CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Good to here you sold one! I know it is hard to say goodbye, but that should keep the business going for a little while longer. Sounds like the new owners will appreciate her.

Good to here you sold one! I know it is hard to say goodbye, but that should keep the business going for a little while longer. Sounds like the new owners will appreciate her.

One of those sad but better off now moments in life.
Oh well, on to the next two!:cheers:

This is for ABodyBetty, for sale in Sweden.
Actually they are quite hard to find in a nice condition.
http://www.classiccars.se/e_classic/e_b_detalj.asp?txtLopnr=38425&txtVar=1
This is what the add says:
A nice original car, all doc since it was new, previously owned by a lady 1964-2001 since then the car has only traveled 10000 km of three owners. For sale only because I do not have time to care for it. The car is going to be inspected by April 2012.

OK, for the last 2 hours or so I have read this post. 64Dart170 this is a fun and entertaining thread. I love your cars and FOTO. Great job! You seem to be very passionate about this car hobby, or should I say 'life style'. Thank-you for doing this thread. Good luck with your venture and/or new job.
Dave

Thanks guys,
Hey FABO!

Yes I miss BOF.
No The new owner hasn't called about the seat cores and other parts either. It's like she fell off the face of ABodies radar....:angry7:

Enough O that!

Here we go on chapter 23 of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

I know it's been a while, sorry. Was in mourning for BOF for a while. Still am.
Staying pretty busy hauling bran X to the junk yard. 3 out of every 5 hauled stay here for couple hundie in repair$, then resale for under $1k.
Starting to do OK but FOTO has a noise comming up in the flex plate / torq converter area. Rubbing metalic noise on load from stop, once going 10+ mph goes away. Worse loaded than unloaded. After waiting 3 weeks it's finially going into the lift at the tranny shop monday. Looking at around $1500 rebuild Ball park worse case hopefully!! But I have to repair. FOTO is VERY needed and used often. Didn't know how much till the last 2 days Yard Dawg hauling my runs and making my money from them cause I can't afford to pay someone to haul my runs for me. I hope FOTO gets well soon!!!:cheers:

Anyway got a call yesterday for this car and if we can meet on $ then I will get. Was supposed to call them today at 1:00 but no answer, left message. Just waiting on the call and ABB will drive me up. I can drive this one home!
I know not a mopar but at the right $ I can clean/work and flip to help pay for tranny on FOTO!

Still waiting for the call...........:clock:

Tune in next time for Chapter 23 update of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

So here we go to see Ferd's answer to the hang ten Dart, 10 years late!
1981 Ferd Fairmont Futura Sport Coup, check the custom rims!

Chow for Now!:-D

looks like an easy fix, you should not have any problem flipping that. as they don't weigh much;)

Sence we have used this thread as the unofficial restore thread of FOTO the car hauler, I thought I would post update here. Some members have been asking......:read2:

FOTO's tranny finally showed up here today.
Tranny shop says call next wed!
SOooooo....
Welding floors in FOTO and have to do rear brakes before going to the tranny shop next week.
I've never done brakes on a dually. Axles OUT! Jezz, I'M NOT A MECHANIC!!!:cheers:

Anyway, here's some Metal FAB pics on FABO!
Forgive the welding, only been doing a couple of days now!!:-D

So here's the pics of FOTO on

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Here is some more pics of progress!
Anyone know what the thin metal parts for the tranny flex plate are called????

Getting that tranny and parts was like giving birth!!!:cheers:

Cheers!8)

Looking Good!!! You just caught that rust in time. Now after the floor pans are repaired and the new transmission is in, you can go a hunting for more cars to haul and to get FOTO making money for you again.

Hey FABO!!!!

Guess what?!!!

IT'S BAAAAAAACK!!!
It's that time of year again!!!!

OH! What time is that you ask???:clock:

Well it's time for the next chapter of..........

:clock:

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

I know, it's been too long, and some of the newer members on here probibly have no clue as to what the heck

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

is, but I did not want to bore you with all the riff raff I normally haul, so I though I would limit it to Interesting ones or MOPAR only.

Anyway I was out for my monthly trip around the local bergs posting flyers for buying cars. Me and Fern were making the rounds today and of course someone asked what year, YADA, YADA, YADA, you all know the drill!
So the he asked if it was a slant 6 in her. I said yes, then he wanted to know if I was interested in another slant 6. I said sure, always interested!!:read2:
So I ask "why I can't have the rest of the car though, and what kind is it!"8)

He pipes up and says "it's a 63 valiant........4 DOOR" OF COURSE!!:cheers:
Push button tranny and all still there!:cheers:

Well, what else is wrong with it??

Back side glass broke last year, interior shot and rusty.

OK, but are you selling just engine or can I have the whole car?!!:toothy10:

Yeah but just say your buying the engine and getting the rest of the car for free!

OK!!! Lets just say you give me your number and I'll call Ya!!!:cheers:
:wav:HAPPY DANCE INSERTED HERE!

As soon as I got back home, I called and will be taking Me, Fern or Clara (depending if it's snowing or not, Clara is the one with the studds on, Fern doesn't have studs yet)
Will go tomorrow to look at it!!!:cheers:

Was hoping you guys and gals at FABO might like to go with us again on another weird and exciting installment of
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

(Sorry BOF will not be with us this time)
If ya do, let me know or just tune in tomorrow for the newest episode of
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Cheers,
Later when your hair gets straighter!!:toothy10:

Hey welcome back!!! :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: heck yeah let's go get that Valiant!! :cheers:

Good to see you back. This is one of my favorite threads.

Now, lets see some spectacular finds!

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy FABO!!!!!!

It's heeeeere!!!:wav:

Chapter 24 of........

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Well it's been a long time comming, and I have missed yall too! Alot of members thought it was all over when BOF left us. But now FOTO is here and ready to haul ***!:cheers:
Some say FOTO always hauls *** due to me being inside driving!!:toothy10:

Nuff said! LOL!
Wanted to say sorry ahead of time due to bad pics. I have been having MAJOR problems with the camera sense falling with it at the last car show. It broke and my hip, knee, and ankle on that side haven't been the same either. I haven't been to another car thing sense that crash and burn!!!
The camera has intermit troubles with flash and exposure. When I get a free back up camera from sombody someday (Please send Nikon cool pics to my address LOL), I will send this one off to be worked on. Oh well.....:angry7:

Anyway, we took FOTO today to haul the car back. (BOF sorely missed, not the same but we can haul now too) We also stopped by and picked up Yard Dawg on the way up. (Some of you know him as my partner in all parts MOPAR!!)
Excitement was running high, but when YD found out who had the car he knew where we were going and knew the guy. YD said he'd be REAL happy to see him in on this deal. (Probibly called me instead thinking he could get more $$ for the car from me than Yard Dawg! LOL!!)

Sooooo.....Check the pics and enjoy!!

Don't forget, anyone of the members here at FABO are invited to submit their own posts at anytime to this thread!!:cheers:

Well, I won't bore you all anymore with my babble. Enjoy the pics. We'll be picking the car as soon as title is found and the ground thaws enough to let go of the floor boards!! LOL!!!

Tune in next time for the newest (and hopefully with better pics) of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Later when your hair gets straighter, truckem safe, keep it between the ditches!!!8)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 593
  • 9.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 591
  • 8.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 592
  • 7.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 626
  • 6.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 597
  • 5.jpg