Caution when dealing with member awsig

-
8 pages of this? Is this over a complete 426 Hemi engine ? Sheesh.

The Lynch mob wants a hanging.... I somewhat agree with that notion however somewhere in all this the OP said he sent the part numbers to the buyer... And though I agree the buyer should have checked the numbers IMO the seller should have checked first and foremost and that is where it went wrong. Now secondly OP should have never even brought all this up until everything was said and done with Paypal. It's was a Chess move that just went to crap. So I can see the seller getting all amped up over it.....

In reality it can all be fixed, lessons learned, and everyone becomes more aware. As said, it just a set of brackets to a car and it's just a problem waiting for a solution..... I personally would buy or sell to either one....
Edit
JW

Dam, I wouldn’t get this much traffic if I posed nude. Kim
Oh please don't. shudder to think...

SLOPAR72 - I can understand where your coming from. However if you were selling a part, posted pictures, I buyer messaged you and said I'll take them. You sell them, do you not assume the buyer saw what you were selling and knew what it was? Ok no? So you offer a refund to the buyer for the amount of the parts. Do you also refund the shipping costs? Your gonna each shipping both ways for the parts? Seems odd no?

I brought this up as the buyer said I was being unreasonable, I didn't feel so. So I went to the masses to ask, discuss and attempt to work on a solution. Any offer I made other than him getting a full complete refund, was out of the question. PayPal sent an automated response and stated the Buyer Protection. What most don't know and I had to do a ton of searching is that there are Seller Protections as well. I'm currently working with PayPal on a Seller Protection right now. I'll know the outcome shortly.

Riddler

Maybe it's just me , but when I see the name 'awsig'...it contorts to 'aswig' in my mind.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence...

Oh please don't. shudder to think...

SLOPAR72 - I can understand where your coming from. However if you were selling a part, posted pictures, I buyer messaged you and said I'll take them. You sell them, do you not assume the buyer saw what you were selling and knew what it was? Ok no? So you offer a refund to the buyer for the amount of the parts. Do you also refund the shipping costs? Your gonna each shipping both ways for the parts? Seems odd no?

I brought this up as the buyer said I was being unreasonable, I didn't feel so. So I went to the masses to ask, discuss and attempt to work on a solution. Any offer I made other than him getting a full complete refund, was out of the question. PayPal sent an automated response and stated the Buyer Protection. What most don't know and I had to do a ton of searching is that there are Seller Protections as well. I'm currently working with PayPal on a Seller Protection right now. I'll know the outcome shortly.

Riddler

Everyone will have their own answer as to how they would deal with all this..... Honestly, had it been me I would have eaten it and just tried to sell them again. But that is me and I can't speak for anyone else. I would be mad at myself for not checking the numbers. If you were a Vendor then maybe this would feel dirtier as they are supposed to be the ones in the know and not some everyday car enthusiast just trying to sell some garage parts.

I am just trying to convey that we are all different in regards to buying and selling. This is just a case of things went wrong. However, in the grand scheme of things this is not alot of money when you take into the account what it cost to be a part of our Hobby. Take this as a lesson learned and move on. I hope the buyer does also. It's about all that is left.....

In regards to Paypal seller protection, it absolutely can work. I won't a 4k judgement years ago against a buyer but it took about 3 months and lots of documentation. My story line was completely different and I had my ducks when the buyer opened the case. Pictures, emails, and even copied text all added up to a shady **** not getting his way.

JW

Here's the last and final update: Paypal has an automatic side with the buyer system. Which is fine and understandable. This is why I was forced to give a full refund. However there is a seller appeal after the goods have arrived back. Very few things can be appealed but my situation is one of them.

The bumper brackets arrived back without the bolts (4) and hardware and were also painted/coated. I had to take pictures of the brackets afterwards and had my pictures from before. After speaking to PayPal I was asked to complete an Affidavit and have it notarized.

After all is said and done I was given back most of my money, made whole and I learned a bunch from this.

Riddler

Riddler, i think we all learned from this.
Its never good to have to go through something like that.

I sent money for a part i havent recieved as of yesterday, well over a month. Its not about the money,and im not going to whine to paypal over a few dollars and im not ready to smear some guys name over ten bucks. Maybe 100 i would be in persuit of satisfaction.

To sum up your situation, buyer has little to no integrity,but his oversight bit him in the *** in the end. May not be the full amount you recovered, all this b.s. isnt worth the 45 dollar hassle but karma did step in and straighten it out.
Glad it came to a mediocre ending!

-
Back