppers. Thanks Darren

I think your good with the strut rods but I would rip out the rest of their junk. Are you running the CAP kmember? If so you really should increase your life insurance policy. ASAP
CAP makes some dangerous stuff.

stock K member. is there any gusset work i can do the lowers

Cap K member in action.....and lower struts...

i guess they took welding lessons with your money...starting its 4th season on the car...been raced a 3 different tracks...have had many people look at the k member at MATS....

Attachments

• IMG_4582.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 121
My number 1 concern is to be safe. Number 2 is spending more money. My wife is on the edge on killing me for spending more on the Dart. So like i said i would be willing to rip the lowers off 3and have them x rayed and gussed if needed. Any thoughts

-
Back