CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
On to the next! Heading to the Auto Auction in West Harrison IN!:read2:

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the last pic of this post, the front end of the packard....
........Is it smilling at me?:-D

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Noel!

No doubt! PM me when your comming up. I live out between the 2 gambling boats. I'm sure your inlaws know where it is!!
NO not saying they have a gambling problem, just everyone in a 5 state area knows where they are!! LOL!!!

Cold one we'll have to do at my place, more comfortable and cheaper too!!:-D

I have been to the Argosy a couple times. Mary's cousin lives out that way also. Her brother lives in Camp Dennison.
I will defitinaly let you know. :clock:

I have been to the Argosy a couple times. Mary's cousin lives out that way also. Her brother lives in Camp Dennison.
I will defitinaly let you know. :clock:

Cool Man!!
Keep watching, we'll be passing there in a min!!8)

Hre's chapt 10, trying to get caught up on posts so not much editorial! Got more to look at today too!!

ABB, ME, 69, FABO present!
Made ABB go sense she went shopping yesterday. I think she's hung over from shooping, she don't drink!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

The truck we are looking at is 2 hours away, and of course it's a piece of crap.

All I ask is when I ask a direct question I want an honest answer!!

Start out every new deal conversation on phone with 3 questions:
1: Why are you selling?
2: What's wrong with it?
3: What does it need to make it tip top?

Never get honest answers or we would not have went on this trip.
We did find a huge junk yard very old on 2 ridges and the red barn a mile up on Hwy is where he sells stuff from the Mountain top Yard!!8)

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

End of chapt. 10.

We are going to go into chapter 11 right away. After we got home, I found a pick up to look at!8)

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

I wanted to beat this lying S.O.Shite half senseless for waisting mine and Dirty White Boys time!

When I ask is there anything wrong on the phone and I'm told nothings wrong excellent condition ready to drive, all original, paint too 51K miles, THAT'S WHAT I FREEKIN EXPECT YOU FREKIN BUMKIN!

Unfortunately this guy has bubba working on his crap too! Don't judge a book by it's cover!!! This is classic example!!!

Well it's just running a little rough at the lights. It's getting worse.

really?

Already replaced Idle adjustment sensor and computer so I know it's not that.

Is the paint original? Yeah all original. (DWB is now finding vac lines unplugged and blocked off, Replace radiator from an automatic truck)

That right? Then why is there white over spray on the pass headlight bezel?

Oh well I did paint the white on this fender.

I asked if it was original on the phone and a second ago and you said yes original both times. Look at the bottom of pillar, there's gray primer not painted when you had the fenders off!

I didn't do that!

Well it still aint original!!!
Walked to drivers side... And look at this slide in camper plug here on bed lip behind drivers door, It has white overspray too! Did you paint this side also?

Yeah I said I painted the white all round.

No You said;
1: It was original on phone and a second ago.
2: You only painted white on pass fender.
3: Now you painted white all the way around.
What one is it?

All the way around!!!

Do the windows work?

No, long story follows...

You told me on phone everything working. What about both the fuel tanks.

No I just replaced the 1 pump, the other still needs replacing, that's probibly why it's running rough, I might have gotten the wrong pump (Probibly from junk yard too).

You told me everything worked, no problems, the gas guage doesn't even work!!

Well there aren't any problems.

Not for you if I give you my money!!!

Ok let's go for drive.....

We come back set on offering 1500

Well howd it do?

Not too good. We're dealing with unknown under hood. I'm thinking from $100 for 2 more sensors min and $450 for computer on the high side + whatever else it will need like the exhaust manifold on pass side is cracked and the whole rusty rest of exhaust is hardly there. manifolds back, $400.00. See where I'm driving? I'm going in for 1000 or more repairs right away so I'll split that with you and offer you 15 for it.

I got more than that in it!
I bouight it for 1750 for the camper in it. It undid somehow and blew out up on 74 sliding on roof across median and uposing traffic into ditch, no one hurt,. We went back and loaded on trailer brought it home rebuilt it but it aint the same.

REALLY???

Yeah, we still use it but I got a different truck when the new computer didn't fix this one.

OK, Did you buy a NEW computer or did you and BuBBA get it from the same automatic from the junk yard that you scabbed the radiator from? Oh by the way It's leaking too!

Yeah we got the computer from that automatic truck. Why?

Well, Ya screwed up and screwed us outa our time. First of all, NEVER get a computer from junkyard, 9 times out of 10 that's why it's there anyway.
Second of all why not go to parts store and get the RIGHT one for a standard shift with the matching engine? Too much money? Like 4 or 5 hundred worth?
I'm still offering 15 hundred, and we'll leave and fix everything and you won't get any lemon laws calls from other people!!

Naw, well keep it fix it and get the 2500 I wanted.

Lets go DWB, this jerkoff just waisted our evening!
If ya change what little mind ya got don't be too pround to call me back, I still got your $1500 cash for ya. Besides you paid 1750, used over a year, kept the camper, and caucasion engineered the engine so bad you've probly damaging it!!
Why are you trying to make me pay for your 1 year usage, new paint, and your camper and make $250.00 profit too??
Who you think your dealing with here bumkins? Trucks don't appreciate untill they are older or in better "minty" condition.
Wake up dude! Give me a call if ya want the money and keep Bubba away from working your stuff, hire a real mechanic!! You guys are like Mutt & Jeff out here!
HEY BUBBA, WATCH THIS!
OK, Jeffey Bobbie!!

Thanks mouth breather!!:thebirdm:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

End of 11 THANK YOU!!!

Will be going up for chapter 12 of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

Monday morning to look at cool car carrier! We've expanded or budget to 4K total running and working out of the shoot!
Nomatter what type of rig we get.
Also got a call in for a great Ford F350 6.9 diesel 1 ton Dump with snow plow included! 138K miles, EVERTHING ON TRUCK WORKS

Well let me and FABO be the judge of that BS!! LOL!!
This thing would pull a car trailer, hauls 4-5 yards mulch, up to 4.5 tons gravel or material, and could plow snow next winter!

We both agreed that we could spend up to 5K as long as what ever we get makes money without selling it! We need the income and me and the boy used to have a f700 67 dump for a couple of summers and made $ every weekend!!

Well 1 more to end #11 and then we'll be off for chapt 12 car hauler today. I'll try to get test drive to let Yard Dawg see it out his window!:cheers:

Tune in next time to this same thread channel for the next chapter of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

The ongoing saga of an innocent hoosier, a posessed 67 named BOF, FABO, and whoever else we can drag into it with us untill we get our new tow RIG!8)

11.jpg

Well, here we go again!!

Off with BOF, FABO, and me!

Run to town for some V-Power & took some pics for ya of our town while BOF is drinking up. Hope the pump don't explode from the camera LOL!! I'm not done with Fern yet!!

Head back up ta BIG hill!

Going to look at Ford car hauler. Still got CDLA so whatever we get has to be it for a bit!

Enough of the bore, pics are worth a thousand words so here we go on another issue of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

Ready?..............Set?...............FIRE BOF!!!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

End of Chapter 12.

For the chapter 13, we'll be doing a drive by on a Ford F-700 Dump DOT certified and just had $1500 in repairs!

Aftyer that we are not looking till Thursday. I have a gentlemans agreement that this kind sir will be holding a really cool pick up for me!
It's a 91 Dodge D150 2wd 58K miles, just restored! I can't wait. Karma is telling me to not look untill his truck sense he's not selling it till I get there! It feels like Christmas! This is what it's about! I hope it's as good as it looks! 318 auto, straight dual exhaust! WOW! It's supposed to sound Grrreat!!!

I won't be able to sleep till 2 PM on Thursday!!:clock:

Well so ends another day in the life of ole Hossier Boy.......
.......Winding the highways and byways like a snake oil salesman!

Tune in the same thread channel in the morning to look at that DOT approved Dumper on

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

You know, if that flatbed's interior was maroon, you could've been pointing out the flaws in my F150.. though my floor isn't that bad, and I think the leak is in the firewall somewhere. I just tell my passengers to be aware whenever it's raining. :-D

I like the Uncle Jesse-vintage stepside, too.. what was the price on that?

Fingers crossed for the '91 Dodge.

• Packard? Yes, Studebaker and Packard merged in 1954, I believe. Looking forward to more Car Hunt!

Thanks man! Don't really know how I knew that! I'm not really a car expert.

Hope you enjoy! It's strickly for entertainment purposes only.:-D

I think it's from ABB & me wanting a Golden Hawk or Avanti or a PU.
We love em!

You know, if that flatbed's interior was maroon, you could've been pointing out the flaws in my F150.. though my floor isn't that bad, and I think the leak is in the firewall somewhere. I just tell my passengers to be aware whenever it's raining. :-D

I like the Uncle Jesse-vintage stepside, too.. what was the price on that?

Fingers crossed for the '91 Dodge.

Sorry to hear that. Every Dart we get has to have both front and back glass R/R for reseal!!

No price on the black stepside, just phone number. Sides it's not what we need to bring home more Darts!8)

Thanks man! Don't really know how I knew that! I'm not really a car expert.

Hope you enjoy! It's strickly for entertainment purposes only.:-D

I think it's from ABB & me wanting a Golden Hawk or Avanti or a PU.
We love em!
Here's one of a Packard I took on 4-21-75, 35 years ago!

100_6240.jpg

While we're on the subject of road trips, here's a billboard I saw on 1-12-73, 37 years ago.

100_6246.jpg

-
Back