Car hauler trailers

-
he got it and let his kid use it for hauling his junk instead of my friend. Evidently, the kid can’t drive for sheite!
This is my trailer, it was cheap and has done what I needed it to do. A homemade job that has shortened mobile home axles, and new wood when I purchased it. It's heavy, but also heavy duty.

IMG_20200530_111601.jpg

It's capable of hauling a car, but it's better for a Bobcat. I loaned it to my stepson, and he and his father have managed to rip off the jack, and mangle the taillights and wiring. They replaced the jack, but I get to do the wiring. I'll upgrade to a six pole connector, no more adapter. Right now it's covered with stuff from the stepsons shed he moved crap out of. Someday I'll get it back.

Last edited:
sure, but do they get parked all winter like my trailer light?

and are they build with the same gauge material for the sides?
Thousands of semi trailers are more or less permanently parked for storage.

As someone who pulls them for a living: since the goal is the lightest weight, they are built as flimsy as structurally possible. (Seriously: if the builders could, they'd use aluminum foil sides.) Sides are sometimes fiberglass, more often sheetmetal with vertical supports about every foot. Roofs are translucent fiberglass-type material or sheetmetal.

I have a question here, there's a lot of old travel trailers out there that people would pay you to take away. Are their frames strong enough to turn into a car trailer?

Yes, I have seen it done. Just beware of the REALLY old ones, that might use funky wheels, axles, and brakes. Check the axle weights before buying, because some (especially "lightweights": Spree, Jayco Jay Feather, Lance) use incredibly-undersized axles for the size. (Think: 13" wheels on a 26' trailer.)

Uhaul!

can’t afford a trailer these days and it gets the job done.

Had to bend down the inner lip of the ramps with a pipe wrench to clear the 33x21.50r15s

5DC90A11-E691-42F1-80E8-6A9062368DE3.jpeg

Trailer prices are nuts.I paid 1200 for mine and added led lights.i could go on a nice vacation if I sold it now

20191016_175923.jpg

Hopefully this will be sold tomorrow
2016 Diamond Cargo 8.5x28
heavy Duty 7000lbs axles
***Sold***

CE65C597-9D37-4ED1-82BF-6F3830217157.jpeg

D0474F3A-51D2-4AE4-94DD-EFFD6987E5DA.jpeg

9D823A00-102E-4888-897D-A3CEF5162513.jpeg

Last edited:
24’ enclosed. Only issues with my trailer these days are tires. Had another one bulge out on the sidewalls. I’m about ready to go with light truck tires. Last June I went through three tires coming back from Washington state.

24’ enclosed. Only issues with my trailer these days are tires. Had another one bulge out on the sidewalls. I’m about ready to go with light truck tires. Last June I went through three tires coming back from Washington state.
LT's on my open . I try to do the speed limit, hard to do in california, don't wanna get stopped with truck tires. Keep em real hard (inflated) too.

we have a couple older trailers. open 22ft featherlight ( you forget its back there ) and a 24ft enclosed Hallmark ( pulls great just Heavy ).
the featherlight I have drug all kinds of crap home with pulling it behind one of my Dakotas. the enclosed does a lot better with a bigger truck.
wouldn't let go of either as I can replace one for what we paid for both. the enclosed doubles as my storage shed everything from the tractor to cars sit in it.

LT's on my open . I try to do the speed limit, hard to do in california, don't wanna get stopped with truck tires. Keep em real hard (inflated) too.

DOT allows truck tires on trailer as long as they are de-rated properly for load ratings. IIRC it's something along the line of 80% of posted load rating

Most trailer tires, especially the 205/75/15's are total trash.

DOT allows truck tires on trailer as long as they are de-rated properly for load ratings. IIRC it's something along the line of 80% of posted load rating

Most trailer tires, especially the 205/75/15's are total trash.
I bought two extra wheels when I bought my trailer and it came with one spare. So now I have 3. I usually don’t tow without 2 of them with me.

I bought two extra wheels when I bought my trailer and it came with one spare. So now I have 3. I usually don’t tow without 2 of them with me.

I had one spare wheel w/tire and carries 2-3 extra tires with me... when one blows, guaranteed, the other one on same side is a goner!

This is my trailer, it was cheap and has done what I needed it to do. A homemade job that has shortened mobile home axles, and new wood when I purchased it. It's heavy, but also heavy duty.

View attachment 1715920348

It's capable of hauling a car, but it's better for a Bobcat. I loaned it to my stepson, and he and his father have managed to rip off the jack, and mangle the taillights and wiring. They replaced the jack, but I get to do the wiring. I'll upgrade to a six pole connector, no more adapter. Right now it's covered with stuff from the stepsons shed he moved crap out of. Someday I'll get it back.
I think I know who would be on my "do not loan list" now.

-
Back