Carter AVS question

-
I wasn't trying to be a smartass......even though that's how it appeared......but I would have to see it to believe it.
laugh2-gif.gif
I've learned to read you posts in a different tone and setting. Even if when don't agree, appreciate you actually think about what is going on and if doesn't make sense you say so.
thumbs_up-gif.gif

gas is pouring out of the boosters, with the throttle blades completely shut, I've watched it happen.
Funny you mention this. Been there too. Sometimes its the valve, sometimes pump spring, and also can be vapor in the line. For vapor in the line, Chrysler placed the fuel filters at a 45 or straight up so any vapor bubble would push the least amount of solid fuel into the bowl. While looking for the info on the carb drilling I came across this page, which is the best and earliest mention of it I've seen so far.
page 13 Carburetion and Performance Diagnosis (Session 188)

Last edited:
As Mattax mentioned, the 3644 is for a 64 413 with a auto transmission. The correct numbers for your 65 Charger engine are
#3853 for manual transmission and #3854 for automatics. I've never noticed the passages you mentioned. Interesting stuff for sure.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass......even though that's how it appeared......but I would have to see it to believe it.
Thinking objectively is what this place is all about and I appreciate it. I consider myself a life long apprentice at this; and if I ever quit learning I'll move on to something different. That's a promise

-
Back