cat wiskers

-

0ld school

Reaction score
im restoring my 68 cuda. i bought the year one (preminum) window weather strip. they fn suck. i cant even roll the window up or down. when i try to roll it down, the outer striping folds over, instead of just laying against the glass. the inner fit great. is there a better kit for these cars? is there a powder or something to lube the rubber with? i'm thinking of just leaving them out:???:

They're usually a little tight when they're brand new but what you're going through seems extreme. Are you sure you got the right kit and everything's in the right spot?

The Metro moulding ones I got off Ebaymotors for my 1970 Duster fit perfect and were just like original. I think I got some for my 1973 Duster from Year One and wasn't real happy with them either. Can't remember who the supplier was on the YO whiskers but they had the same fitments issues.

A place out of PA called TopCat(Top Hat?) catwiskers.I think they advertised in Mopar Muscle.They were the last ones I used and they fit great.

Sounds like you need to re-adjust the glass in the tracks. Should be a couple of minor adjustments.

glass is on the money. i've heard yearone,s are junk. i also have heard topcat is the one to get. they are the correct V shape and instead of rubber, they are coverd in a velvet like material, just like factory. going to the shop now to rip that junk out....

Sorry to hear that, I'm gonna use the loop side of Velcro. :)
that would be better than the preimium ones that year one sells..i just ordered new ones from restoration specialties, they are the "top cat" brand. they are supposed to be exactly like the stock ones. when i get them, i will give feedback.

Just seen your thread Old school. I got premium from year one and they have the
velvet on them, yours do not?
The box they came in says "original repops" They fit nice with very little stiffness.
Maybe they charge you for premium and you got the other ones.
I can post pic if you like.

Darryl

Just seen your thread Old school. I got premium from year one and they have the
velvet on them, yours do not?
The box they came in says "original repops" They fit nice with very little stiffness.
Maybe they charge you for premium and you got the other ones.
I can post pic if you like.

Darryl
yes they said repops on the box.
mine did not have the felt on them. even if they did, they still are not correct. the top cat ones are shaped just like the factory ones.

Here is a pic, they are tight but the window slides easy.

Attachments

• 013 (4).JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 220
I used the OEM parts from FIRST PLACE Auto. I just checked their web site and they do not show A-body. they had 2 booths at Chryslers at Carlisle

I bought a set years ago from Year One and the same thing happened to me. When you went to roll the window down, it would catch and roll under. Anyone have a link to the correct one's that will work?

Thanks.

Here is a pic, they are tight but the window slides easy.
that is what they are supposed to look like. mine look nothing like those, they ripped me off:banghead:. that style would have worked, as it wont roll under itself when rolling down the window..

that is what they are supposed to look like. mine look nothing like those, they ripped me off:banghead:. that style would have worked, as it wont roll under itself when rolling down the window..

I always order from Classic ind. but in this case they did not have 8 piece.
So I ordered from year one and this is what I got. Guess I got lucky?
Send them back, they gave you the wrong ones.

Darryl

-
Back