Carburetor scoops do they make a difference?

-
It didn’t make any sense to me. Closer to babbling ramblings of nonsense.
I’m not sure what the heck he is trying to say.

Here i thought i was reading an interesting conversation... i am bound to having a scoop. Bought it pre-equipped. So i need to continue with pre-owners plan.
Im hoping its in the right place.
Will likely not attempt any fancy sealing or fitting panels.

There was some good reading until the brain box guy chimed in,didnt realize efi was in the mix here.

Ok but the thing is that Im not going to put a hood scoop on
My hood, I'm going to cut a hole in the hood so be carburetor can stick out and I will put what is called a carburetor scoop, you know those air blower things that mount on top of the carburetor with the butterfly flaps ? Well I want to put that on my carb but want to know if it will make a difference or are those things just for looks because jegs sells them for like 300 bucks
Most around here, me included, think they look cheezy as hell.

Ok but the thing is that Im not going to put a hood scoop on
My hood, I'm going to cut a hole in the hood so be carburetor can stick out and I will put what is called a carburetor scoop, you know those air blower things that mount on top of the carburetor with the butterfly flaps ? Well I want to put that on my carb but want to know if it will make a difference or are those things just for looks because jegs sells them for like 300 bucks
they look cheezy as hell to me, I wouldn`t put one on anything !

WHAT??????
that is why Edelbrach makes 100 types of
intake manifolds a stock manifold is shorter and can only hold so much air to fuel so you can not force air into a intake that has only so much space for air intake replacement the air only can go in as fast as the intake empties , learn something

Reading run on sentences of mix size bold letters s an odd way to post a message.
No punctuation, run on sentence, not making much sense.

Hood scoops can add power. This is proven for decades.
The basic hood scoop found on stock cars, including the shaker, Pontiac ram air, etc... allow cooler air to be ingested. The factory level hooch go shaker hood rat mayor coal induction etc. are adding power with cool air. On higher and race cars, you can actually pressurize the area and help force the air down the carburetor into the engine. You would be lucky to see 1 pound of pressure. But this is not the main idea of a hood scoop as it is to feel fresh air.

Pressurizing theCarburetor and intake is the job of a turbo or supercharger.

that is why Edelbrach makes 100 types of
intake manifolds a stock manifold is shorter and can only hold so much air to fuel so you can not force air into a intake that has only so much space for air intake replacement the air only can go in as fast as the intake empties , learn something
Learn English, learn how to spell, learn how to punctuate, but how to capitalize, learn how to make sentences. Please go back to school. Learn something.

u guys need to read the tests Chrysler did back in the early days of pro stock, there are even carb heigth to hood measurements that work better than others w/ a boundary layer hood scoop. Getting that carb height is probably tough on a street car tho.

-
Back