car will not start by key ?

-

1994rm250

Reaction score
every wire is hooked up on the car except the 727 trans ,, is that why my car isnt starting with a key ? how do i hook this up from the 6 cyclinder to 727 ? thank you guys from the help:clock:

it is not connected how tdo i hook this up from the 6 cyclinder to 727 ? or by pass it
There should be a wire with a eyelet style connector coming from the wire harness. I think its brown or brown with yellow. Hook it up to this:

DSC00002 (Custom).JPG

the 727 uses a 3 prong ? and the cyl 904 use's 1 prong ? ?

Make a wire and splice together or go and buy a 1 prong safty switch from your local parts store. Maybe somebody here has an extra one? Good luck.

Thats a 727 in the picture and it worked fine.

Get you a 3 prong connector and you can put neutral safety and reverse lights on that switch. Meanwhile you can connect the brown wire at starter relay to ground which is what the switch does.
BE WARNED the car will start in gear in this condition. I accept no responciblity for accidents.
And please try to ask understandable questions. " \6 to 727" makes no sense to me

Angelo, I used some wire connectors, round female style from Radio Shack. I cut the OE wires from the plastic connector and after I put on the round female connectors, I just pushed it onto the prongs on the switch.

Pay attention to the order in which they would go on if the wires were still in the plastic cap.

Angelo, I used some wire connectors, round female style from Radio Shack. I cut the OE wires from the plastic connector and after I put on the round female connectors, I just pushed it onto the prongs on the switch.

Pay attention to the order in which they would go on if the wires were still in the plastic cap.

Great advise rumblefish.

Thanks man. The wire connectors I used also have a plastic covering over them. I drive the car everyday in every weather condition without issue.
It was tight to get them all on. But on they are.

I also forgot to mention, the diameter of the female connector was a hair large so I just crimped them a tiny tiny bit for a snug fit.

-
Back