Central Pneumatic Air Compressor

-
i was in home depot today and htey had a 60g 240v compressor for $459! if had room for it i would have bought it already.

Just adding my experience with harbor freight compressors, realize you already have one but for those thinking about one I purchased mine about 4 years ago, it is a 5hp 60 gallon from harbor freight, they don't seem to sell my particular model anymore but I did a lot of reading and folks came to the conclusion it was a rebadged belaire compressor because it used the same tank, motor and pump. I paid around 350 for it and it's one of the few things from HF I would buy again. Sucks they don't allow the 20‰ off coupons any more on them, they did when I got mine.

While deciding on a new compressor I discovered the same fact that the Harbor Freight 5HP, 60 Gal, 2 stage compressor is actually a re-badged Belaire. At first I was suspicious in how close they appeared to be physically and mechanically. I decided to email Belaire to locate a distributor near me for a closer look. In the email response I received from the Belaire sales and service agent, I noticed that his email signature had two links. One to the Belaire site and the other was Cpcompressors.com which is the Central Pneumatic website.
I replied by asking if the Central Pneumatic was a re-badged Belaire and he responded with, CP is a cheap Chinese built compressor that we have nothing to do with. I replied again, Then why is there a link to the CP site in your email signature? No response.

Further investigation found that the address and phone number for both compressors are one in the same. For what ever reason they want to pretend that there is no connection, but there is evidence that they are. The Belaire model sells for $1221 and the Central Pneumatic is $699. There is less of a manufacturer warranty on the CP model, which by the way names Belaire as the manufacture again. But if you purchase the extended warranty from Harbor Freight your still covered as long as the Belaire.

I just wanted to share this with my FABO brothern in case anyone is not considering a Harbor Freight compressor, you may want to take a second look. I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who can chime in with their experience the HF compressors?

While deciding on a new compressor I discovered the same fact that the Harbor Freight 5HP, 60 Gal, 2 stage compressor is actually a re-badged Belaire. At first I was suspicious in how close they appeared to be physically and mechanically. I decided to email Belaire to locate a distributor near me for a closer look. In the email response I received from the Belaire sales and service agent, I noticed that his email signature had two links. One to the Belaire site and the other was Cpcompressors.com which is the Central Pneumatic website.
I replied by asking if the Central Pneumatic was a re-badged Belaire and he responded with, CP is a cheap Chinese built compressor that we have nothing to do with. I replied again, Then why is there a link to the CP site in your email signature? No response.

Further investigation found that the address and phone number for both compressors are one in the same. For what ever reason they want to pretend that there is no connection, but there is evidence that they are. The Belaire model sells for $1221 and the Central Pneumatic is $699. There is less of a manufacturer warranty on the CP model, which by the way names Belaire as the manufacture again. But if you purchase the extended warranty from Harbor Freight your still covered as long as the Belaire.

I just wanted to share this with my FABO brothern in case anyone is not considering a Harbor Freight compressor, you may want to take a second look. I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who can chime in with their experience the HF compressors?

Nice detective work, guy. The best compressor I had, was an old WW2 era two piston pump, 80 gallon tank, 220 wired. A quarter wouldn't bounce ,on the compressor head. ....

In my experience, when it comes to air compressors, its not a real tool unless it has belts running the pump from a stand alone motor. And it DOES not "BUZZ" MT

-
Back