Cash for clunkers, what a waste.

-
Ignorant and wasteful. Obvious that whoever wrote these rules up didn't know **** about cars and the most valuable parts salvaged (block, trany and rear).

:angry7:

The entity crushing or shredding the vehicles in this manner will be allowed to sell some parts of the vehicle prior to crushing or shredding it, but these parts cannot include the engine or the drive train.

just because toyotas and such are built here the fact is the profit on these does not benefit the american treasury it goes to Japan. Those nice people who visited Pearl Harbor.

Everyone says that. Yes, money does leave the US. But how many people here in the US work for Toyota whether direct or round about. Think about all the vendors, the dealerships, small manufacturing, service departments, shipping services, etc... I don't think as much as people think leaves the US.

As far as the cars being parted out. It's true, once it goes to the salvage yard, anything but the drive train can be salvaged. Hell, I will probably be getting some nice wheels and some other things off of a few cars that we had traded. It's not all bad guys. Yes, there are somethings that are sad to see get scrapped.

So much fear of Obama! So much hate! At least they are doing something but complain. All the Republicans can do is *****, but I hear none of them offer any answers. You may be right about these things and we will find out like we are finding out now how bad a mess George Left us in. At least give them a shot.
Sorry for getting political but I think the people that are buying cars where going to anyway and are not trading in thier classic mopars and I am never going to buy another new car so this has no effects on me. Trust me there will be no shortage of chinese rebuilt parts.

So much fear of Obama! So much hate! At least they are doing something but complain. All the Republicans can do is *****, but I hear none of them offer any answers. You may be right about these things and we will find out like we are finding out now how bad a mess George Left us in. At least give them a shot.
Sorry for getting political but I think the people that are buying cars where going to anyway and are not trading in thier classic mopars and I am never going to buy another new car so this has no effects on me. Trust me there will be no shortage of chinese rebuilt parts.

I don't fear or hate Obama. I just hate everything that he stands for. "Change" Why would you want to take the richest most powerful country and change it? I served my country right out of high school and have never asked anyone for anything, not even my own parents from the time I was 17 years old. I hear all of the complaining from people who want a handout and are too lazy to help themselves. Everyone thinks this country owes them something. I'm done.

Everyone says that. Yes, money does leave the US. But how many people here in the US work for Toyota whether direct or round about. Think about all the vendors, the dealerships, small manufacturing, service departments, shipping services, etc... I don't think as much as people think leaves the US.

As far as the cars being parted out. It's true, once it goes to the salvage yard, anything but the drive train can be salvaged. Hell, I will probably be getting some nice wheels and some other things off of a few cars that we had traded. It's not all bad guys. Yes, there are somethings that are sad to see get scrapped.

theyre all part of the conspiracy.

i dont care what they trade in. the goverment should not be giving away money to people who are not financially incapable. Wheres my piece? For thirty seven years i,ve busted my butt and every year theyve given me back less than half what taxes i paid in. if they want to give away money to be popular give everybody some. jmho

Yeah your right they're doing something. leaving our kids and unborn grandkids with 14 trillion in dept. Why do you need uncle SAM to take care of you? Are you not capable? Do you feel it's your right to free health care? or paying for this BS cash for clunkers that we are going to pay for weather you got your 4500 or not? You don't have a problem that we now have more czars under Obama than we have had presidents put together? Oh please don't report me to the Gov for this "FISHY" COMENT!

far as im concerned the snoball started with fannie and freddie but now we,re gonna have trillions of problems.

This one I am very much going to disagree with. The economy started really taking a hit in '06 when a certain party took over Congress while the previous administration was calling for more regulations of Mae and Mac. (youtube the CSPAN videos of Waters, Dodd, and Frank screaming nothing was wrong.) As for all the Repubs can do is b**** when is the last time you heard the press actually look at any Repub plan and put it forth for the American people to read and understand? Facts: $1.7T in annual budget; $787B in "stimulus." (Now Biden has come out and said the stimulus is working but we might need another one. Really, if the first one is working, then why do we need another one?); $1T projected for nationalized healthcare; $4T for next years projected budget; $3B spent on this farce called CARS; unemployment expected to hi 10% nationally before the end of summer (and the stimulus is working?); unemployment is already 18% in certain areas of the country; the dollar has been devalued at 28% sense January 20th thanks to all the borrowing. While a campaign promise was made that only the rich would see a tax hike cap and trade is being put forth that would double energy costs on everyone affecting the poor and middle class the most (mine is $3000 a year, that goes to $6000 with half of that going to the government, what's yours?). Time to stop blaming the previous adminstration and start looking in the mirror. Please read previous post in thread for freedoms some are willing to give up for "change" and handouts.
Sorry, didn't mean to get really political on this, but the BS has to end, the rose colored glasses have to come off, and people need to see that the Germans got led like this, too.

A simple yet touchy thread that is becoming highly politcal.... I guess how could it not.

There are several threads about the "cash for clunkers" through out this site... maybe this one needs to go to the politcal area ??? just a suggestion...

or... nevermind me.... carry on

-RPM

I guess this thread wandered a bit from the original post about scrapping of good roller EFI small blocks!! Oh well, good conversation is where you find it I guess:cheers:

You're right, but I think the mess started with the Federal Reserve in 1913 and been going down ever since. Then we went off the gold standard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09NuAdKgqhI&annotation_id=annotation_341172&feature=iv

Last I checked we have no place left to go. Three generations of my family spent a significant amount of their lives running away from Lennin, Stalin and Mao before landing here in the 50's and 60's. We have to fix this!

Like I said, I apologize for getting political. But being accused of hatred and fear is the same as Janine Garofolo going on Keith Olberman's show and accusing me of being a racist because I don't agree with the current administration's policy of tax and spend. Or being accused of being part of a mob because I refuse to accept the government has a role in our private lives. If said person wants to debate me because I'm a fiscal conservative, believe all life is sacred, hold a trust in Christ and not big government, believe my alienable human rights are just that because our founding fathers saw those rights as Just and handed down to us by our Creator, then he can debate me in private or in the political forum, without trying to ridicule by resorting to name calling. I am neither a hater, nor a coward.
I will point out, though, if you see the previous posts, that I have shown respect for the office of the presidency without resorting to the same name calling. I haven't even mentioned the names of those in office, except to point out names that could be used for a search on the net for wording and quotes.
On to a different note. Just saw an interview with the president of an automotive agency that was pointing out some of the things we've discussed in here and in other CARS threads: loopholes and the ramifications on the auto industry. Salvage yards are refusing to accept those that have been filled with glass. And the parts in certain area u-pull-its are already going up with the anticipation of parts availability becoming scarce. There's also a loop hole in the law that allows dealers to sell these cars directly to the wholesalers, which will be putting overpriced lemons on the road, much like we saw coming out of the flood waters in LA and MS.

I don't agree with the current administration's policy of tax and spend. Or being accused of being part of a mob because I refuse to accept the government has a role in our private lives. If said person wants to debate me because I'm a fiscal conservative, believe all life is sacred, hold a trust in Christ and not big government, believe my alienable human rights are just that because our founding fathers saw those rights as Just and handed down to us by our Creator, then he can debate me in private or in the political forum, without trying to ridicule by resorting to name calling. I am neither a hater, nor a coward.

I'm right there with you :cheers:

-
Back