Cat Pics

-
20201212_145241.jpg

Pretty sure I told you guys I got two for my black outside ferals fixed a couple of weeks ago. Then I had a female Tortie fixed the week after. We are now a family of five cats in my house and all are doing well. Galaxy and Hemi lounging on his pillow (Hemi was a feral I brought in over 10 years ago) and here’s a few pictures of Nick (black) and Tumbleweed (Tortie)

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

Last edited:
Cleetus has agreed to help with the dishes today. Isn't that nice of him?
CLEETUS DISHES.JPG

This is PRETZEL, for its ability to flex into weird shapes. New to me, rescue from the industrial area of town. It does dishes too.

20231105_155826.jpg

Being in or near Pittsburgh, I'd imagine there might be a feral cat TNR program available that offer discounts if you tip the ears.

Might also check with local 501c3 orgs to see if they could help.

We work with one that gets a fair discount for cats that we don't want tipped, as they could potentially be adoptable.

Being in or near Pittsburgh, I'd imagine there might be a feral cat TNR program available that offer discounts if you tip the ears.

Might also check with local 501c3 orgs to see if they could help.

We work with one that gets a fair discount for cats that we don't want tipped, as they could potentially be adoptable.

I had a Facebook friend from Ohio donate 100.00 to get one fixed. It’s hard to get help now because the shelters are so full. Frankie’s Friends have been doing mine for 55.00 males and 70.00 females. It includes checking for ear mites, flea treatment, rabies shot. Then I paid 18.00 more for dewormer and FIV testing. 98.00 males and like 113.00 females. I had a short clip done because I brought them in and just in case they couldn’t adapt, but the have. The lady that donated holds raffles to help dogs and cats so that was an unexpected surprise.

We gotta get Cleetus fixed. Maybe next month. It sure ain't happenin this month. LOL

I had a Facebook friend from Ohio donate 100.00 to get one fixed. It’s hard to get help now because the shelters are so full. Frankie’s Friends have been doing mine for 55.00 males and 70.00 females. It includes checking for ear mites, flea treatment, rabies shot. Then I paid 18.00 more for dewormer and FIV testing. 98.00 males and like 113.00 females. I had a short clip done because I brought them in and just in case they couldn’t adapt, but the have. The lady that donated holds raffles to help dogs and cats so that was an unexpected surprise.
Yeah all the places around here REQUIRE you to get the FIV test and "all that" on top of it, so that adds some cost.

You might want to test them for FeLV, too.

Highly contagious and can lead to a miserable suffering death.

Depending on the cat's personality, we don't mind mixing FIV cats with general population.
It would take a long term, chewing, slobbering, bleeding bite to transfer FIV.

FeLV, OTOH, can transfer under a closed door.

Last edited:
We had an FIV cat for 9 years.

No one else got it.

SPCA vet assumed I wanted him put down when he got tested.

Nope.

9 years!

We just went to a party Sunday night, at the home of the people who run the 501c3 that we work with sometimes.

It's a pretty big 4 BR house, but they have 27 cats.

Some have special needs and/or behavior issues.

One had no eyes. One had no back feet.

About half of them came out to socialize with the dozen plus or minus guests.

All feral or abandoned.

-
Back