14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Ditto!8)

Really, WHAT THE HECK IS THE PIPE FITTING ON THE AIR CLEANER FOR??!
That sucks, REALLY! (drilled hole too)

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Well, there ya have it!
No more no less.
Where ever you go, there ya are.

Will 64dart170 ever make another "Baby" find?

Will BOF EVER let some one pass HER?

Should BOF and I take FABO with us again on a nicer day?

Heck if I know, You guys tell me!!

The answers to those and many more un asked questions could be lurking in the fog of the next..........
CAR HUNT!8)

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

It sounds like it was a great day for crusin the yards 64dart170. :cheers:Thanks for keeping us with you on your journeys.

It sounds like it was a great day for crusin the yards 64dart170. :cheers:Thanks for keeping us with you on your journeys.

Hey homecloned!
That's exactly what we'll do!
That will be more fun. Next car we make appointment for, I'll research more before leaving and throw a junk yard visit in too!! But I kind of worry about fallout from junk yard shots! LOL!!
Sides they don't take kindly ta pickerin takin gizmos at most scrap yards, if ya know what I mean! BadaBing!:-D

When I was shooting the 4 door Valiant, even though BOF is well known at that yard, (better known than me!), work stopped, people disappeared, running truck in front of BOF, with the door open. No one around and too quiet.
The only thing I kept hearing was the huge sheppard at the care takers house wanting to eat my babies! I mean, it's my home yard and I could swear I was in someones crosshairs out there!!
Can you say HeeBeeGeeBees?

I shot few pics and hurried back to BOF. When I got in 2 guys appeared at the truck got in fast and turned around comming towards us! Always back in so BOF fired, I moved to the black top turning right, they were almost on us till that mean hussey gassed it! By the time my neck snapped back up to look in rear view we were hitting the hard right fork with no chebby in sight behind us. She floored it out onto the main drag state hwy, and with alot of grumbling and crackeling....
Man we were gone!!!!
Today blew though! Better day tomarrow!!!8)

Take it easy homecloned!:cheers:

that rust makes me realize just how spoiled I am here in Southern California.

Well that's a bummer, man.. as a New Englander, it's remarkable whenever I see a Swept truck, and I'm certainly no stranger to rust, bondo sculpting, streetsign floorboards, and worse- but for the price, I'd certainly expect more. When a vehicle has surface rust inside, that's a problem.

hey 64dart170 i know a guy that has around 500 old mopars about 2 hours from you :cheers:a b c bodies out in the indiana countryside ill be going up there around the first of april ill post pics when i get up there chuck

:violent2:

hey 64dart170 i know a guy that has around 500 old mopars about 2 hours from you :cheers:a b c bodies out in the indiana countryside ill be going up there around the first of april ill post pics when i get up there chuck

:violent2:

Well don't beat around the bush Chuck. Tell me when and where, I'll meet ya there! If ya don't want to go, PM me the location and I'll take BOF and FABO there with me!!! LOL!:cheers:

Let me know, I would really like to go! Anymore it seams this is all I live for!!:-D

I'll tell you what, I'll show you our junk yards if you take me to yours!!
Hey that's fair right?8)

I'm taking ABB to Florence KY today to look for a desk for her office. It's 30 miles direct route on the highway. She doesn't know it yet but, she's going to be in the next chapter of........
CAR HUNT!8)
Either when we go over or comming back we will be taking a MAJOR detour through the rolling hills and Ohio river valley of northern Kentucky and SW Indiana!
I think when we are done in Florence KY we will head south on 42 skirting the river. When we get to Ghent KY we will cross into IN via Markland Dam, and no we wont go on the DAM tour but will stop to get a couple of shots of the DAM locks from on top of the DAM DAM! LOL!!! ok done with DAM, DAM!:toothy10:
We might go onto Carrolton KY then cross river into MAdison and work our way back through the sticks to come back home.Once we cross into Vevay or Madison IN we will follow the river on 156 as far as to Patriot IN. then will work our way back through all the back roads and cow paths. There's even a couple of roads that have "Dry Fords" to cross over. Don't know why they call them dry. Most of the time you have to worry how deep the water is or you'll be swept away! I don't think the state has been maintaining of late. Now people go there with quads and 4x4, drive into creek and go up or down a ways & park. Then swim of fish! I like to pan gold there but don't tell nobody! I'll get a cople of pics. Anyway seems like on the way home we are bound to find some cool junk!

Do you guys want to go with us this morning? Of so let me know! If not, we'll just save the gas and go straight over and back!

I'll let ABB drive so I can get good quality shots of all the weird "Americana" we see! Beleive me, on the back woods cow paths I've got planned we could see anything! Some of these roads won't even be paved!!!8)

Forgot to tell you, we might go through Rabbit Hash KY! Just a general store and the towns mayor is a dog that was voted into office!!:happy10:

ABB and I were talking about maybe me doing a weekly ongoing road trip junk expeditions "FABOZENE" same as what we are doing now but we have been thinking about mounting cameras in back of BOF looking foward. We have a remote for the camera and FABO would get better quality shots plus I could concentrait on driving and finding cars!:toothy10:
I've even suggested digital video recorder too for video postings with the regular pics too! Like when cool stuff happens like I get run off the property with dogs and shotguns! LOL!!:-D

Any interest out there in FABO land? Or just another stupid waste of my time?
You guys decide! It's up to you. Let us know!8)

That would be cool!!!!!! You could add some audio of the roar of the engine to really add the "feel" to it!!!!!!!I always enjoy reading your postings, keep em' coming. I am always on the road here in North Carolina working and I will try to remember to take some pictures and get them posted here for all to see!!!!!!

weekly works/music/T&A would be OK..

and more

OLD MOPARS!

More pics of forlorn and forgotten Mopars? More pics of Middle America and Appalachia? More pics of the incomparable BOF? More pics of ABB? =P~ Well, DUH! Bring it on, I say.

I've got a friend (I know hard to beleive) who was working this deal on this car last fall with me. He's looking for the guys number and is going to call him today. If I can get it, I might just buy it to find out more about it. If it's really a 67 GT It would be worth it right? The FABO could decide if we restore or part it!
I'm still not comming up with $1000 worth of parts and scrap though!.....
We'll see. The guy hasn't called me back yet.

I am planning chapter 3 for next week when FABO, BOF and I can go and ONLY look for cars on the trip!!! Of course we'll keep an open mind for any Falcons, Comets, Fairlanes, or any wagons & convertables too. Don't forget the ramblers too! Have been seeing these pop up lately.
Really wanted a MOPAR pick up though!

Dont give up hope on the truck yet. Riding those country roads you never know what you will uncover. I think a live feed of the trips may cost too much. lol

WOW!
Just heard about this one late last night!!

A 1974 Dodge Dart 2 door 318 auto, air, ps pb, rear defog, etc loaded, original 37,782 miles, owned locally, little old lady!!!

dk copper looks like with light tan vinyl top, light tan interior in mint condoition.

Said serious calls only. They don't even have a clue as to how serious someone can be about Darts!! LOL!!!

I'm calling this morning and asking where it is for viewing immediately! Not how much is it!!!! I'll worry about that later!!! HAHA!!! I'm the mad Darter!!!:cheers:

Ok guys before we go this morning, I need some help.

Give me a price range, for your area, what you guys think it's worth. I want FABO involved here so please give me your advise ASAP this morning.

Then me, BOF and FABO will be off to see this minty 74!!

Thanks again FABO, you're the greatest!!!:cheers:

$1500 if it's not rusty. Sounds like a nice car.

Hey thanks gts340!

Even though I recently bartered for our 75 "Fern" I really didn't have an idea on the 70 and after V-8 cars, especially the 2 door cars! LOL!!

Talked with a real nice lady who lost her husband a year ago. They were very involved with Ford retractables. BIG into them! 2 huge garages/business there at their place. This is the second to the last car she has before an upcomming auction.
After talking a while, doesn't want to show to strangers without son there. Also after she asked who I knew in the area, because she had not heard of me yet, I told her my grandpa's name and turns out the woman he married after my grandmother, was this womens Aunt!
I told her she'll have to cut me a deal cause I'm family and we both were crackin up, untill....
She says just out of curiosity how much did I think it was worth. I told her I would not even insult her by making an offer without seeing the car. I said she should be rest assured that I was probibly her best hope of top dollar here locally due to our love of every thing DART!8)
That's when I asked the dreaded question..........
........How much would it take to adopt your Dart and give it a loving home?
Well.....You know that ones a Swinger, right?
Yes mam.
Well I'm going to try to get $10,000 for the swinger!!

I then wished her luck and told her if I gave her 10K it would be all the money I have left in the world, and even though I'm totally ate up with Dart, and wished i could give her that much, I wasn't giving anyone every last cent to my name I had. I told her I would do some more research and I want to see the car too.
Well she's going to set up appointment with son to open garage, (it is her car though and son don't want) on Wed 3.17.10 for me sense I was family she would work with me a little on price! :cheers:

But defenitly won't be getting up my hopes on ownership.

On the bright side though, she is going to track down my grandfathers masonic temple 32 deg ring! Her aunt didn't bury it with him but was holding till I joined my lodge. She passed away before I got his ring. This womens other aunt was in charge of estate.
So I guess at least I'm getting some good networking and meeting extended relatives I didn't know I had!!!8)

Whatever happens now, the ring would be quite a find and well worth your time involved.

10k is insane though......JMO

I will stay tuned for Wednesdays update.:read2:

10k for a 74? WOW....

I know, it's hard not to offend people but it's not a bad thing to just say to them, causally, that their price is insane (in nicer words). Ask if they are serious about selling the car or just waiting for a silly offer. It's not a fair comparison to look on ebay at the 72 and earlier models. If it were a Dart Sport 360 car you'd have a very hard time getting 10k for it. I really can't see a 318 74 being worth more than $3k in MINT condition these days. They are great cars though. On the other hand, you don't need to fret over that one, after they try to get that kind of $$ for the car and realize no one is interested at that price, maybe they will sell it realistically priced. Let them know your familiar with these cars and that (make your $ offer) is a fair price for this year in this condition (whatever that is).
What I've seen is that owners of the cheaper model cars realize that the enjoyment they can get from owning/driving the car far out weigh the $$ they would get selling.

-
Back