Cat Pics

-
My little Willow. Small breed of cat.
The car protector.

20220516_170853.jpg

20220516_172639.jpg

20220906_192408.jpg

willow sleeps with his tongue out sometimes.
And one eyed Wallace.
Smashed head, 4500 vet bill (not me) Great cat. One eye and a busted up bottom jaw.
Took him in as he was in a bad situation. willow joined.

20220710_135541.jpg

20220711_171825.jpg

20220618_213102.jpg

20220522_104246.jpg

Looks similar to our Valentine.

I call cats like that "tabico" because they have orange calico patterns under the tabby pattern of their fur.

Ours is a real sweetie but is somewhat emotionally fragile.

I have heard that is a trait of cats with this coloration.

Val is also a "big girl" I wonder if that is also a trait.

Another update on Romeo.

We tried again to contact the "people".
This time a kid about 14 answered the door.
We asked if they were missing a cat and he said yes.
We walked back to our house, said some goodbyes and headed back with Romeo in tow.
When we got there, the mother (human) was home.
She said the mother (cat) and 5 kittens were found at the dollar store by her husband and other customers.
Others took 3 of the kittens and her husband brought back the mother and the remaining 2 kittens.
(despite claiming to be allergic to cats)
Then she said that they were actually looking to rehome Romeo and possibly the mother.
Of course we said we'd take Romeo.
We are supposed to get together around lunch time to discuss the situation with the mother.
They already found our low cost spay/neuter clinic- good for them.
But they seem to want to keep the kitten indoors and the mother outdoors.
Not sure how that's going to work out for any of them.
They did produce the mother from inside their house (or possibly the screen porch)
and the teen held her.

We need another cat(s) like I need a hole in the head.

...and I do have a dentist appointment on Tuesday, so it looks like I'll be getting one of those as well.

Last edited:
Looks similar to our Valentine.

I call cats like that "tabico" because they have orange calico patterns under the tabby pattern of their fur.

Ours is a real sweetie but is somewhat emotionally fragile.

I have heard that is a trait of cats with this coloration.

Val is also a "big girl" I wonder if that is also a trait.
Our lagertha is a bit of a hard head. Definitely a different cat.
She was hit by an owl in our back yard. Got gang green and almost died. 1/4 of her side was being eaten by flesh eating disease. Then our little Jedi got tore up by an alley cat, had some wounds and they infection on Lagertha spread to Jedi and Jedi died in my arms after months of working with him and lagertha to save their lives. Lagertha lived. Pretty much she is an inside cat now that goes out some during the days.
Cats have been a very important learning situation for me. I'm glad I was adopted after not having pets for 20 years.

I have a thing for cats. This was my first cat as an adult. Best hunt of my life. Almost lost mine. Full day hunting alone in the snow, climbing mountains, cats running at me, I shoot, ends up in a tree above me, I end up in the tree with it alive. she died. I carried her out some 8 miles at night in the snow and a full moon.
Awesome adventure!
After drinking this cats blood I was adopted within 2 days from my first cat "morrison". He was a great cat.
The lion meat was the best meat I have eaten. Between pork and chicken. Not as pink as pork, not as white as chicken. Fed that cat to over 100 people at a few "beast feast's" that I go to with fellow archers.

KILLINTIME1-7-2012309-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

088.jpg

Photo03201447.jpg

Snowy (Romeo's mom) had 1 kitten yesterday before lunch, then three more between 2 and 5 am and then another around noon today.

1668372259291.jpeg

Yeah.

24 plus hours of labor.

I think we passed @RustyRatRod

14 now.

The plan is to foster the new kittens and adopt them out.

Not sure if mom will stay or not.

She's real shy. Sweet, but timid.

Timid really doesn't work around here with all the others.

Romeo assimilated very quickly.

He inherited "sweet" from mom, but he didn't get "shy".

Yeah.

24 plus hours of labor.

I think we passed @RustyRatRod

14 now.

The plan is to foster the new kittens and adopt them out.

Not sure if mom will stay or not.

She's real shy. Sweet, but timid.

Timid really doesn't work around here with all the others.

Romeo assimilated very quickly.

He inherited "sweet" from mom, but he didn't get "shy".
Yeah, even with the two strays keeping Clyde company outside we're up to "only" 12. lol

So all of Snowy's kittens except one got adopted- Cupid (I'm not crazy about that name, but it fits) because he was too small to get neutered.
They actually got adopted in pairs.

We also found out that Snowy is FeLV positive.
That's heartbreaking as were planning on seeing if she fit in with the others and possibly keeping her.

In other cat drama, Snowy pretty much abandoned Cupid (I've been calling him "Q") after he came back from being fixed.
She did the same with Romeo but that was an 11 day separation, not 1.5.
Maybe she knows she's not right and is trying to lesson the odds of passing on the FeLeuk.

On a more positive note, Romey has taken on the role of "big brother".
He is extremely gentile when "wrasslin" with Q. He even lets Q chase him around part of the time.
We are now leaning towards keeping Q instead of Snowy.
We need a ninth cat like a hole in the head, but hey, it's less than a 10% increase in food and litter, right?
It will be much more difficult finding a home for Snowy, but I'd have a hard time forgiving myself if the incredibly contagious feline Leukemia got one of our existing crew, especially 13 year old Mr. Orange who's already had some health issues.

Here's Romey and Q being brothers-

20230108_095401.jpg

20230107_202726.jpg

20230108_151418.jpg

20230108_151331.jpg

Kinda hard to separate those two now.

-
Back