CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Like I said before, I wouldn't even deal with that woman and her "10K" Dart- even third-hand, she was aggravating.

As for Lump (can't wait for the story on that name), you got two choices: turn her towards the wall like the last Christmas tree on the lot (you know, the one with the big bare spot on one side).. or, stock up on sawzall blades, then slip Fern a mickey in her 20w50, and do what you have to do.. :axe:

Just kidding, I'd never, ever advocate cutting up a solid, running, green 4-door slant Dart.

Like I said before, I wouldn't even deal with that woman and her "10K" Dart- even third-hand, she was aggravating.

As for Lump (can't wait for the story on that name), you got two choices: turn her towards the wall like the last Christmas tree on the lot (you know, the one with the big bare spot on one side).. or, stock up on sawzall blades, then slip Fern a mickey in her 20w50, and do what you have to do.. :axe:

Just kidding, I'd never, ever advocate cutting up a solid, running, green 4-door slant Dart.

You'd be suprised to know what was going through my mind on that very subject!! Still sipping that 1st Corona from getting back. Been posting and ABB brought back some Gold Star chili that went to the fridge. Guess I'll get up and eat!

Still pondering the hatchet. I left it on truck, was going to swing by the body shop of a friend. I think I'll drive it down there Monday on it's own steam. Supposedly drives/runs great/tracks straight, and that lady's house is right around the corner from the body shop!! LOL!!
I hoping my buddie can stretch it right for me for me on his rack. Afterwords, we can commence ta cuttin! The I get to cut up another at the yard!!! I still have to cut a spare well for Fern before she loses her gas tank!!
Wait till ya see more pics on LUMP!

Just know too, that I was not real happy how the "GENTLEMAN" (enter extreme sarcasm here) who owned the car talked to me. Long story. Too negetive. He will be reading this post on here too. He owns a duster and will probibly end up on here too so I guess I better watch what I say.

Sorry Slantsick, got me to thinkin about it again. I'm over it for now.....unless he shows.........

I am getting very hungry and ABB tells me that's usually when I turn mean and nasty!!
I'll come back and edit later, maybe! (I DID!):cheers:
In retrospect I think I would have rather delt with that lady and the 10K Dart.8)

Hey FABO!

Time for a readers digest version chapter 19 of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Not really hunting at the moment but they are starting to find me. More to come on that Friday night!

This morning I went to my favorite local tire store. I learned my leasson last time I went here I had to run back home for the camera for the blue fish.
Anyway, took you guys with me so here's a quick 4 pics of what I saw there!!

Enjoy and see you in the funny papers!:read2:

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Love that Coronet.. so, where are the pics of it strapped to the back of FOTO? Or is ABB not supposed to know yet...?
icon12.gif

That Coronet is very similiar to a '73 Satellite sedan I almost bought a few years back. Running and driving slant/auto, solid except for quarters and exhaust. Had a deal worked out for 450- but the guy I was working for at the time stiffed me for two weeks wages, so it fell through. For the sake of my (at the time) new marriage, it's probably just as well- sleeping in a car isn't much fun -but I'm still kinda pissed about it.

Love that Coronet.. so, where are the pics of it strapped to the back of FOTO? Or is ABB not supposed to know yet...?
icon12.gif

That Coronet is very similiar to a '73 Satellite sedan I almost bought a few years back. Running and driving slant/auto, solid except for quarters and exhaust. Had a deal worked out for 450- but the guy I was working for at the time stiffed me for two weeks wages, so it fell through. For the sake of my (at the time) new marriage, it's probably just as well- sleeping in a car isn't much fun -but I'm still kinda pissed about it.

LOL!!!

LMBO!!! No, she's not supposed to know I hooked that bait shop up and brought IT home!

LMBO!!!:toothy10:

5.jpg

Well FABO,

Did ya miss me and

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

and FOTO? Well we missed yall!!:cheers:
So me and FOTO thought we'd better git one after we got a call this morning. Couldn't pass it up. Best deal I ever got on a Dog House for 2 with tunes and electric vents!! HEY IT"S EVEN A 4 DOOR!!!!!:cheers:

Just wanted to give you guys a laugh!! Vinnie loves it and it just so happens he's going to the vet this week so he got a new van to go in instead of BOF!! I don't want him slobberin all over BOF, she just won a show!! Sides, Vinnie loves Vinnie's Van!!!:toothy10:

Well , that ends this comical chapter of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Comon FABO, I know you're looking at cars for sale but not posting for us all to enjoy. You don't really expect me and FOTO to do all the leg work do ya???
If ya go look at one, buying or not, take a few pics and post em here on

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

OH!
Good News!!! I Forgot to mention...
Found out today while getting lumps tags; (By the way thanks to the jerk who sold Lump to me and the stupid notery HE had to use, you guys F'd up the title and put 617412 miles! I had to exempt the milage just to keep from dealing with you 2 ever again)

Anyway, I can sell 12 vehicles a year with out dealers license!!! I'd be happy if I can get 6 done a season!!! Only problem if I scrap any the title transfer counts againts the 12 even going to the crusher.
Guess We'll have to buy em low, fix em up, and sell em high!! SAVE EM ALL!!!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I get back home with Lump and ABB tells me the lady with the 10K Dart called and left a message!! She wants to talk to me about her Dart!!!

I need a Corona8)

Ha HA LMBO!!!

Still haven't called her back! Tee Hee!!!:bootysha::toothy10:

There are almost none of those first-gen minivans left up here.. haven't seen one that solid since I was in high school ('90-'94), practically.

As for the mudflaps, as far as I can see they're just excellent tinworm breeding sites- and our F150 fenders don't need the help, especially with the plastic inner fenders bolted to the wheel-lip. Just about the first thing I did when I got my '92 four years ago was throw away the mudflaps and start attacking the rust.. But, I was already too late, and eventually my front fenders looked like this behind the bondo, fibreglas, and lower section patch made from dryer sheetmetal..
1fender3.jpg

Finally got sick of the "penny-wise, pound foolish" approach this March:
1fender2.jpg

Last week I traded an 18-pack of Miller ($16.64) to a buddy for a driver's fender, so I get to do it all again.. but, no more bondo! :toothy10:

There are almost none of those first-gen minivans left up here.. haven't seen one that solid since I was in high school ('90-'94), practically.

As for the mudflaps, as far as I can see they're just excellent tinworm breeding sites- and our F150 fenders don't need the help, especially with the plastic inner fenders bolted to the wheel-lip. Just about the first thing I did when I got my '92 four years ago was throw away the mudflaps and start attacking the rust.. But, I was already too late, and eventually my front fenders looked like this behind the bondo, fibreglas, and lower section patch made from dryer sheetmetal..
1fender3.jpg

Finally got sick of the "penny-wise, pound foolish" approach this March:
1fender2.jpg

Last week I traded an 18-pack of Miller ($16.64) to a buddy for a driver's fender, so I get to do it all again.. but, no more bondo! :toothy10:

NICE!!!
Wish I could find a fender that nice for LUMP and FERN!!!:cheers:

Yeah, I got lucky that day, found that truck in the junkyard before anybody had driven the forkloader over it. :angry7: Actually, pretty much everything about it was nicer than mine- no rust, clean interior, sanitary-looking engine bay w/ a 302.. had "CasH 4 CLuNkeRs" grease-penciled on a spotless windshield. :banghead: Fender cost me 40 bucks, but it was worth it not to dub with the old one anymore.

The fender I traded the beer for isn't near that nice, but the price was right, and it doesn't have a foot-sized rothole in it, so I'm happy.

I have a good 3.0 with a new rebuilt trans, I'll sell you cheep, it came out of my van just like yours, except mine was longer and had tinted glass in the back, I hit a herd of deer a week after I had the trans done](*,)

I have a good 3.0 with a new rebuilt trans, I'll sell you cheep, it came out of my van just like yours, except mine was longer and had tinted glass in the back, I hit a herd of deer a week after I had the trans done](*,)

Good Grief!!! Only good deer is a dead one!!!

Van's emgine runs great now! $60.00 Idle position sensor replaced, battery charged, found unhooked brake booster hose!
Anybody wanna race???!!!:cheers:

Hey FABO!
Just a quick update.
FOTO and I hauled our first 2 rides to the junk yard this week!:cheers:
I am currently running an ad in local paper that reads;

Paying Top Cash for all
vehicles running or not.
Call between 8am-8pm
7 days a week. For fast
pick up, have title ready.
Call us last for best pricing!

Have been getting ton of calls. Competing against 5 other guys in the area.

That's what brings me to mentioning the next looming chapter of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Not a MOPAR but interesting....
Lady calls and leaves a message;
I have a mustang from the 60's I want you to buy, call me back at.....
Another life is stranger than fiction moment? I have 2 rocker moldings for mustang in my garage! Only Ferd parts I have!!8)

Got to talk with her this AM. Husband bought 15 years ago to restore for daughter. One thing then another, never finished and husband passed couple years ago. Tired of looking at it. She don't have title, but will help me with signing papers & whatnot to get a good title later. Don't know anymore about it but the engine is in the garage, the car outside in the yard. No seats inside. The husband was in the middle of restore.

Asked what she would like to get out of it. She said about $150.00!!
Appointment set for Monday morning, 7-8Am with cash in hand and driving FOTO! Only bout 6 miles from my house!!

I can't wait to see this one!!!:cheers:

Hey guys!

Went to look at the rustang for

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Foggy morning. The rustang was pretty much what I expected. Competeing against a big junk yard here and he's telling everyone he'll pay $25.00 more than me per junk car no matter what I offer!!
Too bad he takes up to 2 months to get back to the lady with the rustang. She's giving it to me for $25.00 less just cause he didn't start calling this lady back untill last week when she said I was comming out. (He already beat me outta 2 vehicles last week cause he's so rich!)
She told me He wasn't getting the rustang due to not comming out for 2 months and is rude. She's letting me buy it due to fast friendly service!!

She has a 3 foot tall pile of sheetmetal for barns, 3' wide 16' long each and wants me to scrap that for her and said she would give me 50% of the money!! I bet there's 2 ton of metal there. I'll be working there the rest of the week picking and hauling scrap metal after I get the Dang Stang!

She's sunk in to the floor pans. Rear whells and tires not on. I paid her a deposit even thought she said the other guy wasn't getting it, I told her I would feel better giving her 50 now, the she could run up and get groceries if she needs them! Told her I would have to come back in the morning at first light while it's cool out. Taking shovel, lug nuts, jack, 4 way, etc, tools. I'll be ready to get that rusttang on the truck. Almost forgot I need to take my air tank to air up the tires. Gonna be a job getting this out of the Hoosier "Quick Clay"!:-D

Well, here's a couple of pics. Will be going to get rest of car tomorrow. Just brought home fenders and a box of parts today.

I'll update you guys tomorrow on how it goes.

Anybody be able to decode the vin tag? No one knows what year it is. I'm hoping for 64 1/2!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I was going to say 6cyl because of it looking like 4 lugs per wheel.

You are right!!!
Shows how much I know about rustangs!

Man was that thing a ***** to get out of that lady's yard!!!!
Total lawn job in about 20 places while I was moving FOTO for different wench pulls!
No wheels rolling. Had to jack it out of the deep holes it had sunk in. 3 trips to her house yesterday to find wheel correct lugs to put on rear tires, only had 2 so I put 1 lug nut on each rear wheel. Bout pulled my wench off the truck zig zaggin the car across the yard due to wheels not spinning and would not pull straight no matter what!!

I finally got it where I could drag onto the truck but the wheels not spinning made my ramps keep pushing up onto the truck. Car would not go onto the ramps!! 2 trys, went home cussing. Called the local tow truck service to get a roll back out there. ($70.00 for 20 mile tow) Went with and saw the driver almost loose his truck and the mustang into a ravine/creek!!! He lifted the bed off the ground and his Ebrake slipped and off the truck went!! I never seen a 300lb man move so fast, like a gazzell!!! He jumped straight up in air, when landing feet already running!!! He caught it in the nick of time!!!
Finally got it home. Has all parts except seats & bumpers.

That lady's job is cursed! I went to fire FOTO this AM, had a guy and me going to scrap a huge pile of steel sheeting from the same property but FOTO had an electrical smell, then all bed clearence lights and taillights went out!! Still have brake lights but when I turn off headlight switch the top of cab lights stay on when ignition is on!!

I'm going to try a headlight switch as soon as stores open. I hope that fixes it. This was first job I had to do and even found another unemployed guy to help me when he called my ad in paper trying to sell me his car! He's ready to work too! Already called me this AM!!

Hope I get it fixed this AM, we both could use the $$!8)

Have a good day today chryslerfat! Don't worry, not keeping the mustang even though ABB already eyeing it! :love7:

I ran and put it on CL as a parts car sale!! Hope to get calls today and get it outta here before she wants me to restore this one too!! LOL!!!
Had to laugh, that ABB thinks I can fix anything!!! LMBO!!!!:-D

Here's a few more pics for entertainment & coffee drinking this AM!
Plus it shows proof positive that I'm dumb enough to drag anything home!!
Plus I know ABB is the girl for me cause she always likes what I drag home too!! (Except the mini van!!)

Well FABO, I guess we'll be meeting again on the next chapter of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Wonder what kind of junk we'll find next?

See ya in the funny papers!!!:-D

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Looks like a good score for the money. If it was me, I'd probably keep the engine & tranny (200 six is a helluva motor) and start looking for a Fox-body to put it in. I had an '81 Rustang and loved that car. This thing doesn't even have a hatchback- what good is that?

As for the rest, I'd laugh all the way to the bank. Tell ABB to be patient if she really wants a Mustang.. they made 409,260 2-door coupes in '65 alone, finding one that isn't a heap wouldn't be hard.

-
Back