Carter 750 float level

-
This carb originally had spring-loaded needles, which kept me from finding a float level I liked. I changed over to a new, regular type of needle & seat. Viton tips, and I did use the gaskets under the seats. I looked around inside the secondaries walls with a flashlight, didn't see any signs of fuel dripping. If I get time, I'll pull the top and check the main gasket.

The spring loaded n & s were for off road use. I never liked them & never used them.

Just another Einstein who likes to here himself talk. Set them parallel and be done with it. Should you have any trouble (highly unlikely ) report back.

Speaking of Einstein, it's "hear", not "here". Guess what, Einstein...how about doing it the way the carburetor manufacturer instructs? I've looked through the service manuals and I still can't find where it says "set the floats parallel just like Dana says". Can you help us find that? If you want to halfass your own sh*t because you're too lazy or too rebellious to learn anything, especially the REASONS behind things, then you go do that and stop encouraging people to be lazy as well. Maybe learn to read a ruler or T-gauge while you are at it.

Ahh, so never deviate from factory manual carburetor calibrations. Got it. I here ya. Thanks

Dam near every carb I’ve worked on/rebuilt has been tweaked in one way or another. As well as almost every other mechanical part on a vehicle. Even if it’s stone stock. Timing is usually the first step to helping to make it run better. Kim

-
Back