CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow2bzZnWlMg&feature=fvwrel"]HOT CORNER the B-52s - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a few pics after todays things to do list. Here's what was done;
Wet sand, pick up another quart of paint, prep solve, reassemble paint gun, mix paint, shoot paint, clean gun and mess, de-mask, install markers tailights, headlight surrounds, wheel molding, etc..
Will install emblems once I get all the parts together. I'm not using any of the emblems that came with the car, they were toast.
All I'm wainting on now is locating the rubber speed retainers for the posts of the emblems. Still waiting on 1 of the trunk emblems too. Already bought it, just waiting on the shipping.
Looks like an airport Taxi from the show Hawaii 5-0!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9xfNn09eQ&feature=related"]Hawaii Five 5.0 - Original Intro ( 1968 - 1980 ) - YouTube[/ame]

After the 2nd coat was applied today the orange went more towards a burt orange and the sparkels are more mature. Well it appears that way sense we have had overcast skies today. Can't wait to see it in the sun again.
Still have plans for the hood and side stripe above handels to be in the original dark brown (T9 Sable Tan Sunfire) and some western theme stencil work and pinstripe the color break line on back hatch door.
This one seemed to go faster than the last one. Learning curve going away after 30 + years of doing I guess LOL
:glasses7:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 654
  • 7.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 662
  • 6.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 656
  • 5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 652
  • 4.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 647
  • 3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 658
  • 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 666
Thanks!
A POUND of orange flake??!!
I'm working out of a 1.5 oz jar and have been sense 1978!! Still have 2/3 of a jar left. LOL when the guy sold it to me all those years ago, I said $50.00 bucks for that?? He said it was more than enough to last the rest of my life. So far he was right!
A pound??? Are they micro flakes or the ones the size on bass boats?
If they will go through my gun, I could use an oz or 2 for when I do the rest of the custom work on the roof and hood.
Have a good one jaws!

Bass boat stuff, This is enough for a small two tone job, not a hole car. Wagon's looking good John. You going to use a pin stripe between the brake on the third color?

John, you want this stuff, PM me your addy and I will send it to you. Dave

looks good John notice I used big type so you could read I figured you have been squinting looking at that Flake LOL:glasses7:

Thanks guys.
I'm still around. Sorry it's been a while.
AND NO this wasn't me that was spotted at Myrtle Beach a while ago!! Looks like me though when I'm there!:D

$ are very tight right now so I haven't been hunting cars as much as I've been hunting dollars.

The past few weeks I have been restoring a 1973 Shasta 16SC for a girl out in California. She had purchased it about an hour away and contacted me for transport and storage till Oct. Then it turned into do repairs while it is here. AWSOME!!! It is starting to be a nitch I've found. Got another lady from mid OH who will be sending me her camper when she buys one. Burned up ebay with vintage camper parts from 2, that I scrapped. Stuff sold fast. Had a couple in from TX this past weekend. The lady is member of "Sisters on the Fly". They stopped and bought a front window I had from one I scrapped and said they would spread the word of my "fast,cheap,easy,sturdy repairs" and fair deals on parts. Cool, they are a pretty big club. So anyway right now I just got rear skin back on yesterday morning. Will be doing roof vents and other repairs till she gets here in Oct. Then I will start on my 63 Compact. Yellow top and green bottom to be painted in the next couple weeks.

I had gotten metal Aspen emblems (when I had some money) for the wagon off ebay. But sense the originals were plastic (and broke) the post holes in the fender were too big for the smaller metal post. So I finally had to use a combination of NAPA speed clip and a smaller plastic fastener inside that. The plastic ones I used were for the same as the back Special Edition emblems on back quarter. I also found metal Dodge square emblem for back trunk deck. I still have to repaint the letters in the same paint as on car to match like fuel cap. I also located an Aspen small script emblem for back that still had it's chrome.(plastic) To my knowledge, they didn't make a metal one of those. So all emblems on now but I haven't glued the back ones on yet. Still can't make up my mind where on back door to put them. Still have to put interior back in. Just waiting on funds so I can get insulation for roof.

FOTO went down with a head gasket coolant leak. They wanted $1500-2000 so that closed the scrap car gig untill I used 2 bottles of $30 leak stop from walmart and it worked!! Just got my ad back in the news paper. Hopefully be towing scrap real soon.

Hope to be back on here soon!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVNeozIH2SQ&feature=related"]Odetta - Hit Or Miss - YouTube[/ame]

View attachment 111.jpg

View attachment 222.jpg

View attachment 333.jpg

View attachment 444.jpg

View attachment 10.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 11.jpg

View attachment 22.jpg

View attachment 2222.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:coffee2:Now that's what I'm talkin' about . . . John, you could work on a left handed, high altitude, toaster on here and I'd be entertained!! :happy1: Where's Lex?? :dontknow: Rog

Cool stuff John! The Aspen wagon looks terrific. I'm happy to see you doing what you love, and also getting recognition from happy customers!

:coffee2:Now that's what I'm talkin' about . . . John, you could work on a left handed, high altitude, toaster on here and I'd be entertained!! :happy1: Where's Lex?? :dontknow: Rog

Thanks Popdart!
He had his eye on something other than work that day!
I'm thinking mom was about due home....
:coffee2:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 409
Cool stuff John! The Aspen wagon looks terrific. I'm happy to see you doing what you love, and also getting recognition from happy customers!

Thanks RRH!
I love working on these campers.
You don't have to see or feel the parts as well as on cars. That's perfect for me sense I'm loosing feeling in fingers and eyesight aint what it used to be!
Working on the vintage campers, I only have to see a tape measure and the saw blade edge on the table saw. Alot easier to work on than the cars!:cheers:
Plus I've been getting work off the website for the campers! I hope to have another one to do over winter.
Usually I'm lucky to get 1 car a summer done but this summer I got the Aspen reworked, Finished painting Lump our old 74 Dart, the 68 Shasta restored and sold on feebay, Now this 73 Shasta due to be finished in a week or two, and have started our 63 Shasta. It just don't seem like I'm as busy as I used to be but once you do the final count for summer, I got alot done. Just haven't been hauling that many cars this year due to working out of the driveway more.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 404
It's good to see you on the ball and here, I am diggin the wagon, perfect
color selection, those little trailers are a big hit everywhere.
Have a great day John, and thank you for being here to entertain and help
us folks.

Glad to see you still have a roof over your head and tools in your hands. Fixing things even if it is not cars is rewarding.

Check out the rad Charger (Rocket Car) he jumps in his movie LOL!
Check it; then hit "PLAY TRAILER" button;
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NTBWGS/ref=atv_feed_catalog?tag=imdb-amazonvideo-20"]Amazon.com: The Extreme Adventures Of Super Dave: Peter MacDonald: Amazon Instant Video[/ame]

:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCFl7AhduiA&feature=related"]Super Dave Osbourne - Bump and Rob - YouTube[/ame]

:D

Super Dave appears to have a slightly damaged car. Hell with your skills I bet you could save that one too John.

-
Back