CAP Suspension Components.

-
Havent heard mention of the Mancini brand control arms or k frames.Anyone try those?

I still shake my head every time thinking about the fitment issues and how the company owner told one of our members that getting the components powder coated somehow "shrank" them -- a half an inch!!!

Yeahhhhhh right! Got some nice swampland in Louisiana to sell ya if you believe that one.

I still shake my head every time thinking about the fitment issues and how the company owner told one of our members that getting the components powder coated somehow "shrank" them -- a half an inch!!!

Yeahhhhhh right! Got some nice swampland in Louisiana to sell ya if you believe that one.

lmao...

CapK_square.jpg

Hey Eppler. Congrats....you are the first to have good luck with Cap Crap. I have pictures of two broken and warped kframes. Almost died from one. Kind of fishy you live near the owner of Cap. Hmmm. Ray are you out there??? I want my $2k back.
I can send anyone the names and numbers of 2 alignment shops and 1 master fabricator that will confirm the product is dangerous.
Get the alterkation and be safe.

seems 90% of cap defenders all live near the owner. coincidence ? i really doubt it.

seems 90% of cap defenders all live near the owner. coincidence ? i really doubt it.

Not all people living near him defend him. I live less than 25 miles from the owner in Windsor, ON. I've seen a couple of his products in person at a local swap meet. Bare in mind these products were used off his drag dart, so I assumed the quality was slightly higher since they were on his car.

I asked him about the issues he's had with some of his products and I was told that when you manufacture the amount of parts he does, at times there are some missed welds, incorrect measurements. I find it hard to believe that CAP doesn't have a jig set-up to make sure the parts are proper length. Missing a weld I can understand, but you should have a way to determine if that happened.

I'd be willing to try out his front suspension and give a review of it. But I don't think I'll see one coming my way.

Riddler

Not all people living near him defend him. I live less than 25 miles from the owner in Windsor, ON. I've seen a couple of his products in person at a local swap meet. Bare in mind these products were used off his drag dart, so I assumed the quality was slightly higher since they were on his car.

I asked him about the issues he's had with some of his products and I was told that when you manufacture the amount of parts he does, at times there are some missed welds, incorrect measurements. I find it hard to believe that CAP doesn't have a jig set-up to make sure the parts are proper length. Missing a weld I can understand, but you should have a way to determine if that happened.

I'd be willing to try out his front suspension and give a review of it. But I don't think I'll see one coming my way.

Riddler

At the very least, CAP should be building these off of some kind of surface plate and have a couple of vehicles to test fit them. No wonder they have fitment issues. And I'd want one made from DOM tubing - nothing less. They should be tig welded by someone with years of experience. Safety first.

Wylde1.

I was told that when you manufacture the amount of parts he does, at times there are some missed welds, incorrect measurements.

did he say that with a straight face??? that is pathetic.

like you said. for one there has to be some kind of jig to build them on. and second, doesn't anyone look at the product before it is shipped? i mean how hard is it to see a weld that "missed"? come on thats total crap... its called quality control. if its built wrong it gets trashed.

This is getting old. So CAP/Ray/10secondart admits that some of his parts have bad welds etc? Why not refund the money then? If you buy a part that doesn't fit/breaks/bends when powdercoated that's it? No refund? Take a look at all the posts (there's a bunch). Not once does CAP defend his product.

how much land and how much $$$$....:wave::wave:

how much land and how much $$$$....:wave::wave:

Actually, I fibbed.

It's not swampland. It's a full acre right in the middle of Luling, Louisiana (70070). No flooding despite being 25 miles west of New Orleans and a quarter mile from the Mighty Mississippi, but tornadoes spawned by Hurricane Katrina got the better of us. No house anymore (demolished March 13, 2006) but there's still a big shop building and a couple outbuildings intact. Zoned residential but can be rezoned with a commercial rider. Perfect place for you and your family!!! :-D

It was listed on the MLS with a realtor for over two years. Asking $120,000 and you pay the closing costs.

And yeah, I'm serious.

does cap advertise in that magazine?

and so does hundreds of other mopar parts suppliers....

so if they advertise in a magazine that does a review of their product...

the review is bias????

I don't know if CAP uses a jig or not. I just would find it hard to believe they wouldn't have one.

My offer still stands, I'd be willing to test one out. :)

Riddler

and so does hundreds of other mopar parts suppliers....

so if they advertise in a magazine that does a review of their product...

the review is bias????

well from what i understand all of the moapr magazines except mopar enthusiast will only do articles on products from companies that advertise in their magazine ( someone correct me if i'm wrong). kinda takes the credibility away from any article in my opinion. the product may be good but how do you really know from that article. if the product sucks do you really think they will be honest and run the chance of losing their advertising money? especially in this economy when most of the mopar mags are barley hanging on.. so yes i believe the review from a magazine that will only do articles on parts advertised in their magazine has a hell of a lot better chance of being bias..

Remember reading Bolig in Mopar Muscle putting that EFI system on his Dart Sport. Everything was rosy at the time. About a year later, in response to a reader's question, he casually mentioned that it was removed because it was unreliable. I think, personally, that a followup review should have been done, outliining his problems, so others would KNOW that it was removed, WHY it was removed. I'm sure many people look at these articles for ideas, and buy products based on these articles.
If it wasn't for the reader's question, I and others would simply assume that the kit he was using was good.

In a Mopar Action eBerg stated he "dumped" the crappy exhaust he had just put on a Magnum (?). At least he called a spade a spade.

Journalistic integrity and advertising revenues are often mutually exclusive.

Grant

Remember reading Bolig in Mopar Muscle putting that EFI system on his Dart Sport. Everything was rosy at the time. About a year later, in response to a reader's question, he casually mentioned that it was removed because it was unreliable. I think, personally, that a followup review should have been done, outliining his problems, so others would KNOW that it was removed, WHY it was removed. I'm sure many people look at these articles for ideas, and buy products based on these articles.
If it wasn't for the reader's question, I and others would simply assume that the kit he was using was good.

In a Mopar Action eBerg stated he "dumped" the crappy exhaust he had just put on a Magnum (?). At least he called a spade a spade.

Journalistic integrity and advertising revenues are often mutually exclusive.

Grant

yea i talked to randy at carlisle soon after that article. and he told me something in the system was bad and its no longer on the car. he said they sent him the parts to fix it and all but his wife wouldn't let him put it back on the car because she didn't think it was reliable. like you said there should be a complete follow up explaining what was wrong. but they will not bite the hand that feeds them...

bottom line is that magazine articles on products should be used as a whats new type of thing. people should ask for real world customer experiences before buying anything...

Which EFI system did they use? And what month was the article?

oh man i don't remember what system it was. it was a carb looking one with the injectors in the float bowels.

i don't remember what month it was. i forget if it was 2008 or 2009 now. i can remember talking with randy like it was yesterday, looking at his car at the dealer show but don't remember the damn year..lol

-
Back