CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Just got through reading the whole thread.

Glad you stayed. Looking forward to your continued adventures, and hope to meet you one day, as well. Always good to see someone playing the hand he was dealt, and still keeping an upbeat attitude about it. Good on ya!

Just got through reading the whole thread.

Glad you stayed. Looking forward to your continued adventures, and hope to meet you one day, as well. Always good to see someone playing the hand he was dealt, and still keeping an upbeat attitude about it. Good on ya!

Thanks for saying El_Oel!
Stay tuned.....
News Flash comming in....

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:
Next chapter 42 soon!
41 was such bad karma we'll just skip that one.
Wait till ya see chapter 42!!
WOW!
:glasses7:

We are ready John! Hope your hand surgery went well.

I hope it goes well too! Surgery was postponed untill July 20. I may push it back further. Originally when this was all to be done it was still winter and I had hopes of being better by spring so I could start my working for $$ season (Spring summer fall). I was in a lot of pain then and couldn't hardly use my left hand at all. It was broke in Nov 2011. It has been so long now, I hardly have pain but once in a while when I use it wrong. I have also retrained my body to not use my left thumb for hardly anything and when it is used I use it differently now having learned other ways of doing things without using it.
So my thinking is, why should I have surgery when I have a 68 camper to finish and sell for house payment (2 months late on finishing that) have a camper here that a girl in California bought an hour from me. I transported, stored it and am now supposed to do work on it before she picks it up end of Aug. I have our camper 63 compact and ABB's 70 Aspen wagon to finish too. All by winter??!! Probibly best to just reschedule surgery again for this comming fall or winter, but by then the world will end anyway and I won't even need my thumb for anything then!
Have a good one today GF65!
John:D

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.....

Thanks RRH!
I just got back. The story is still unfolding and my son is sitting on the fence about buying it. I think he will get it in the morning. As we were leaving due to price being too high for what it is, the dealers secretary came out and said the owner just called and dropped the price to us by $900.00 bringing it down to an even $2000. My boy told me to turn around so he could get it several times on the way home but changed his mind just as fast to sleep on it.
Totally wierd karma story that fits in way too well for this thread. For those that know us and for those who don't, this will be one stange karma twist.
Remember, Life is always stranger than fiction and it's getting stranger every day around here!!
Have a good day today RRH!
John:D

Story and pics soon to follow. Hint; Yall have seen this car before!! LOL

Chapter 42 of
Soon to follow.

Titled; "Karma is one strange *****, can we play that shooting star again?"
OR
"That Dart is like a bad dinner, it keeps comming up!"

Also got pics of a really cool rare Nash Wagon and a Subaru rear engine pick up with suicide doors for sale! Way cool!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0&feature=related"]Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U - YouTube[/ame]

Not Again!

chapter 42

Not Again!
Run that Dart by me one more time OK?
Here's the background. Most everyone knows but for youinz who don't, the feature car for this chapter is a 1969 B5 Dart Custom slant 225. Yes it was ABB's 3 cars ago. We took it on our last vacation we had in 2009 to the Smokey Mountains. It was our sons 2nd car and that was another wrecked car story that brought him and his 69 together for the first time.
Well, now here we are again with another wrecked car story. (He even wrecked his rental truck 2 days ago...I digress...moving on...)
Here's what led up to finding his car for sale a second time. It was not advertised and had only showed up at the dealer 2 days before I saw it yesterday morning.
A few weeks back my son had me order parts for his Ranger pickup after kissing a guard rail. I got parts in and 2 days later he rolled it. Got a check from INS Co. for more than he paid. Got a rental. Finally found a pick up for him. Bought it. Next day found leaning shock tower (another long sad story) Dropped off to dealer later in day as unsafe to drive. Got another rental Ram. I went over to a friend’s house yesterday morning for him to look at mods needed for hitch I want to put on our 79 Aspen wagon. When I go over there, I like to look in this lot that always has some vintage cars for sale. That lot has been featured here on

in past chapters. Well I remembered seeing a teal colored wagon the last time I was over there and wanted to see if I could tell what it was sense I told ABB it looked like a Nash Metropolitan from what I saw but I didn't think they had a 2 door wagon.
Well when I drove past it was still there but forgot my camera so just stared and drove by not really seeing or looking at any other car while going past at 30 mph. Well after having the hitch looked over, I was heading back to Indiana and I saw the lot coming up and was wondering what else they had. Then all of a sudden I look over to see Clara's Headlights and grill looking right at me! I jammed the brakes cause I always brake for flash backs normally. Guy behind me squeals and lays in the horn almost slamming me in the wagon; I take off for home freaking out calling everyone about me seeing our old car. Well off me and the boy went for Cincinnati this AM! He is going to drive his truck in winter and now he wants’ his car for summer! Funny thing was, while we were shopping trucks last Sat. he looked at me real serious and said, "I wish I could find my blue Dart for sale so I could buy it back."

Now really people, you all know me here and how my karma works sometimes. What weird shutzpah is going on around here??!! Just by cowinkiedink he says to me he wants’ his old Blue Dart back, then 2 days later I see it for sale 20 feet away from me!! Jezz! It's not even in the same state as the person I sold it to!! Then for me to just happen upon it after it somehow makes it back to my eyesight for sale in Ohio and we live in Indiana??!!
I'm sorry, that is just way too much Karma to ignore. It was too much on my boy too.
Confirmed by dealer; PO is a guy from KY (That's who I sold it to)
We will have to get in touch with him. He still has the 2 extra spear moldings and the 3 fender moldings and 2 studded snow tires for that car we want!!
PO bought it off me and tried to quick flip it for a thousand profit a couple weeks after buying from me...AS IF!!
Near as we can tell he must have been driving it as a daily cause NOTHING has been done to it sense I owned it except it being driven hard and put away wet every day. Worse condition that when we had it. Both me and the boy were disappointed but took it on a test drive anyway.
When we got in, I could smell right away it was our car. You know every vintage car has its own scent and this was all Clara! When we sit down and start her up, she now has a miss and exhaust leak. He looks over at me and says, "John, you know the mind, when it remembers something, your strongest memories always involve smell?"
I know what you’re saying boy, I can see your in love again. The last time I saw that look was when you bought this car the first time. You go ahead and drive it by yourself, it's your call, your car, he takes off and I head into the office.
I tell the lady the 29 they are asking is way too much and explain our history with the car. I also told her I didn't care if they thought they were the experts, that in fact, I was the expert on 4 door Darts round these parts and have sold 5 in the past 3 years. I know that car is only worth 18 in current condition tops and even though my boy was out driving it and having a flashback at the moment that him or I will not pay more than 2 for it sense we just had a very hard time selling Lump our 74 4 door with 318 for 2 grand and it had fresh paint!
Well the boy comes back and complains about a noise. I jump in for a spin and as soon as I pulled out I heard it, something in front end like when he first bought it. Keep in mind he first purchased at 32K miles and it now has 72K miles!! That guy drove the crap outta this car!! As we go further down the street all of a sudden a loud metallic scraping noise in the rear. Needs new brakes. So I begin to look for side street to turn around and when I hit the brakes there isn't hardly any... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Barley made the turn. Looked like a turn on Dragnet! We decide it was a fun fond memory but there wasn't any way we would even off the 2500 me and the boy discussed on the way over. So we both decided that was one shooting star he already rode and he should just move on.....Sad...
Well when we got back I handed keys and plate over to the lady and told her no thanks and have a good day, too much wrong with the car especially the price. She told us both that she talked with the lot owner while we were gone and he would take 2 for it. We'll think about it, see Ya!
Well on the way back home we discussed turning around several times to hand over the 2K cash but we both decided he could sleep on it cause no one would pay that much for that car with all that's wrong with it now. Besides we had to stop at ford to see if his new used truck was ready for pick up...OH! Speaking of pickups, I forgot to tell you...
While we were at the lot I noticed the pass front corner of the rental ram bumper was scratched and dented and asked about it. Then I noticed it was guard rail all the way down the side!! What the F??!!
That's the second guard rail in a month! F yaeh I want him to buy his 69 back. It has been the only car he ever had he didn't wreck!!
Jezz.
So he picks his truck up and calls me after dropping me off. He forgot his drivers license at the lot! He decided that sense they came off 900 in price that would more than cover getting everything fixed again. He was buying on Sat AM but now was just going back over to pay while picking up license. Car payed for, but scheduled tow to pick up and bring to my house.
That's right! It will be sitting in the same driveway again after 40K more miles! Man did that guy drive it or what??!!
Well, there it is guys, chapter 42 in the record books as a re-play!! LOL
How often can you find the first car you truly loved after you sell it, when you want to buy it back? NEVER hardly. I think that's why the boy went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. On the way home he was telling me on the phone that right now in time he feels and has a more positive outlook on life. A positive attitude he hasn't had sense he sold his car! Now he has it back!
Good on you son, I knew I taught you right!

Well FABO, that's about how the cookie crumbled around here the past few weeks. I hope you all enjoyed chapter 42 of
See ya in the funny papers!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ousaiByU1ko"]Blues Traveler - Run-Around - YouTube[/ame]

:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 414
  • 6.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 5.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 416
  • 4.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 3.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 390
I know that car lot well.... good story too!
I once drove 7-8 hours (each way) to virginia to buy back my first barracuda. It too was in sad shape and way over priced... came home with an empty trailer. I found a much better car since then, but I still would like to have the old one back for some reason? Your son made a good decision...

Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_Sc1Wags&feature=related"]Eurythmics Sweet Dreams - YouTube[/ame]

Well welcome back Clara!
Sweet dreams indeed!
The boy said he didn't sleep all last night. Clara will be comming home on Sat!
There might be a name change in the future by our son, maybe Clareese?
LOL
Heres a couple more pics and a couple from her past with us too! We just sold this car on 2-19-11!!
Good Times just got better!:cheers:

After I get this camper done and sold maybe we can all get together and do this
stuff again some time.
Hopefully get something we haven't had before...you know...some strange!
But around here even the familar is strange!
Once again proving that life and
is truly stranger than fiction. Common man! Ya just can't make up shtuff like this, Ya gots ta liv it mang!!

Check out the little red pick up there too. Is it cool or what!!:cheers:
Check yall on the next flip!

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 400
  • 2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 385
  • 1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 82.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 395
  • 12.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 400
  • 11.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 10.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 405
  • 9.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 386
  • 8.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 396
  • 7.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 376
..... and maybe I will go check out the Nash!

LOL!
The owner of the lot turned down a $10K offer 2 days ago. He is going to keep for his son named Nash. The guy has like 6 or 7 kids all named after classic cars!!

Glad Clara found her way back to you. I was sad that you sold her. That other guy didn't respect her did he.

I know that car lot well.... good story too!
I once drove 7-8 hours (each way) to virginia to buy back my first barracuda. It too was in sad shape and way over priced... came home with an empty trailer. I found a much better car since then, but I still would like to have the old one back for some reason? Your son made a good decision...

Enjoy!

Thanks Robb!
He said that car had his head spinnin right round right round! (pics are from the welcome back party!! LOL
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLO70NN9iz4&feature=related"]The Hangover More Pictures From The Missing Camera - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Txo2wEfm-Q"]The B-52's - Follow Your Bliss - YouTube[/ame]

Look what just showed up!
Too bad our boy wasn't here for her arrival. He's at work tonight making caskets!

We got some pics and a video. Here are a few as a reminder of her when she left. Now a few of her back home!
Now he should be able to view on his phone at work tonight.
Guess we'll have to get him signed on here for new young gun.
The driveway is starting to look normal again.
We had sold her on 2-19-11. She has had 40K miles put on sense then!! WOW!! Son first got her at 32K miles, she now sits at 70 somthing. Nothing but gas put in for last 40k miles, rode hard, put away wet. Condition now? Needs love.

Just got off the phone with the guy I sold her to looking for her 4 sets of penstar keys, 3 fender moldings, 3 spear moldings (one is still on car) and 2 studed snow tires. He said he only owned it for like 3 months and gave all that stuff to the guy who sold it to the car lot. That guy had totaled his car too (like our boy now) and was going to use it for business too while waiting on Ins. to send check. Well he worked for nursing home network and would visit alot of nursing homes with elderly and disabled folks. Well alot of the time he would have to drive them around or even when he just showed up at the different homes on route, the residents would always come out and love on her. They would make up stuff to get to ride in her too. That would explain the high milage in 1 year. She sits at 76K miles now!! WOW! Drove her into the dirt. Lots of strange noises now and will need a total go through again starting with brakes. Big difference this time? I'll be tellin the boy how to do instead of me doing for him! LOL

Well Chapter 42 of
is now officially in the record books.
Hope we get a new member here that I'm related to!!
Don't be surprised if soon you are seeing pics of it at the strip for vintage weekend. The boy has already been thinking about it!

Tune in next time for the next issue of that crazy upside down, stange world we know as
Where fact is stranger than fiction.
Good Times!:cheers:

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 388
  • 3a.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 4a.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 6.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 1a.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 381
  • 5.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 4.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 371
  • 3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 382
  • 2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 392
Glad Clara found her way back to you. I was sad that you sold her. That other guy didn't respect her did he.

It wasn't the guy I sold her to. It was the guy he sold to. another story about all that milage, see above post^.

It's an ongoing saga! LOL

I was the sadest when she left more than the others. Besides the one I had in High school in late 70's, this car was the one that started it all. We bought her for our son before I got my 64. It was him getting Clara that prompted me to buy Baby! The all the other 4 doors followed.
She was always the most reliable of all the darts besides Baby.
But I just like our son always loved that B5 blue. wide speedo, thumb wheel radio...What's not to like? LOL:D

Wow Clara spent a year visiting folks in nursing homes and cheering them up. That's impressive even for a Mopar.

Good find! Clara looks good for having been driven all those miles. Good to see CAR HUNT back, too!:cheers:

LOL!
The owner of the lot turned down a $10K offer 2 days ago. He is going to keep for his son named Nash. The guy has like 6 or 7 kids all named after classic cars!!
That's a Rambler. They only made two Metropolitan wagons and one was scrapped. I'd sure like to know if the other one is still around.

Attachments

• 100_1083 (Medium).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 373
John, you would be stylin in that Nash. I don't think you could get much scrap in the Scubydoo pick up. What about the old Plymouth behind the Suby?

Wow Clara spent a year visiting folks in nursing homes and cheering them up. That's impressive even for a Mopar.

Still blows my mind!
I haven't done the exact math yet but it's leaning towards I think around 50K miles in like 1.5 years!!!
WOW!:prayer:

-
Back