Changing colors, would you?

Change the color of my 70 340 4spd Duster?

• Go with another 70 Chrysler color option (B5)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

416wedge

Reaction score
70 340 4spd Duster originally E5 Red with black interior. I'm adding a few 71 parts to the car (Sharkstooth, stripe) so its not a resto to exact original. Really leaning towards B5 with white stripe and black out hood, possible white buckets as well. I know its my decision and I'll have to live with it but would you guys make the change? I'm not planning on selling the car anytime soon but you never know so I have to consider value as well.

There's a reason that so many people change their car's color TO red. It looks great! I'd keep it original.

When I was shopping for a decent car to get involved with my first concern was rust. I lucked out and found a car that wasn't eaten away. Dents yes...but no rust to speak of. My secondary concern was finding a "cool" color. Deep down inside I hoped it would either be Gold or White or whatever. If I found a Green or Yellow car, I would do the color switch. Mine was Turquoise originally. I'm finding out this is a rare color and I'm staying with it. Should YOU switch colors? Hmmmm..... I dunno. Is Red a cool color to you? I know B5 is a cool color. Am I confusing the issue? Surely I am.... I'm going to bed. I'll check in tomorrow to see the results. And BTW: I voted to keep it.

G`nite.............*

I almost painted my `72 Barracuda B5 blue as it was a dark blue when I bought it but when I stripped it down I realized it was originally V2 Torred so I went back to original.Seeing how yours is an original 340 car I would leave it red as it will definitly look good.Changing back a few parts is easy changing back the color would be a lot of work so I would think it would be worth more red than B5.

B5 is great color, but at the end of the day, I'd say keep it red. Great Color, and if you add the stripes and hood black out, it will be even more awesome. I know its not an easy decision, but this is my two cents worth. Good luck on your project

I love B5, but I would keep it E5 if that's what it was, I'm not much of a red fan unless it's that orangy red like Viper red or Daytona Red.

My car was originally V2 Torred also, but it had already been painted (and very poorly I might add) black with white side stripes. Yes my car is an original 340 4 speed car but it had already been beat and hacked up anyway with absolutely zero original parts so I didn't feel bad about doing what I did to it. If your car is even close to numbers matching than I wouldn't change the color. If it was a parts-o-duster like mine was then do whatever you want.

If you are doing a stock type resto I would go with RED

B5 is a nice color but I would only switch if you had a crappy color to begin with like ______,_______,______. You fill in the blanks as I don't want to get flamed.

I second the Viper red.I painted a friends Duster that color with black sixpak hood and black stripes and it looks awesome!

Guys, thanks for your insight, you've knocked me off the fence and I'm sticking with Rallye Red. Should have paint on the car by May and will definately post some pics.
Tom

416wedge said:
Guys, thanks for your insight, you've knocked me off the fence and I'm sticking with Rallye Red. Should have paint on the car by May and will definately post some pics.
Tom

See! Here it is a day later and I pop in to see we resolved this debate. Glad to see your staying with the red. :thumrigh:

-
Back