Carb intake choice

-
71 scamp. If you can swing the extra cash do the prifix that is already machined for the fuel injection, plug the holes with the rail and injectors like 408 did, this way in the future if you want to go with port injection it is already there. I failed to do that and had to have the intake machined. just a down the road thought if there is any chance you will go to injection.

Funny how now all of a sudden after it was brought up as fact by myself and others that " now " the Gen 3 Hemi is very expensive to build and aside from being ugly is why I stick with the LA platform.

Not so ugly.
upload_2021-8-16_23-30-56.png

Funny how now all of a sudden after it was brought up as fact by myself and others that " now " the Gen 3 Hemi is very expensive to build and aside from being ugly is why I stick with the LA platform.

While the "new hemi" might have been good for Chrysler, it sucks for us in the aftermarket. Not even comparable to the LS as far as ease of build and affordable parts. They are even worse than the previous engines.

Street / Track performance OCP, Joe makes a super nice product.
Mod Man : Horrible cylinder to cylinder distribution. Have seen a few cars at carlisle with this setup only to see it gone the next year.

While the "new hemi" might have been good for Chrysler, it sucks for us in the aftermarket. Not even comparable to the LS as far as ease of build and affordable parts. They are even worse than the previous engines.

Is it realy all that expensive if you are about to build a real 450+hp smallblock from a core?
The Hemi has serious heads,pretty good valvetrain and a pretty stable block from the factory.. yes ignition, intakes and headers will cost money but good parts cost money regardless and the G3 hemi seems to me to be a very nice foundation
Yeah i know im late replying

Is it realy all that expensive if you are about to build a real 450+hp smallblock from a core?
The Hemi has serious heads,pretty good valvetrain and a pretty stable block from the factory.. yes ignition, intakes and headers will cost money but good parts cost money regardless and the G3 hemi seems to me to be a very nice foundation
Yeah i know im late replying
From an intake standpoint.
Hemi:
Performance CARBURETOR Gen3 HEMI Intake by OCPerformance

LS:
CHEVROLET Edelbrock 71187 Edelbrock Performer RPM LS1 Intake Manifolds | Summit Racing

Summit doesn't even have carburetor intake for the GEN3 Hemi that I saw to compare.

From an intake standpoint.
Hemi:
Performance CARBURETOR Gen3 HEMI Intake by OCPerformance

LS:
CHEVROLET Edelbrock 71187 Edelbrock Performer RPM LS1 Intake Manifolds | Summit Racing

Summit doesn't even have carburetor intake for the GEN3 Hemi that I saw to compare.

Thats alright. I thought more about a comparison between a G3 Hemi and a LA or mag engine along the lines of ,expensive intake manifold but no need to buy new heads to make big power. its one of those deals where you pay alitle more in one end and alitle less in the other.
Summit does have intakemanifolds for carbed Hemis aswell,the holley highram,not cheap and will fit thru most hoods but i guess that goes for a highram on a LS aswell.
Then there is the option to just stay with the stock intake and just keep the engine EFI with a Holley Terminator or Edelbrock management system running both injection and ignition in one package,but not everyone likes the look of that stuff.

I got a new single plane Mancini (Ritter style) 4150 manifold. Paid 650$ from them. Without hardware. Will ship for 500$ hardware included.

650 bucks for a carburetor intake. Yeah, fark that.

That looks really badass. Hay, I'm glad somebody can afford badass builds. Heck, I'm havin a ball playing with junk. lol
I can't. Lol I didn't know how much this swap was going to cost. There are places to save some money but nothing is cheap! Atleast to me. Lol I've been working ALOT to buy parts. Its all the little things people don't think about. It was a Nitrous small block for 3 years! Total blast. Had a stock 360 magnum with a 250 shot. went 2 years on that junk and it NEVER missed a beat. Ran mid 6s. Still have it in my garage.

I can't. Lol I didn't know how much this swap was going to cost. There are places to save some money but nothing is cheap! Atleast to me. Lol I've been working ALOT to buy parts. Its all the little things people don't think about. It was a Nitrous small block for 3 years! Total blast. Had a stock 360 magnum with a 250 shot. went 2 years on that junk and it NEVER missed a beat. Ran mid 6s. Still have it in my garage.
Hell yeah!

-
Back