CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Holy crap! I had to look in my garage to see if my Lancer was missing!!! LOL!! Mine might be up for sale soon though.:(

LOL!!
It's the spittin image but yours is in alot better shape!
Love your car!:love4:
Hope we get one just like it next week!:eek:ccasion:
Fate and Karma will tell. If it was meant to be it will be.
John.

I'm really liking this Fabozene. Cool pictures, it's entertaining and full of surprises and suspense. Looking forward to the next installment:read2:

Trying to work a deal on the black Lancer.
Maybe a new chapter? who knows for sure??!:happy7:

Here's only pics we got.
Didn't go much further after crawling around on my back.
Nice morning though!
Thanks to FABO for going with me and FOTO.
It's always better to take someone on these deals thats on your side.
You guys got my back YO!8)

See Yall next time (or at the show tomorrow) right here on
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 454
  • 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 451
  • 3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 421
Well FABO I just want to tell everyone what a COOL *** guy & Woman 64Dart170 and AbodyBetty are. They are wonderful people and boy do they have an awesome car in Daisy she is spot on perfect, with I would have got to meet (see) Baby also maybe another time. Great meeting you John and AbodyBetty.

Brad

Well FABO I just want to tell everyone what a COOL *** guy & Woman 64Dart170 and AbodyBetty are. They are wonderful people and boy do they have an awesome car in Daisy she is spot on perfect, with I would have got to meet (see) Baby also maybe another time. Great meeting you John and AbodyBetty.

Brad

It was great meeting you as well. I am sure that meeting Baby can be arranged. I think that after today we are through with car shows for awhile. I know I am, too much homework to do on the weekends. :toothy7:

Brad

Thanks Brad!
BAck at ya!
Sorry I missed ya on this thread this evening. I was scribing the show story copy and picture edits and posting on the events thread for Daisy and ABB. Wrote to ya on that thread while you were writing this here LOL!!
Your good people, glad to know you. You got my number, if you need anything for that sweet car of yours, let me know!
Nice ride ya got!!
If your comming out this way some day hit me a PM or call for a 24 hour notice and we'll be looking for ya!
Anymore Car shows for me? Not for a while I'm afraid. Maybe if I win the lottery!
John.

A 40 Plymouth!!
Yeah I smell sex and candy yeah!!!
HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBPyYeCf95o"]Marcy Playground-Sex And Candy Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

OH NO!

Not another unexpected chapter of

Yes, believe it or not We are gearing up around the offices today for chapter 36. We will be leaving around 8 AM and meeting a nice gentleman who called me about some cars he needs to sell......

" Are you the guy who buys cars?"
Yes I am sir, how can I help you?
How much are ya givin on cars now.
Well sir, it depends on what ya got.
Well, I got a;
57 Chevy,
a 56 Ford,
a 53 Ford,

(Right now I'm thinking Oh wow somebody is selling their collection, I DON"T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY!!!)

and I got a 40 Plymouth,
a 67 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 pick up
and a couple others....

Well sir, I'm very interested to say the least.
Is this your collection? Are they restored or in original condition?

No just junk I need gone.

Are they field finds burried in mudd and creek bottoms or in barns?

Well A couple are in 1 barn that was burned so they are scorched and dented. One is in a shed, another in other barn, and rest in the field.

Oh, OK. Do you have titles?
On 2 I do. One is in my Dads name who has passed several years ago.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that.

Well it has been a long time so the family needs to clean up the property and the cars have to go first.

Well, I would have to see them for condition and see how it's all going to tow. I'll have to contract a roll back for all non rollers is that ok? I pay for all towing too.

Yeah that's fine. Can you meet me in the morning and run up there to look them over, I wanted you to see them first anyway.

Sure will, meet ya in the morning!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PWjA9ybRE"]Weezer - "Beverly Hills" Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

So there ya have it.
That's how
gets its chapters started!

A 40 Plymouth??!!! Wow, I can't wait!!
What about you FABO?
Are you guys going with?
Remember, if ya go, NO WHINING!! No bathroom stops and no food stops either. It's only a 30 min ride!!!
If you can obey the rules, meet me at FOTO by 8AM!
SO, Here it comes, ready or not, chapter 36 of

Later when you're hair gets straighter!:glasses7:

Glad I woke up in time to go. I can't wait to see the 40 myself. I seen 1 in the junk yard the the other day, they said nice runner. they wanted $20K for what i woulda gave $5k for it(maybe). I have to go that way again today so taking the camera with me.

Glad I woke up in time to go. I can't wait to see the 40 myself. I seen 1 in the junk yard the the other day, they said nice runner. they wanted $20K for what i woulda gave $5k for it(maybe). I have to go that way again today so taking the camera with me.

Cool, post them pics right here!:cheers:

Hit it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8&feature=related"]Soggy Bottom Boys- I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - YouTube[/ame]

Alright, I had to set the mood for this backwoods, hackin through the jungle...I know it was daylight when we went into these woods chapter 36 of

It all started pretty early and a little different this time.
FOTO, Sit, Stay!

Had talked with the older nice gentleman and he wanted to meet at local Lowes and drive me there....
(Bells and whistles going off, Dominos pizza delivery, stick em up!)
So I call him back later last night and let him know of the concerns ABB had for my safety. (I think ABB was worried about him too knowing I pack)
I told him I needed an address of where I would be so I can give it to the wife and explained the wierd times we live in now. He understood and gave me the address.
After hanging up, I went straight to mapquest. The name of the road was very familar to me and that area is very built up now with subdivisions and shopping malls. Well lets just sauy this farm was there long before any of that new BS was ever built. We get off the highway and make a few turns in very busy traffic. Then all of a sudden he hits the brakes and makes a sudden left into what I thought was just bushes and thickets along an inside blind curve!
"OH sorry about that, if you don't hit the drive when you can you'll get hit!"
Well thanks, wiplash is always better than me being in the front row of a T-bone!!!
We make a drop off the pavement into a "tree cave" and stop at a rustic farm gate. He explains he's getting the gate and I can wait here.
All I see beyond the gate is gravel path making a gentle right where sunlight was somewhere beyond the "Tree tunnel" we were in.
He gets the gate and comes back, we go on...
The sunlight was comming from a 1/4 acre flat area along a creek with a huge pile of timbers on the left. "Oh that's the old bridge"
"Well I hope you put in a new one!"
"We did here it is"
We go across a brand new galvanized steel and cement bridge that looks like it should be on a state highway! WOW nice bridge!
Then up a long winding up hill grade that was inside another tree tunnel.
We start crowning and I can see the start of a roofline on a century old 2 story farm house. We stop and park at the "T" in the tree tunnel and on the left it opens up to a small sunny area around the house. In front of us is the 1st car, chebby 53.
To the right continues the long curv of additional driveway.
He honks the horn to let his brother know someones here.
We talk, then I meet his brother. Their farm has been in their family sense before the 40's.
We all hit it off right off the bat. I'm not sure they get too many visitors. They almost fight each other trying to talk at the same time to me! LOL!
Anyway, he was right, just a bunch of junk!
Nothing ever easy for me.
Got some pics. They are wanting me to "fix" the barn so I can get a caddy out that was in the fire. Roof caved in on caddy, burned and rusted.
The jungle is so thick where the cars are, that it blocks out the sun like your in a rain forest, with briars!!! LOL

Stayed a while shootin the chite.
Then we left.
He talked story after story on the way home. Then for 50 mins at my car where he was dropping me off!
New friends!

Well, he's getting back with me next week. By then I'll have figured out how much a roll back will charge me for 6 trips to his place back to my place and give him pricing.
Only worry is, might not be enough parts to part off and sell sense they have all but been stolen off the cars already. All I hope is for good interior Inst panels etc.
The cars are not going to weigh as much as he thinks they are due to rust. Also he has very deep emotional attachments to the cars. Also all the while telling me he don't need the money either. (He don't. He has about 250 acre farm out here in Indiana, 9 tracktors, one of the biggest barns in the state before it burned from lightning.
Makes me wonder why he finally decided to sell the cars? They sure weren't bothering anyone where they were!

I'm really going to have to be careful. I'm going to have to price as scrap and the weight isn't there. The good parts aren't there anymore either!!

He even stopped by later in the day at my house to pick up a business card and chew the fat some more! New friends!
I offered if he needed help at his place to call me if he couldn't get ahold of anyone else. He said Thanks, cause the last time in the field he fell next to the tractor and called 911 for the sheriff to help him up!
Well he can call me next time and I'll go out there and help him up, he's ok.
Glad he wasn't some crazy that was going to burry be alive in some room in the ground!!
We had alot in common we found out. We both had been printers and truck drivers. We both served in the military. So, it was a pretty cool day. I'm not really looking foward to next week though when I have to price his rust piles.

Well, that's another
for the history books. I'll keep ya posted later on revisits to the farm for the cars.

Tune in next time for the next rust soaked chapter of

Pics to follow;

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 320
  • 9.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 8.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 7.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 6.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 5.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 4.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 3.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 322
  • 2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 323
I think I hear banjos!!
Chapt 36 pics continued..

HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8&feature=related"]Dueling Banjos Deliverance - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 18.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 19.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 308
  • 20.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 16.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 15.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 14.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 13.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 12.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 11.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 312
See ya next time for chapter 37 of

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APl9fRFmdC0"]Foggy Mountain Breakdown--Flatt and Scruggs & Foggy Mt Boys - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 22.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 303
Ya had me skerd with that dueling banjos thing . . . I was afraid to look at any more pictures!! :bootysha: lol

Amazing how far that 40 Plymouth had sunk into mother earth! I bet that car could tell some stories! :read2: Thanks a bunch John . . . . that was fun. :hello1:
FOTO can't get those heaps?? :banghead: Rog

Too bad those cars are too far gone, but they are still cool to look at! What ever happened to the Lancer you were looking at?

Ya had me skerd with that dueling banjos thing . . . I was afraid to look at any more pictures!! :bootysha: lol

Amazing how far that 40 Plymouth had sunk into mother earth! I bet that car could tell some stories! :read2: Thanks a bunch John . . . . that was fun. :hello1:
FOTO can't get those heaps?? :banghead: Rog

You were skerd?!! Think how I felt going down the tree tunnel.
Sorry about the pics, but like with the plymouth, you would not believe the thorn trees and briars I was going through trying to get to it for pics!

Too bad those cars are too far gone, but they are still cool to look at! What ever happened to the Lancer you were looking at?

We called the guy on the Lancer.
We were going to do a 2 for 1 trade for our 74 swinger against his lancer and another car.
He was rude to me on the phone. The next day, I was there at 9 and he wasn't, so I blew it off.
Will be taking the 74 swinger to the car corral at monster mopar in Indy.
The 40 Plymouth so stuck in the ground will be in the corner of our lot between the 2 streets in our flower garden soon, ABB already approved it for lawn decor. She's pretty cool like that. The rest will be comming here or I'll strip parts there and then have the roll back take them out.

-
Back