Carpeting for 1966 Dart GT

-

maldridgeks

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello. Am looking to replace the carpet in my 1966 Dart GT. Anyone have experience with the carpet from Rock Auto? Looks like there is loop vs essex. And both with or without mass backing. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

It's probably not the best quality or fit but I can't say that for sure. I still have the original carpet in my 66 Dart. It's a little faded a little but in good shape. It is loop.

100_4680 (1).JPG

I think the loop stands up the best and get a backer, really reduces road noises and insulates. My backer was like a pliable linoleum and conformed right to the irregular floor. weighed about 15 lbs.

The carpet I got from RockAuto was ACC loop. Good quality at a good price, fit nicely. I think whether you get the backer will depend on if you're putting in any other sound deadener/insulation- Dynamat or the like.

Get jute backed loop for the correct fit and look. That is what ACC carpet will be. Legendary as well. Rock Auto customer service does not exist and I will NEVER order from them again. All over a $9 part that they wouldn't warranty...

-
Back