CAP suspension parts ( got me worried)

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys with all this negitive talk about cap suspension parts .I am worried about my lower control arms and strut rods. I have already replaced my cap upper arms with RMS uppers. my number 1 care is being safe. is there any thing i can do to make these parts safer? Like welding in gussets or have the welds inspected by an expert welders?. I don't know if i want to drive the dart like this. i was telling a few of my mopar friends i might be changing my lowers back to stock and they think i am worrying to much. And the are wanting to trade me for there stock lowers. what should i do? And does any one have info on there strut rods . Thanks Darren

hey guys with all this negitive talk about cap suspension parts .I am worried about my lower control arms and strut rods. I have already replaced my cap upper arms with RMS uppers. my number 1 care is being safe. is there any thing i can do to make these parts safer? Like weding in gussets or have the welds inspected by experts welders?. I don't know if i want to drive the dart like this. i was telling a few of my mopar friends i might be changing my lowers back to stock and they think i am worreying to much. And the are wanting to trade me for there stock lowers. whst should i do? And does any one have info on there strut rods . Thanks Darren

I was running CAP upper control arms in my 66 Valiant and really liked them, but there was a problem, the poly control arm bushings fell apart and were almost completely missing! So, I pulled them and installed a set of stock ones. The arms didn't look bad at all, the welds looked good too, ran them on my car for 6 years. I would like to get another set of bushings, and weld a support gusset/bracket near the ball joint for extra strength, but I would run them again. I bought my arms from him when he first started making them.

And, BTW, the owner offered to send me a set of upper bushings for free to replace the worn out ones....

I purchased the Cap Auto upper and lower control arms and strut rods and looked at the welds and would never use them or sell them for that matter because of the poor quality welds. I did not like the thought of the aluminum strut rods after looking at them, looked a little light duty for my needs. You cant go wrong with the Firm Feel or Hotchkis stuff, that's what I use on my rides.

If you think or feel a part is unsafe...do you need someone else who can not see the part to tell you to take it off the car?

If you think or feel a part is unsafe...do you need someone else who can not see the part to tell you to take it off the car?

That is the problem. I did not think they were not safe untill i started reafing posts on a few websites. But some people have put alot of miles on them with no problems. And also i am running a 440 in my dart. thanks

Tony are you running cap lower control arms. And strut rods. with your cap k frame?

just the strut rods with the k member..the upper are RMS..

wazoo ... I remember you from the last time. :-D I have to agree with your advice and once again defend my earlier position that no matter who did the work, the powder coating process was NOT to blame for the defects no matter what the company rep said.

wazoo ... I remember you from the last time. :-D I have to agree with your advice and once again defend my earlier position that no matter who did the work, the powder coating process was NOT to blame for the defects no matter what the company rep said.

WTH?
Someone actually said the powder coating made a metal part fail?

BS, there aint a chance in (you know where)

I could see it if it was a plasic or nylon part, but not steel or aluminum.

WTH?

The first kmember broke multiple times. Cap tried to make things right and sent me another one. It didn't fit. He said it must have lost its dimensions in the powder coating process. I asked for money back and told me to pound sand. He used my $2000 to work out the bugs. Total scam.

WTH?

The first kmember broke multiple times. Cap tried to make things right and sent me another one. It didn't fit. He said it must have lost its dimensions in the powder coating process. I asked for money back and told me to pound sand. He used my $2000 to work out the bugs. Total scam.

Thanks wazoo! You saved me some time digging through old threads to make sure I had my facts straight before addressing TrailBeast's comment. :-D You get a big muahhhhhhhhhhhhhh tonight.

So what i am reading is do not use the upper control arms? no matter what or can you just brace them? I have travel limiter's under my control so when i leave the line that thing takes a direct hit every time.

-
Back