CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
I figure it like this if the guy a that's going to be there at 3PM doesn't buy it at 2700 at 3 PM then why would I want it?!!

He called here at 3:36 PM and left a message and again around 6 pm, I didn't even answer the phone. He should have told the other guy to wait till after 7PM!! I'm over it now!! I might call him in the morning or SAT like I said just to see if he sold or why is he calling?
If I go up there now it's automatically $2000.00 not a penny more from me.
I'm sick of these people with overinflated pricing. Don't think I'll buy now till after the tax rush is over too much for sale and most of it over priced junk. Most of it should clear market or lowere prices in 4 to 8 weeks from now!

Still on hold for Cali car!8)

OK, the guy made the cali car a buy it now on ebay from make offer. With the price plus $900 shipping priced it out of my reach!

All chapters/cars have been canx by me and no purchases pending. Sorry.

Good news?

The

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

feild trip planned for this comming SAT is still on!!
No appointments , just Free Stylin' American Pickers Style!
Back roads and looking behind barns and in fields.

You guys still going right?

Forgot to tell you the guy with the car I was buying last night called again later and left another message.
I looked at CL this morning and his ad was gone. I assume he sold and was just telling me to let me know. Not sure, never called him back!

Have a good one today guys!!:cheers:

You know I will be on the car hunt!!! I hate it when people you talk to short cut you... I called a guy last night about a notchback I'm interested in, he sounded very excited on the phone then never sent any pics like he said he would. hopefully its because his comp crashed or something. I get kind of offended when its just because they dont care what the potential buyer thinks.... My 2 cents. I am patiently waiting for the email 15 hours later :D I might call him one more time before I really say to hell w/ it...

You know I will be on the car hunt!!! I hate it when people you talk to short cut you... I called a guy last night about a notchback I'm interested in, he sounded very excited on the phone then never sent any pics like he said he would. hopefully its because his comp crashed or something. I get kind of offended when its just because they dont care what the potential buyer thinks.... My 2 cents. I am patiently waiting for the email 15 hours later :D I might call him one more time before I really say to hell w/ it...

Know what ya mean.

Hey FABO I just called the guy with the 73 in Sidney OH I was trying to get a ride for.

I just got off the phone with the guy...
.........As with the rest of my life there is always a story involved so I guess I will share with FABO! and

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

The story goes (Warning Hearsay!!);

The guy showed up at 3pm sharp. Nit picked it for 45 min!
was going to get it but was on way to look at a chebby race car that was to be traded for one of the guys Harleys. So he left.

About 6PM, 1 hour before I could have possibly made it there a 15 year old boy showed with parents in tow. Love at first site his first car!!!
Wanted buy right then. Parents making up excuses.
Phone rings, someone else wanting to buy sight unseen. My guy ask the parents if they are going to buy or not there's somebody on the phone going to buy
Son sent parents to ATM, for down, rest today!
I bet that kid has not slept sense then!!! Good thing he's on spring break!!!:cheers:

CAn you imagine...... sometime in that kids life 37 years from now..........
......WOW those were good times! I remember on spring break 2010 when I was 15 years old, me and my parents found a minty 73 DART 2 door! I fell in love with it at first sight!! I had to convince my parents into letting me get it! I didn't sleep a wink till the next day when Dad drove me and my new car home for me. Yeah that thing was 37 years old when I bought it. I can't beleive I still have it and it's still running after 37 more years! Who would have ever thought that Dart slanty 6 would have made it still running in 2047!! Yeah, man those were good times BACK IN THE DAY OF 2010!!!:clock:

Yes FABO life is trully stranger than fiction. You can't make this shiznit up! You got ta live it man!!!:happy10:

Be on the lookout for 1 computer savey 15 year old showing up in Welcome Wagon some time soon, I'm sure! I will take a pic of CL Ad I printed out and post here for him to marvel at when he finally show up on FABO ans sees his car on

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

Imagine his thrill when he is finally warmly welcomed here!:cheers:

I am really glad I did not go and get the car. I would have really wanted to work out this way instead!!!

Yes folks, Karma is still working for me!
ABB and I are still paitently waiting for our next buy on

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

1.jpg

This thread just keeps getting better :D

You got that right.:cheers:

John, you are truely an asset to FABO! Keep up the good work. Next time I am at my brother in laws house in Cincinnasti we need to hook up. I don't think your to far from there. I would love to talk shop and share a few cool ones.
Noel

Wow, lucky kid! My first 3 cars were Volvo 240s! My older brother was way luckier and got a blue 67 Plymouth Belvedere as his first car. He totaled it after maybe 2 years, but it wasn't his fault - It was mine! I was showing him my new National Honors Society card I had gotten at school that day. Someone slammed on the brakes in front of us and we kissed it goodbye. Never could stop that tank very quickly, that's for sure.

John, let me know (private message or whatever) what you figure out about that Arrow tank when you get a chance. Thanks again for this thread and you help in that arena! Keep up the great work!

You got that right.:cheers:

John, you are truely an asset to FABO! Keep up the good work. Next time I am at my brother in laws house in Cincinnasti we need to hook up. I don't think your to far from there. I would love to talk shop and share a few cool ones.
Noel

Thanks for the kind words Noel!

No doubt! PM me when your comming up. I live out between the 2 gambling boats. I'm sure your inlaws know where it is!!
NO not saying they have a gambling problem, just everyone in a 5 state area knows where they are!! LOL!!!

Cold one we'll have to do at my place, more comfortable and cheaper too!!:-D

Wow, lucky kid! My first 3 cars were Volvo 240s! My older brother was way luckier and got a blue 67 Plymouth Belvedere as his first car. He totaled it after maybe 2 years, but it wasn't his fault - It was mine! I was showing him my new National Honors Society card I had gotten at school that day. Someone slammed on the brakes in front of us and we kissed it goodbye. Never could stop that tank very quickly, that's for sure.

John, let me know (private message or whatever) what you figure out about that Arrow tank when you get a chance. Thanks again for this thread and you help in that arena! Keep up the great work!

I keep trying to go up there. I need pics of the fury mirror!

He has not mentioned the second arrow yet. I might be going to South Bend tomarrow for a car so I don't know, but will try to see him by Sunday! I'll let ya know!

Hey FABO!!

Well it seems that I gave up on cars and started looking into trucks with car trailers. (so I can buy cars without all the crap finding a ride for cars I can drive home!) Found a F-350 crew cab 94 long bed with a trailer for 3000.00.

But I have been seeing this Hang Ten Dart on here and FEEBay for a while and called about it and it seems to be shaping up for chapter 8 of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

I really like the Hang Ten Darts but am afraid it might only be due to me being the only person in my town in IN to currently own 2 surfboards and only get to use them every other year. Only been surfing for vacations for the past 12 years. LOVE IT! LIVE IT! I'm a fat middle aged landlocked surfing freak!! We even went up and surfed Indiana Dunes on Lake Michigan in our home state! That's right I surffed the North Shore...........
.......OF INDIANA! LOL!!:toothy10:
So I'm kinda fearful that I may only like it for the orange shag carpet, seats with stripes, console Auto shift, the surf stripes the owner has but has not applied yet!:cheers:
Good thing, it needs quarter panels and rockers. See in cars for sale thread and search Hang Ten, someone posted thread there about it!

I talked with the owner last night. I am very interested at $4100.00. I'm not sure but I think it's a good deal even with the body work needed. I totally love the car and that's the problem!! I haven't even seen it yet and it's already shaping up like the last one!!

I'm calling around looking for a dang ride so I can drive it home and save the $400.00 on shipping!

I have to be there by tomorrow night due to some teenage boy already looked last weekend. His family was out looking at it without him the other night, and they all are meeting there SAT. morning to purchase.
If I want it, I have to be there before Sat morning! I already asked 10PM friday OK.

So I got a call into Fathead but he hasn't calle back yet. I have to take ABB to cat scan or something tomorrow morning, bring her back home & dump her into bed. Then track down Fathead and boogie to South Bend IN to look at the HANG TEN 75 Dart Sport.
Here's the question;

Do you guys think it's worth the drive up with all the body work it needs for 4100.00? I'll be driving it home 5+ hours!!

I really liked loosing the last car to the 15 year old because it was supposed to be, but, I can't see a teenage boy with a Hang Ten, doing whatever to it, Painting it something other color than eggshell white with surfer motif stripes!! You know Flat Black, Purple Mo Hair Headliner, 25 inch rims, air bags,
I'm just getting an ickey feeling just thinking about it!!!
That car should be at the nats with me and ABB!

I want a Hang Ten and I want it NOW!!!!:-D

Well if I can't get a ride this time, this will be the end of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

for a while. It will turn into TRUCK HUNT!
I'm getting sick of loosing cars due to no truck & trailer/dolly!!

Tune in next time to this same thread channel to see if it's become Truck hunt! or for the continuation of chapter 8 of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

For the Hang Ten Dart! Besides I deserve it you are what you drive and the name "Hang Ten" describes me perfectly! LOL!!8)

NOT because of that!! It's because I ride Long Boards!!! Jezz You guys!:toothy10:

That Bites!

Chapter 8 of......

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

Title signed in 09 so $21.00 late fee from INdiana and $5.00 for out of state inspection, more for title transfer, sales tax, and the tickets I will get on the way home with OPEN headers with resenater cans? welded on the collectors with a smaller hole in the back?? WTF????
Kinda loud when ya get on it??? I guess!!!
Now wants an extra $100.00 for the stripes due to someone in CAN offered $600.00 for the stripes!!

I said I asked you last night about the after market stripes that are on the car now and you said you had a new set for the car!! Besides the guy in wherever CAN is not handing you $4100.00 with the $600.00 for the stripes, he's only buying stripes not your car!! I want the stripes, it was the very first thing I asked about because I knew it needed restored, rust bucket that it is, and would need total paint and the frekin stripes, otherwise I'm only paying for a DART Sport!

Well with the stripes it's $4200.00!

Ok, I'm kinda slow, so sometimes I have to verbalize thoughts to analize the situation, so.....
You would kill the sale of your rust bucket for $4100.00 over $100.00 for your stripes?? Right?? And you say you don't like the Abodies bucause your a big guy and need the bigger Bbodies??
Your used to high dollar and you want to kill the sale of an A body you don't even want, bought for your daughter in HI, but she already got chrysler mini van for more boards and friends. With collecter cans for mufflers??? Title from another state not in your name yet, and you want 100 more for the stickers? If ther car is worth the 42, I'll give but the stickers go with.

But It should really be $46 because I paid 500 for them and the guy in CAN will give $600 for them.

Well tell him to bring the 46 down and get his stickers and take the rust bucket with them and drop it off at the scrap yard! WTF is wrong with people???

What do you mean 46 you just told me a minute ago that it was $42 with the stickers, You can shove the $46!!!

Well I did tell you 42 so I guess I'll stick with that....

Fathead still hasn't called to take me up there yet......

Not sure I even want to go look now......Jerk!:angry7:

No, I've just decided, Plug Pulled, NOT GOING!!

KEEP YOUR DANG 10!!!!:thebirdm:

Dang 10? more like DEADLIEST CATCH!!!! Lets go over the cons:

1: No truck = ride from someone or 400 shipping
2: Needs rockers replaced even though he said just coupl inches (more like 18")
3: Needs whole quarters both sides replaced and trunk pan
4: Open Headers with collector cans with little hole in back??? WTF????:angry7:
*5: Sketchy Title story, state it's from sent with wrong Vin#'s then had to do a rub of vin TAG and Fender Tag and sent back to get title. Then sent it back to p.owner to get signed and dated, then sent back to current owner in AUG 09 who has never had the nuts to retitle in Indiana yet...

YEAH RIiiiiiiiiiiiiIGHT!!!:angry7:

Stick a frekin fork in me on this one, I'm toast!!!:cheers:

Strarting to really look at that truck now, Hey ABB, comere & look at this F-350 with the car trailer!!!!!........8)

Chapter 8, DANG 10 CANX!! By me, not going!

Tune in next time for at least our field trip car pickin FREE STYLE! This SAT> on the next installment of.....

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

See ya8)

That bites.... Hang in there dude i kinda told that guy with the notchback he was insane in an email earlier.... It was a total rust bomb. I dont know how it got soooo bad but the thing pretty much needed a whole roof driver quarter and drip rail section on the passenger side.. Who knows what the trunk pan looked like I didnt even ask. He is saying he wants 3600 bux. I said there is a guy selling a parts (notched cuda) car in ten times better shape on here for 600 i think... Short term memory..

The '92-'96 F-series is a great truck.. :-D Even my 260k six-cylinder is a torquemonster. Which plant does your potential carhauler have?
image.php

The '92-'96 F-series is a great truck.. :-D Even my 260k six-cylinder is a torquemonster. Which plant does your potential carhauler have?

The one I was thinking about has a 460 gas in it. I've had a 460 in a class c camper before and liked the power but not the milage!
It's reall too much truck for what I need though, crew cab dually.
I'm thinking F250 for the braking power and most of them have tow packages already.

Called about a really nice F150 listed monday but was already gone. I guess it was totally cool and at 2500 94, V-8 it was a great bargin!

Oh well, I've got a real good feeling about Saturdays field trip with FABO, ABB, BOF and

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:read2:

Looking foward to it!!!:cheers: Are you guys going too?

We'll be right here following this great story every step of the way. Have fun!

Haven't forgot about you FABO!

Took ABB to doctor Friday and did a short version of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

I did get some pics not many but have not had time to prep and post. ABB and I parted company on Sat. She had to go buy new clothes for her new job she starts on Monday.

Don't worry, FABO, BOF and I went on

CAR HUNT!

Without ABB and I got over a hundred pics between both trips. Even found a 1950 packard for ya not mopar but still cool and a member of the studebaker family, no?

Went to look at a E150 conversion van. Got pics of bunch others and circled around to a car auction. Only about a dozen cars there so I left and came home.

Sunday! We are now leaving for a 4 hour round trip to look at a cool F150. If we buy it we'll come straight home. If we don't I have 2 or 3 others we can call about while were out. Weather is going to be stormy and small hail possible. But sense I've missed out on soo many A bodies due to no truck and trailer and no extra drivers, were going out today come hell or high water! ABB has already tried several tacts to try to talk me out of going today but we ARE going! I'm not waiting for A body purchasing freedom!!!

Hit yas when we get back later! Off to Huddle House!!:cheers:

We'll just call Friday's jaunt to the doctor as chapter 8 but didn't see much. Was taking ABB to doctor. Didn't get many pics, not much to see the way we went but here is Fridays pics!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

Man am I late on this thread, just found it today, wish I would have known I would have set up a time where we could have met each other when you came to Hamilton, that's where I am and "Two Scoop's" my 73Dart Swinger. Now if I can get this to work I'll show you what the 318 that's going into Two Scoop's used to be in. This was my Brother in-law's Arrow this is what you could do with the 79 you found.

arrow001.jpg

arrow002.jpg

arrow004.jpg

arrow006.jpg

Man am I late on this thread, just found it today, wish I would have known I would have set up a time where we could have met each other when you came to Hamilton, that's where I am and "Two Scoop's" my 73Dart Swinger. Now if I can get this to work I'll show you what the 318 that's going into Two Scoop's used to be in. This was my Brother in-law's Arrow this is what you could do with the 79 you found.

WOW!
Cool Man!
Oh! And WELCOME TO FABO!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

WOW! It's Sat!
What a great day for a FABO field trip with

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE

Sat was really nice and felt alot like the first trip we took together.
I've got 75 pics for ya. Not a long story on copy to read because I got another 50 or so from Sunday and chapter 10!! I'm really busy chasing my a$$ looking for a good tow vehicle. So guess what?
I'm taking FABO with me! ABB bailed due to shopping for new duds for new job Mon. so it's just FABO, BOF and me for the field trip!
This thread will take a weird twist right now. Before we buy anymore A Bodies, we got to get a tow vehicle and dolly or truck, whatever, were are really beating the bushes right now because this might be FABO's new car transporter for the midwest!! (yes I'll haul for you too! Got to get the truck first and the big Insurance policy to protect your guys love ones!! LOL!!)
We will be looking at all kinds and whatever we get, then we'll decide tow dolly or 2-3 car trailer!
I have a commercial CDL A license and we are even looking at singal axel tractors with air brakes so I can start hauling campers out of Elkhardt IN!

Got to figure something out both for towing my cars I buy from now on and make a little cash for groceries too. This could also leed us to, Dump trucks, BIG semi car hauling equipment all the way down to pick up with dolly, just depends where we find the DEALS!!!!:read2:
Chapter 11, We're going to look at a ford car hauler, wait till I post this tonight! Might own it by 2PM!! Who knows?
One thing for sure though, Before we had a $3K budget for truck, tow dolly and repairs combo to be up and running 5 states or more. Very difficult to find mechanically sound truck at that total price for whole rig. So now we're having to push to $4k due to quality & safety. (I'll just sell a Dart to make up!)

Well getting ahead of ourselves.......
Here's the pics of a great day Sat. with me, BOF and FABO on

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Packard? Yes, Studebaker and Packard merged in 1954, I believe. Looking forward to more Car Hunt!

-
Back