Center Console Install Help

-

n8ling

Reaction score
So here we are, well on my way to having this console in!
I do have a couple of Q's though, I also have never removed or had a good look at a fully installed unit!
I have some measurements and brackets from Woody30 (thanks again man) from rear comp seem forward 20 1/8 to back of rear bracket 41'' for center and 54 1/8 for front. I have a mock up console to use for fit, drilled out indent hole for linkage, shifter and linkage seem to line up well and shift straight in console. My concerns are the entire console seems to sit high off the tunnel maybe an inch under rear of console can see through uderneith ..... normal????? and if so will that not make carpet pieces look out to lunch or what??
I am also under the impression that all brackets are mounted closer to dr side
It is just tacked in so easily altered , have not figured out pics yet ...tells me pics from my iphone are to big!!
New carpet also came today and console strips are quite large and dont appear to have shape like console??

I can't recall 100%, but I believe my console in my 69 Dart sat the same way. They make the carpet pieces that go on the side of the console that hang down to the floor to help cover this up. Hope this helps.

The console does sit up on the brackets and away from the floor. The carpet strip could be called a console skirt since thats the purpose it serves.
Heres a tip though... If a console isn't properly aligned with a automatic shifter that sliding plastic blind will not operate smoothly or last very long. Take your time and get it right.

Found this on ebay.....shows you what you need....I know Year one sells new ones!

console2.jpg

Here's what it looks like before install.
It's the long, thin piece this side of the two floor pieces.

Attachments

• DSCF1856 (Medium).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 823
Wow man, your ebay is better than my ebay....i still cant find that ad. It sure did help me figure out how that darn stuff goes on,what a difficult fit!!! In my kit i also got two rubber seat belt gromets ....inside (tunnel side) belts or outside or did i get shorted two?? Who knows?? Must have console in pretty good 1/4" from front and 1/4" from back on through of the shifter! (not bad for a rookie) How about wire harness, somewhere around kick panel maybe? Wires look pretty short.

-
Back