Eddy heads
Eddy rpm air gap intake
MSD ign
TTI headers and 3 inch exhaust

I have had 3 825 BG Mighty Demon carbs on this engine and it still runs
pig rich at idle. I have done everything BG tech people have told me to
do including smaller IFR jets.

I am getting ready to pull the carb and toss it. Can anyone please
recommend a good carb for this engine? Size and brand .

Thanks in advance,
Dustaar

I have a 408 with the following:

10:1 compression
.545 lift cam..241 and 247 duration
Eddy heads
Eddy rpm air gap intake
MSD ign
TTI headers and 3 inch exhaust

I have had 3 825 BG Mighty Demon carbs on this engine and it still runs
pig rich at idle. I have done everything BG tech people have told me to
do including smaller IFR jets.

I am getting ready to pull the carb and toss it. Can anyone please
recommend a good carb for this engine? Size and brand .

Thanks in advance,
Dustaar

I have a Mighty Demon 750 on my 410 that ran lean on the Dyno. I have tuned it up to run just on the rich side because I run WOT all over the place. On the Dyno Brian at IMM engines put on a Holly 1000hp carb and it was spot on out of the box and made more power. Didnt have time to screw around with the Demon on the Dyno since the day went by so fast. My cam is a bit bigger than yours 256/262@50 and 618/624 lift solid flat tappet. 10.20:1 Compression with Ported RHS/INDY X HEADS.

If I were to buy another carb today the HOLLY 1000hp would be it.fwiw

I,m gonna be running a AED HO850 dp(930 cfm) on my 408.I noticed Summit now carry,s these race carbs.Check them out,they,re modified Holleys.You can also checkout there website.

Demon carbs are "garbage"..get yourself a Quickfuel 850,i run it on my 416 and 360 with great results.........

Boy, you guys like your big carbs :toothy10:

I'm partial to a little smaller carb, since the engine is not running wot most of the time. And from my experience street driving is a little more crisp. But whatever works for you.

Dustaar, i'm running the same profile cam, on a 110 centerline, Eddy heads and airgap as well, i'm fixin to drop my motor in this week. I have a Holley 800 or 830, I forget exactly what it is. I dont know if its going to be exactly what i need, but i'll let ya know how it does in about 10 days. Also, what brand cam are you running, hyd. or solid?

PF 950HP on my 416. My cam is also a little bigger 272@.050 619 lift installed at 108*. And my heads are ported W2's. Jim

Thanks for the carb recommendations... all good information.

Note to Stroker Valiant .. the cam is a Comp hyd..

Thanks ,
Dustaar

-
Back