Centerline wheel Pro Drag - Air leaking out of wheel - DAGNABBIT!!!!!!!!!

-
A lot of the OE aluminum wheels in the early 80's were porous, the warranty repair was just a coupla coats of paint on the inside of the wheel, Tremclad .

I have one front Super Trick / new Moroso tire that looses about 2 psi over a 24 hour period. The other front SuperTrick / tire stays perfectly inflated

First I bought a small blow-up pool and submerged it, standing on it inflated. No air bubbles in over 5 minutes.

Next I had it dismounted and applied /sprayed the complete inside of the rim with 3 coats of clear flex-seal....no improvement what so ever

Next up, I'm gonna try the tire on a steel rim just to remove the tire from the equation, once the tire at proves good, while still dismounted, I will apply a different / better type of sealer to the inside of the rim.

I will fix the MFer

I have read about this issue for years and like most just hate tubes.

Another thing to try IF they do not say to use tubes is Nitrogen instead of air.
Nitrogen molecules are larger and so tend to retain pressure for a longer period of time.

Another thing to try IF they do not say to use tubes is Nitrogen instead of air.
Nitrogen molecules are larger and so tend to retain pressure for a longer period of time.

Fix-a-Flat, Slime

I have those Centerlines on my 69 Dart installed in the mid 90s. Was running bias ply regular street tires on the front, more recently went to street radials on the front. Tubeless, never a sealing problem. Rears have slicks with tubes so haven't tried a tubeless setup there.

Last edited:
-
Back