Centerline auto drag 15x8.5 on 69 Dart

-

cpearce

Reaction score
IMG_0108.JPG
Does anyone have photos of a 69 Dart with 15x8.5 auto drag wheels with 4 7/8 backspacing. I want another set of wheels and tires to be able to swap out with my steelies and always liked the auto drag look.

I've attached a photo I saw as an avatar, I love this look. I'm only guessing that this is what size these wheels are. If anyone knows about this car I would love to know wheel and tire specifics.

Tight!

My 15x8.5 Auto Drags are 4.25 BS with a factory axle 8.75 on a Barracuda and 4-7/8 would get the tire close to the spring but may work. I seem to have about 1.5 clearance to the spring. 4.5 would be best but I think the dart wheel well is tighter than the Barracuda. That is with a 275/60/15. What size tire?

image.jpeg

Tight!

My 15x8.5 Auto Drags are 4.25 BS with a factory axle 8.75 on a Barracuda and 4-7/8 would get the tire close to the spring but may work. I seem to have about 1.5 clearance to the spring. 4.5 would be best but I think the dart wheel well is tighter than the Barracuda. That is with a 275/60/15. What size tire?

View attachment 1715025311
Thanks for picture, do you have a picture from side so I can see dish of rim please? I bet those look awesome on your Barracuda.

Thanks for picture, do you have a picture from side so I can see dish of rim please? I bet those look awesome on your Barracuda.

A little lazy to get up in walk to the garage but here are a couple.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cpearce.... i think you MIGHT be able to fit a 8 inch wheel in a 69 DART ....7 inch will fit for sure 8.5... maybe an issue ....i will probably have the same issue when i install my engine...maybe better to move springs inboard ...

Cpearce.... i think you MIGHT be able to fit a 8 inch wheel in a 69 DART ....7 inch will fit for sure 8.5... maybe an issue ....i will probably have the same issue when i install my engine...maybe better to move springs inboard ...
I have been running 8" steel wheels for years with no problems. I may do a 1/2 " spring location. Regardless, there sure isn't much room in a Dart.

What back space did you go with on the 15X8 inch wheels .. and what size tire have you been running ?... thanks

What back space did you go with on the 15X8 inch wheels .. and what size tire have you been running ?... thanks
15x8 with 4.5" BS. 245 60r15, and also 235 70r15. The 245s were very close to wheel lip, closer on passenger side. Only rubbing I ever had was on the raised white lettering. Has a nice look to it. I'll add a couple pics tonight. That was with a 100% unaltered set up.

I have be running 15X7 inch steelies in rear for awhile now .... but I swear my tires are 255-60-15???? I guess this is no point in going to an 8 inch wheel at this time .. can't fit any bigger tire in tub .... So I guess only alternative would be to move springs in ..

I have be running 15X7 inch steelies in rear for awhile now .... but I swear my tires are 255-60-15???? I guess this is no point in going to an 8 inch wheel at this time .. can't fit any bigger tire in tub .... So I guess only alternative would be to move springs in ..
Yep, the word on the street is a 255 60r15 will work on most 69's with a 7" wheel but not with an 8". The wider wheel widens the tire. I have a housing I narrowed 1" and this combined with the offset spring location should allow the 8.5" centerline and 275 60r15.

20160703_150606.jpg
I have some 15" orig steelies, that i powdercoated.
But im having second thoughts...

-
Back