Cars you'd sell your A body for

-
I'm not sure if I wouldn't trade my one Swiss car for another Swiss car:

hs375-01.jpg

Monteverdi%20Highspeed%20020304.jpg

Last edited:
There are many awesome Mopars I'd like to have but I'll keep the 66 Barracuda. My first car 43 yrs ago

Some awesome cars in this thread but I have to be honest; I’ve had enough **** it my life recently that I’m finding that “better” isn’t always better.

Objectively, there’s nothing special about my Dart at all. In its day, it would have blended into traffic, today it gets ignored at cruise nights. It would get walked from a stoplight by a modern V6 rental Mustang...it’s certainly not even noteworthy amongst the A-bodies on this forum. All of this means nothing to me. The Dart is my car. In my mind, trading it would as insane as trading the family dog.

They are different but nice looking cars. The '63s with the round headlight cover look a little nicer, IMO. I helped two different people run Studebaker powered 63 Avantis at Bonneville. Both cars eventually hit 200 mph after a LOT of work on the engines.
Would love to hear more details of those runs & work put in,..a classic time in American automotive history that may be gone for good................
& agree 100%, round bezels all the way..................:thumbsup:
63-Studebaker-Avanti-white-DV-11-GC_01.jpg

You have a 66 but it's not a D/Dart. Still working on getting my "other" D/Dart on the road. Now the rear pinion seal is leaking. Just got the seal to fix it. Now the fun begins.
I rethought my trade/sale of the car for another car. It'd have to be one of the new Demons.
Saw my first Demon today. I think I'll keep my D/Darts. Not that impressed with it.

Saw my first Demon today. I think I'll keep my D/Darts. Not that impressed with it.

I obviously can't argue with your opinion...but not impressed with the Demon? Come again? ddartdude, please make sure you still have a pulse! :D

Ok. I think I can identify. I wouldn't trade my car for one either...

Spotting a plain Jane /6 more-door Valiant out on the road would be much more exciting to me than seeing some super exotic like a Pagani or a Lamborghini. This is admittedly 100% becaue of my personal connection to a car like a Valiant and my first-hand understanding of why it's an important and special car...

In the case of the Demon though; it was crafted in a lab specifically to turn me into a drooling idiot...so I have a little more trouble there.

No, I wouldn't trade my Dart for one...but if I had the money, this is sure as hell one of the first places I'd spend it. They impress the hell out of me and I can't wait to see one on the road.

I sold my 72 Demon just over a year ago for my dream car, 1970 'Cuda. It's a 340 4 speed 8.75 B5 Black Interior and top A/C Disc Brake Console car that was being restored so it's a project but the price i got it for was nice :D

I sold my 72 Demon just over a year ago for my dream car, 1970 'Cuda. It's a 340 4 speed 8.75 B5 Black Interior and top A/C Disc Brake Console car that was being restored so it's a project but the price i got it for was nice :D

Man that is a nice loaded car, with good color and options.
I also have a couple E-bodies to build, finding any part is fun.

Here is a picture of Larry Shepards Hemi Road Runner
DSCN1732.jpg

Here is a picture of Larry Shepards Hemi Road RunnerView attachment 1715143625
1971 mopars , I thought were the best of the best for colors, graphics, interiors ,options and body design. The only one I didn't care for to much was the Charger body style. They should have used the Corronet front clip on the charger it would have shortened it up a bit. But it was all about aero and down force for the nascar

A lot of my friends don't like the 71 RR but I thought it was one of the best, I also had a 71 charger SE with leather sets and It had a 383, A/C, power everything, cool car.
Mopars, A,B,E, you got to love them all, even the ugly ones.

A lot of my friends don't like the 71 RR but I thought it was one of the best, I also had a 71 charger SE with leather sets and It had a 383, A/C, power everything, cool car.
Mopars, A,B,E, you got to love them all, even the ugly ones.
Your right you have to love them all even the old ugly 62 mopars I had a thing for.

scan0002[1].jpg

scan0004[1].jpg

scan0001[4].jpg

-
Back