CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
I was going to add pictures from a car hunt that I did while traveling to New Albany but I couldn't figure out how to download them from my camera to the computer. Anyway, on the way there I saw an old car and all I could make out was 5 letters on the front. Too far away to see what it said. But I was thinking there is only one 5 letter car, DODGE. So on the way back I stopped and seen it was a VOLVO. It said Big on the grill. Don't know if Big went with the car or not. All I know is it was old and it didn't say Dodge. Oh well, better luck next time. Got to watching my driving though while I am in the company car.

Well it sounds like you both are having fun roaming the country roads. I hauled some scrap today to change oil on the truck that pulls the trailer. Saturday we are going to Ill. to bring home a [dare I say it] Lincoln Mark 8 LSC that I bought for the girlfriend.

Did the "Big" badge look like this?
3941848044_75613c21c4_b.jpg

If so, that denotes Volvo's "B series" OHV slant four, 1.8 liter displacement. If the "G" looked like a "g", then that would be the 1.9 liter slant four.

And did the car look like a 2/3 scale '48 Ford designed by a bright 12 year old? Probably a PV544:
3941832148_782381eef4_b.jpg

In any case, I for one would love to see pics of it- I'm an unapologetic Volvo geek.

Well it sounds like you both are having fun roaming the country roads. I hauled some scrap today to change oil on the truck that pulls the trailer. Saturday we are going to Ill. to bring home a [dare I say it] Lincoln Mark 8 LSC that I bought for the girlfriend.

Cool!
Post some pics! Don't be shy!!
All

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

entries are welcome!
I had a scrap job at the mustang ladies place this AM. Had found another unemployed guy to split my take after expenses to help bust down and load. When I went to lady's house (4 times up and down her road in FOTO) day before yesterday, her gravel devels backbone road has 2" high packed bumps every 8" or so. Just enought to rattle fillings out of your skull. We tried to start FOTO before dawn. Started but smelled smoke, clearance lights went out on deck and tailights too! Had brake lkights headlights, and cab lights. Came back home shut off light switch while FOTO running. Top of Cab lights stayed on untill key shut off!!
The lady's bumpy road and driveway finally rubbed inulation off common clearence marker wire under drivers side battery box. Spent all day yesterday rewireing crispy wires in melted loom!! Good times!!!
So by the time we finally made it almost to her road, the county was spraying chip and seal tar. I turned around, didn't want all the tar on FOTO's front bed panels. I called later and canceled the whole thing. Could have really used the money too! Oh well.... really only wanted to scrap cars, not physically load steel pole barn panels that are liquid nailed together with leftover glue sticking the whole pile together!!

Way too much stress!!
Need some more cars to haul, but not getting any calls now with the dipstick telling everyone $25 more per car no matter what I offer! It's real hard to compete with that!!:angry7:

Have a good one!!8)

If so, that denotes Volvo's "B series" OHV slant four, 1.8 liter displacement. If the "G" looked like a "g", then that would be the 1.9 liter slant four.

And did the car look like a 2/3 scale '48 Ford designed by a bright 12 year old? Probably a PV544:

In any case, I for one would love to see pics of it- I'm an unapologetic Volvo geek.

That is the car. I will try to see if I can down the pics from my camers this weekend. The car was just sitting thre wasting away. Felt sorry for it because I thought it was pretty cool looking.

We got the LSC home last night I will get a pic to post later. It needs a lf strut because the air bag leaks. I also tore off a brake line taking it off the trailer I need to fix. We had a tire blow on the trailer 15 miles after picking up the car. Had to drive for 30 miles on a flat checking every exit on 55 in Ill. till we could get a tire mounted. I give kudos to the gentleman that gave us 2 decent car tires and to Goodin auto along route 66 for mounting the tire for 10 bucks. This in my contribution for Fabozene lol

We got the LSC home last night I will get a pic to post later. It needs a lf strut because the air bag leaks. I also tore off a brake line taking it off the trailer I need to fix. We had a tire blow on the trailer 15 miles after picking up the car. Had to drive for 30 miles on a flat checking every exit on 55 in Ill. till we could get a tire mounted. I give kudos to the gentleman that gave us 2 decent car tires and to Goodin auto along route 66 for mounting the tire for 10 bucks. This in my contribution for Fabozene lol

BAD LUCK for ya but it does tend for some interesting reading!:read2:
Looking foward to pics and few more gory details, LOL!!!:cheers:

Way Happy to see a fine FABO submission to

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

Thanks Chryslerfat!:cheers:

1965barracuda076.jpg

All in all I think the car was well worth the 850 we paid plus about 250 to get it home. She says I can drive it on days she doesnt work. lol I am thinking of tinting the windows in the afternoon.

1965barracuda076.jpg

All in all I think the car was well worth the 850 we paid plus about 250 to get it home. She says I can drive it on days she doesnt work. lol I am thinking of tinting the windows in the afternoon.

I always have liked the Lincoln Mark series cars sense I was a kid and saw a big fat detective name "Cannon" on TV who drove one! LOL!!
Love these cars!!8)

Hey FABOites!

Time for another installment of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

The totally unscheduled, unapproved and unauthorized web based magazine of FABO!!

I had a quick chuckle for eveyone today so I thought I would share.
ABB and I went to a great little 2nd annual car show and flea market in Laurel IN this past weekend. Will be there next year and setting up a booth too!
Anyway, we went through a little historic canal town of Metamora IN to look at a 2 unit store/house right on the canal I almost bought 15 years ago. When we went down the canal drive (where mules would draft the barges down the canal into the locks) we came up on this (see pics)
Pretty cool but I though a little pricy at $8900.00!! I could buy 2 BOF's at that price!!
Gentleman who owned seemed real nice, we just said hi in passing, but ABB got a couple of pics while I was turning Baby around.

Well that's it for this quickie edition of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

See ya in the funny papers!:toothy10:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Needs more giant pushbar and hood-mounted 50-cal machine gun.

The lines of the '66-'67 Coronet & Charger speak for themselves- they're beautiful cars in any condition short of crushed flat. That said, I've always felt that chrome parts were chrome plated for a reason.

Just read this entire thread, Entertaining! Great stories haha
Possibly post more pics of B bodies you come across? I know this is an abody forum but i just love them b's

I figured how to download the pics from the phone. Hope you like them. I love this car even though it is no a Mopar. I know the pics are small but I think you can get the "picture." LOL!!!

volvo1.jpg

volvo2.jpg

their nice/dependable cars. in 1981 I was in sweden on motorcycle business w/wife and our daughter 1 year old Lauren. we bough a 1968 Duette, which looks like this only a station wagon. we took the fairy into poland/drove into east berlin, west berlin,austria, switzerkand,france,belgum,netherlands,denmark and back to sweden, then norway..gould get in up to 110K on hills.ha!, we camped in the back every other day as we were young and wanted to spend our $$$ on traveling.

Anything been going on down yonder ?

Not as far as A-bodies!

Did a bit of work on Fern today. Will be updating her thread later.

Hauled a few to the junk yard. Found out the yard I was going to was shorting me $50.00 on cars and $90.00 on mini vans. Lost about $180.00 due to learning curve.

Sold the red Plymouth Voyager Sat! $450! (Junking for $365.00!) So made a little. Wouldn't have sold it but I drug a Dodge Caravan 96 home needing a timing belt I think. The dist rotor not spinning! Waiting on Junk Yard Dawg to give me the go ahead to tow to his house for repairs. I'm next in line for that.

Hows the new LSC doing? DIdn't see anymore pics or news yet!

Got a "CASH FOR CARS" ad on our local cable. 15 sec spot in rotation with 11 other ads on channel with just the ads playing with NOAH weather radio plying in background audio. $125.00 per month. Just a power point file. Ad in papers too. Am checking with the local radio station next week too.

The 10K Dart lady keeps calling me to see if I sold BOF yet. She's chomping at the bit to sell to me for $5500.00! I told her back then if she didn't sell to me then, I wouldn't have the money later! I wasn't joking but I did get FOTO instead!

Had a few tire kickers and 2 joy rides this weekend so far with BOF sales.

Still haven't found anyone to buy the 65 mustang parts car yet either. had someone from the junk yard that towed it for me, looked at it yesterday. Had another leed too. If it don't sell by Wed. I'll be cutting it apart and ebaying parts!

Printed some flyers that look like my TV spot. Have been hitting peoples wiper blades on run down cars locally, lik American Pickers style! Hit 10 last night and by the time I got home, there was 1 call already! Got the Dodge Caravan on the first day the TV spots aired. Quiet week last week no calls and only hauled 1 from weeks prior!

Did have a printing job interview Thursday!!:cheers:
All large format digital presses. Just like desktop printer on steriods! About 3 pick up trucks long, 2 high, 1 and half wide! Right now they are prointing on 1/4" plexiglass!! Way cool. They were wanting me to run bigest press. The name on the side was HP Invent!!! Only 2 years old. They know I have no experience on it but my offset printing background and computer background is what they are looking for, then will train me! Supposed to be calling again this comming week for second interview!!:cheers:

Well, that's about it for now! Tring to stay busy and prepairing for the end of the unemployment! Hope I've sowed enough seeds now to make a living on my own if job doesn't come through. Did stop at old trucking company I worked for and they said I could run Afternoons after I run my car stuff. That may work out till I get it going better!8)

Here's my TV ad:

1.jpg

2.jpg

The LSC in on the road and she loves it. I ended up doing a left front bag/strut and an alt. along with a starter. It was fine for a few days then the p/s started growling. I ended up changing a line that rubbed a hole. It is as expected with a car that sat 3 years I need to work the bugs out.

Well, I can't let John have all the fun. Here some finds I found today. They aren't Mopars but they were still cool to me. Enjoy!!!!

mercury1.jpg

mercury2.jpg

mercury3.jpg

mustang1.jpg

mustang2.jpg

mustang3.jpg

I love that Cougar too! Here is another pictureI tried to get shots of the light blue car but couldn't. I don't even know what it is or the other car is in the photo. I found another guys house. He had tons of others but I couldn't get the shots. I have heard this guy is a hoarder and won't let anything go. My agenda next week is to put a flyer on my Volvo I see everyweek. I kind of got a thing for this Volvo. Not for sure why but it is talking to me. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

junkyard1.jpg

junkyard2.jpg

The black sedan is a '59 Ford- very cool car. Not sure what blue car you're refering to, but I see the roof of a blueish car in the weeds behind the Ford; based on the shape of the C-pillar I'd guess it's a late-'50s Mercury with the reverse-slant "Breezeway" (it rolls down) rear windshield- even more awesome.

As far as the Volvo goes, I've long had a thing for the '70s & '80s bricks- very similiar under the skin to the PV544 you posted. I think of old (pre-Ford) Volvos as "Swedish Valiants": They're simple, reliable, rugged people transporters- with a slant 4 that'll go for 200, 300, 400 thousand miles or more with minimal maintenance.

I love that Cougar too! Here is another pictureI tried to get shots of the light blue car but couldn't. I don't even know what it is or the other car is in the photo. I found another guys house. He had tons of others but I couldn't get the shots. I have heard this guy is a hoarder and won't let anything go. My agenda next week is to put a flyer on my Volvo I see everyweek. I kind of got a thing for this Volvo. Not for sure why but it is talking to me. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Looks like the car Broderick Crawford drove in the series Highway Patrol.
" 2150 to headquarters. 2150 to headquarters!!!"

My finds for the week: Karmann Ghia which I was really excited to see and two other cars one I know is a Falcon but not sure what the other one is.

karmin car.jpg

falcon.jpg

Just wanted to drop in to tell those who don't know yet that BOF (car we were riding in at the beginning of this thread) was sold to a very nice couple about 20 miles from me. They were told of FABO and I invited them to come on board so I hope we get to hear fro them and BOF again!

On the bright side, this will "fire up" the old

CAR HUNT!8)

thread again! Although BOF won't be contributing in person, she will always be here in spirit!
Also we have FOTO the car hauler to go with us now and LUMP our 74 V-8 318 car is willing to step up and help out with the thread once she is done.

Drop by and see the last family photos of BOF the day she left our stables. We finally got those family shots we've been wanting with all 5 Darts. We'll never see anything like that here again. Told ABB to look now because it's very unlikely we'll ever stumble into that many Darts at the same time. All the planets must have been aligned.:toothy10:

Here's the FABO link to the BOF goodby thread;

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1006604#post1006604

Hope FABO enjoys the family pics!:cheers:

BOF, we'll miss ya but you're going to a better place now, good bye girl. I know you'll love that new car cover your new dad bought for you. All you would get covered here with is snow. You won't see that white stuff anymore. New dad won't drive you in the mud or snow like I did!:cheers:

CAR HUNT!8)

will be getting started real soon running the highways and byways of the midwest again soon. Need to come up with 2 or 3 to restore by spring to make up for the one lost! LOL!!:cheers:

12.jpg

-
Back