22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

I agree with you on this Dart Swinger. it is obvious that it has been in the body shop at some point and there are clear signs of such. I guess that these things always seem to put a damper on things and I feel as though your offer of $5500 is a very respectable offer on this vehicle considering all the imperfections that you have pointed out in the pics. Every rose has it's thorn so to speak and this one is no exception. That lady needs to wake up from her fantasy world if she thinks she can get 10K for this car.

I agree with you on this Dart Swinger. it is obvious that it has been in the body shop at some point and there are clear signs of such. I guess that these things always seem to put a damper on things and I feel as though your offer of $5500 is a very respectable offer on this vehicle considering all the imperfections that you have pointed out in the pics. Every rose has it's thorn so to speak and this one is no exception. That lady needs to wake up from her fantasy world if she thinks she can get 10K for this car.

It's a very sad situation! Still not convinced my grandpa's Masonic ring wasn't sold by her other Aunt!!

I was also filled in on a few things from a freind who knows the score in that town!!

I don't know much, I know paint, not formal training, just how I screwed up so many times, remember, then see it on her car!!

I told her I was not going to pick the car to death which I could, the old gal doesn't deserve to be talked like that about her in front of her. (CAR not seller) If they want to put the car away and look this thread over tonight (info on FABO site printed on back of my new business cards so potentials can see my work) Then they will know all I saw through my camera and computer.

$5500.00 was only my lowball starting point in negotiations and with the propper play back and forth across the net it would have "Netted a negotiated price of $7500.00 which I was prepaired to pay, I didn't tell her that but if her son fire up the computer, she'll read it here!

OH BY THE WAY, the offer after tonights missed dinner is now at $6500.00 and not a penny more! (I'm pretty sure you're getting this, so call if you want the money, by Wed the 24th it will be at $6000.00, BETTER HURRY! You know the number)

While we were leaving I again explaine that I would be their only hope for TOP dollar paid in this area due to market and around these parts I'M THE DART MAN!! You better ask somebody!!8)

Fired BOF and BLASTED!!:cheers:

Well, that's a bummer on both counts, man. Gotta say you showed more patience than I would with the "negotiations" of the Swinger. Personally, I'd just walk away from that deal.

As far as the Arrow goes, I kind of like it- but on the other hand, it is a late '70s Japanese car.. and I don't know about anybody else's experience, but growing up in the '80s my mom owned several cars of that general description (though no Mitsus). They were cars that were bought when they were about 5 years old for $50-$100, driven for a year (max) during which they sputtered, rattled, and rusted so bad you could watch it happening, and were discarded. The '72 Swinger, '69 Signet, and '78 Volare wagon lasted forever, though..

Ok FABO!
Got another HOT one!

You guys ready for another edition of the FABO webazene...

CAR HUNT!

Chapter 6 is in the works!!

This is a no brainer and I will buy if I can find a ride there!!
I'll have to drive it home. It's about 130 miles away.
The guy who owns it is a truck driver so weird schedule.
I've got the cash. The car is ready with new tires new battery great shape.

1973 Dart was advertised for $5K for a while, 6 cyl Auto Garage kept all original, no mods, everything works. This cars has not been a daily driver!

Look at it again just now.
$2700!! Need to sell ASAP going through divorce, sell it or lose it! Too High? Come and look and give me an offer!

I called!! I'm ready to buy right now but need a ride or extra driver!

Has a small hole on pass floor pan (front windshield been leaking) Big suprise!
Vinyl Top just starting to bubble at back bottom corners (Back glass leaking too!) Big suprise!

Still want it!
But it only has 2 doors!!

Anyone here going North on I-75 from Ohio river north past Sidney OH on Mon, Wed, Fri, B4 10am
OR
Tues, Thurs after 3PM?
I need a lift!

If you're not working, give ya some cash to drive me there!

If not OK, I'll buy it this comming Saturday!:cheers:

What's the deal with the Arrow? I'm looking for a gas tank for mine... don't suppose it's in there huh? I just pulled a huge, ugly aluminum box fuel cell out of it and have no idea what the original looked like. Here's a photo for comparison to yours =)

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

What's the deal with the Arrow? I'm looking for a gas tank for mine... don't suppose it's in there huh? I just pulled a huge, ugly aluminum box fuel cell out of it and have no idea what the original looked like. Here's a photo for comparison to yours =)
WOW COOL!
Have to check the fuel tank. Talked with Yard Dawg, I'm not restoring this one so we're parting out. I'll take a look at it soon for ya!8)

OH! Welcome to FABO!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

WELCOME TO FABO!!!!!!!!!
Stick around, there's a lot of useful tips and really great people out here who will be happy to help you out with your Arrow!!!!!!

Well! There goes that sale! Gee thanks butterball! LOL!!! HAHAHAH!!

KIDDING! LOL!!!

I agree a new one or a fuel cell would be better than what's in it but.......
When it was in the barn, they put gas in it, runs great! Drove it up on trailer!!!

We got title! Anybody want to buy whole car? Looks like all trim and parts are there, tail light lenses look new just dirty. Was being restored when parked in the 80's but the engine still runs!

Bet my tank is cheaper!!!:toothy10: You can probibly get our whole car for the price of a tank! LOL!!

Whole Car with Title!.............Any offers?

Got a call into a mechanic friend of mine that works on buses.
He is checking this morning to see if I can hop a ride on one going by there at the right time. If not, I'll have to wait till Sat.

I'm tracking jobless friends like me who could use extra cash, gas, and free meal!!:cheers:

Let you guys know when I figure what's hapening with my ride.

Humm...
FABO's webazene,

CAR HUNT!

Having to hitch clandestin rides on unocupied buses. Walking couple miles in hopes of meeting a truck driver at a store N lock.
Sounds like I should rename thread to "DART DEATH WISH" or How I got rolled by an out of state and mind trucker for almost 3 grand and my rear end if ya know what I mean.......Hey! BADABING! ZINGER!!!:toothy10:
I know too early for that stuff!

Anybody going that way Teusday- Friday this week let me know, I'll meet ya in Cincinnati area to pick up that ride north! Can meet ya round Springdale, Sharonville too on the north side of 275, or Florence KY area south side of 275.

FABO webazene on shoe string, thumb out for a lift, budget! LOL!!!8)

If I was not so far away from you, I would drive you there for free.Oh yeah this is a GREAT thread!!!!!! Keep it going...

The ride don't have to be at the right time either! Just drop me at the exit 92 and I'll just get a room till the dude shows up!
Only taking money and camera, NO TOOLS!!!:cheers:
This should be fun. If it works out. I'll call the guy back today to see what lines he runs. Maybe he comes out of Indy or the Derby?!
It will be interesting to see how this one works out. Already lost out on 2 Darts earlier due to Yard Dawg being down with broke legs. I got no driver, no truck, no trailer till he heals!! The 2 darts would have cost me total $500 for 1 and $1500 for the other, both could have been driven home but had no extra driver during the week. I hope this one don't become #3 missed due to no Extra driver!!
Keep you fingers crossed!8)

Forget the ride post, have 2 plans in work.

1 of them is local U-Haul truck & car hauler.
115 miles 1 way
Fuel would be $80.00 at 8 miles per gallon round trip.
29.95 truck
$181.70 truck milage total
14.95 Ins.
54.95 Car hauler

Check my math but I beleive we are somewhere in the ballpark of
$360.00 total cost for self transport by U-haul.

Friend at bus company still working on it!

OH WOW!
I just remembered, I used to drive semi for a guy here local who has rigs going right by there all the time!

Keep ya posted!8)

Well thanks for all the welcomes! I can see myself spending way too much time here, that's for sure. Very interesting reads and awesome photos.

That eBay gas tank I've seen before. I'm looking for more of a 11-13 gallon tank from what I understand, and that's a 15. That's almost as big as the 17 gal monstrosity I just yanked out of there. Thanks for the link anyway of course. Unfortunately, that tank is for another vehicle entirely...

The biggest problem with owning an Arrow, is that the Arrow pickup exists. The worst thing about owning a *79* Arrow is that's the year they started making a crap-load of those pickups! It's almost impossible to find information about the *car* for that year, and all those car parts websites can't tell you whether the parts are for the truck or the car, and trust me - there's a HUUUUGe difference. Since they stopped production of the Arrow after 79, that tank is almost certainly for the pickup, which continued production for years.

SOOOO, 64dart170, wanna get rid of that tank? I'll actually be asking my housemate (a fellow ArrowHead - yeah I just made that up!) if he want's to think about buying the whole shebang off of you. He's really taken on my Arrow as a labor of love, and if business goes well this month, hell, I might even try to pick it up myself as a birthday/thank you present for him.

Well thanks for all the welcomes! I can see myself spending way too much time here, that's for sure. Very interesting reads and awesome photos.

That eBay gas tank I've seen before. I'm looking for more of a 11-13 gallon tank from what I understand, and that's a 15. That's almost as big as the 17 gal monstrosity I just yanked out of there. Thanks for the link anyway of course. Unfortunately, that tank is for another vehicle entirely...

The biggest problem with owning an Arrow, is that the Arrow pickup exists. The worst thing about owning a *79* Arrow is that's the year they started making a crap-load of those pickups! It's almost impossible to find information about the *car* for that year, and all those car parts websites can't tell you whether the parts are for the truck or the car, and trust me - there's a HUUUUGe difference. Since they stopped production of the Arrow after 79, that tank is almost certainly for the pickup, which continued production for years.

SOOOO, 64dart170, wanna get rid of that tank? I'll actually be asking my housemate (a fellow ArrowHead - yeah I just made that up!) if he want's to think about buying the whole shebang off of you. He's really taken on my Arrow as a labor of love, and if business goes well this month, hell, I might even try to pick it up myself as a birthday/thank you present for him.

Talked with Yard Dawg, he's on hold at the moment but thinking about it. Here's why; He had someone offer him another one!! He wants to see that new one first, then decide what to do cause he'll have titles for both!!! ONE of them will be parted no matter which one, they both have tanks! Give me till the week end ok? You keep making room in your driveway till then!:-D

Have organized plan A & B drivers and ABB is plan C!

Will be there no later than 7:15PM on Tuesday 3.23.10!!:cheers:

You guys (FABO) want to go too? If not I can just get pics from my driveway when we get back but, you may want to go with us.

The guy goin' with us has been wanting a Dart and used to own one. Bus mechanic friend, Bet he ends up with it after I detail and repaint!!!
We used to drive semi trucks at the same co. We know all the good places to eat dinner on the way home!! Plus I won't get rolled with him there too!!

See yo in chapter 6 of

CAR HUNT!
Ohh we have color fonts again! Thanks Joey!!!:cheers:
No more shoe sting for this webazene of FABO!!

Just signing on to subscribe to this great thread, looking forward to reading more as it happens.

We skip Chapter 7 (just went through that in June)

OK FABO! Chapter 6 of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

is happening for sure tomorrow night!!!

Don't worry, you, Fathead (bus mech friend, him & neighbor call each other that when greeting and departing each others company, glad they don't include me in on that!) and I are still leaving town no later than 5PM EST! Will put us there at approx 6:45PM or earlier!
ABB will take me to where Fathead works, jump in his RAM and skeedaddle!!
Talked with owner and is meeting us with noterized title (good thing I'm savey to OH title Laws or I would have been heading into a cluster but saw that comming and headed it off) He said it's under lights at that time so I can see and test drive! It will still be daylight at that time.
Yeah Right! I'm putting 20 $100 bills in his hands wrapped in 2 packs of ten with bank bands and telling him to think on that offer while I load my breifcase and camera into my new car! The "test drive" is going to be 114.4 miles & 2 hours long back to my driveway yo!! LOL!!!
1 Stop on way home though for truckers dinner somewhere!!:cheers:

So here I am again, trying to sleep but have that fired up feeling like before leaving on vacation!

Constantly searching the US for the next Dart for,

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

and the next Dart who wants to come live with us for a spell while I strip their windshield out and reseal them,etc..

Anyway CHAPTER 8 Looming!!!on the horizon Too!:clock:

Yes while not beeing able to sleep tonight I entered into discussions on a 64 Dart GT 6 cyl Auto! She's a beauty!! Her name is going to be "SIS" if I get her!! She's going to be "Baby's" sister! SIS!!:-D
We won't be able to see her unless I send another member to look at her, she is orig black plate in Cali!:cheers:

We will also be taking a

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

field trip this weekend and retry that trip through the back rolling hills of Northern KY cross the DAM.
Stop and see the DAM locks, then walk back down to the DAM parking lot,
then we leave and cross the DAM over the DAMED river! LOL!!! (Las Vegas Vacation)
Come back the IN cow paths along the Ohio river & Laughrey creek valleys, sure to see cars and who really knows what the heck I'll run into??!!:toothy10:

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE,
LATER WHEN YOUR HAIR GETS STRAIGHTER!8)

Got a call into a mechanic friend of mine that works on buses.
He is checking this morning to see if I can hop a ride on one going by there at the right time. If not, I'll have to wait till Sat.

I'm tracking jobless friends like me who could use extra cash, gas, and free meal!!:cheers:

Let you guys know when I figure what's hapening with my ride.

Humm...
FABO's webazene,

CAR HUNT!

Having to hitch clandestin rides on unocupied buses. Walking couple miles in hopes of meeting a truck driver at a store N lock.
Sounds like I should rename thread to "DART DEATH WISH" or How I got rolled by an out of state and mind trucker for almost 3 grand and my rear end if ya know what I mean.......Hey! BADABING! ZINGER!!!:toothy10:
I know too early for that stuff!

Anybody going that way Teusday- Friday this week let me know, I'll meet ya in Cincinnati area to pick up that ride north! Can meet ya round Springdale, Sharonville too on the north side of 275, or Florence KY area south side of 275.

FABO webazene on shoe string, thumb out for a lift, budget! LOL!!!8)

NOTICE CHAPTER 6 CAR

I just pulled the plug.:angry7:

Talked with him again this morning and told him we were leaving at 5PM with cash in hand, be there between 6:30 & 7PM.
He said he had a guy showing up at 3pm now so call him back at 3:30!!
The more I thouight about it the more my "ANGER MGT." kicked in so I called him back and told him if he wants to sell at 3PM to the othere guy after the time and effort I have invested than go ahead and sell it I won't be comming up so deal like you stole it, I wont be there at 7 now! Call me SAT. if ya still got it, but I won't be bringing 27 with me this time, have a nice life and good luck with his sale.:thebirdm:
Besides I didn't want to leave Fathead hanging waiting all day to see if we were leaving. I don't do that to what few friends I have!!!

Chapter 8 car moving to #6 now and field trip Sat still on.

Sorry guys, time for lunch and back to FERN's Body work today. I'll be on the restore thread if ya need me!8)

-
Back