Car show tomorrow. Deep black or shiny tires?

-
Like I said, im on the fence over this. I like both. But what do you guys imagine the pastor at this church is gonna like? I don't normally care, but with a $25.00 entry fee id like to get something.

Drive it how it sits and forget about the trophy. That way you can focus on the things that actually matter (friends, food, checking out other cars, etc.).

Yeah, I get it. But its at a church, probably judged by people that don't know squat about cars. Im not even sure why im going.
You go to have a good time. Period.

And to answer the question, I prefer a stock look to tires. Clean and black and if there are whitewalls or letters, as white as they can get. I always liked Son of a Gun tire prep best, because it's not overly shiny.

You go to have a good time. Period.

And to answer the question, I prefer a stock look to tires. Clean and black and if there are whitewalls or letters, as white as they can get. I always liked Son of a Gun tire prep best, because it's not overly shiny.
Thanks, Rob.
I was hoping you'd give your opinion. I used Son of a Gun to clean them. Just was wondering if I should use tire shine also. Problem solved.
And I do go for a good time! I enjoy talking to other car guys. Not sure what this show benefits, because they haven't stated it. Hopefully its something more than just the church. Churches around here are mostly big and could use their money to help the community instead of themselves.

Drive it how it sits and forget about the trophy. That way you can focus on the things that actually matter (friends, food, checking out other cars, etc.).
I completely agree! Thats the main reason I go.
But this show has a $25 entry fee. I got **** you money, so it doesn't matter, but this entry fee is high for this area. Feeling like I need a top 20 for my efforts.

I completely agree! Thats the main reason I go.
But this show has a $25 entry fee. I got **** you money, so it doesn't matter, but this entry fee is high for this area. Feeling like I need a top 20 for my efforts.
Maybe you should attend the church and find some humility!

.There is a 99% probability that the judge will b a GM guy hired by GM peeps that run the show. IF you were to win, you will receive a plastic trophy with a generic GM car on top worth mabe $.50/ But I am old and senical!
Like said, present the car to suit YOU, go and enjoy the day, maybe meet some good folk, and lust after the GM cars there!:poke::rofl:

I go to shows and half the time I never register. I don't care about the trophy!

If I know the money is going to a good cause than its a different story. Usually don't hang around for awards because I have a life to live.

I drive the car there and park. Flyshit and all. Tires may have dirt on them from the gravel driveway or possibly some mud stain... From an early spring drive.

I think it depends on the rims. If you have rims that pop? Like that of a nice set of Cragar's? Then contrast with blackside out less shiny tires. If solid color steelies? Then you can add some bling to the tire to get some attention.

I believe not to draw too much attention that then takes away from the car.

JMO.

flat rubber black. Shiny makes a bad paint job look worse, and makes your wheels look plastic. No distractions needed!
1969_Plymouth_RoadRunner440A1211.jpg

I do mine for protection from the sun. The sun here is really hard on tires.

Like I said, im on the fence over this. I like both. But what do you guys imagine the pastor at this church is gonna like? I don't normally care, but with a $25.00 entry fee id like to get something.
Put a St. Christopher statue on the Dash. Rosary Beads over the rear view, and a Bible on the front seat.:poke::rolleyes:
That may get you the Pastors choice.:thumbsup:

-
Back