Cheap Bastard Awards

-
Seen a bathroom wallpapered with sunday comics,...kinda cool, kept ya busy when you were busy... :pottytra:

Some might think it odd that you start laughing after you hang "the unit" out.

I drove a 1987 Dodge D50 for years. Poor thing looked like it went through hell...and came out the devil's buttcrack in reverse :D That's how cheap I was :D

Use empty water bottles and fill them with ice tea to go in my work cooler. Too cheap to buy 1.29 sodas. Figure I save an easy 50. a month

life is too short to be cheap. I buy what I like and dont haggle. Takes to much time. I walk into a store when I look for jeans, find a pair that is my size and my style, buy them then leave by the shortest route possible.
Sorry my friend but that doesnt work for me. You must definately have more money than me.

Use empty water bottles and fill them with ice tea to go in my work cooler. Too cheap to buy 1.29 sodas. Figure I save an easy 50. a month

x2. Also take them .69 noodle things to work. Add water, heat it up. Good to go.

BTW, love them ol Wide Glides.

Hell, I do that all the time. Go to the store, look through the water bottles, and pick out a "nice sturdy" couple. Use one for plain tap water, Fill the other 1/3- 1/2 full of ice tea and FREEZE it, then in the morning fill it up with ice tea. You have cold tea the rest of the day!!

Wouldn't consider myself a cheap bastard. But some ways I save money....diluted Kool-aid instead of sodas...when I go out of town I turn off my hot water heater...get every last bit of product out of containers by running hot water in them...oh and of course dry off my razor after each use to prolong the blade's life.

Edit: here's one more, cut frozen pizza (on sale of course) to fit into the toaster oven. I hardly ever use the big oven. Hey maybe I am a cheap bastard lol.

Hell, I do that all the time. Go to the store, look through the water bottles, and pick out a "nice sturdy" couple. Use one for plain tap water, Fill the other 1/3- 1/2 full of ice tea and FREEZE it, then in the morning fill it up with ice tea. You have cold tea the rest of the day!!

I dont buy water bottles I reuse the ones my daughter empties.Kids nowadays dont drink tap water.

I do that too, in the summer. That's not being cheap, that's being smart :glasses7:

I keep a small mini fridge in the corner of the garage... In the words of Tommy Boy "you could put several six packs of be....soda in there" :p I usually keep a couple bottles of water in there and some cheap food, there's a toaster sitting on top of the fridge, perfect for cooking some hashbrowns or bagels :cheers:

This one isn't exactly a 'cheap' moment (more or less family problems) but I once spent 3 weeks sleeping on a concrete floor, with a coat for a pillow, and then another week sleeping in my truck.

My newest car is 23 years old, only one of my cars has ever had new tires from a store, I get all my tires from craigslist.
My "Sunday" jacket is too holy to wear to church.

Back when I was married to my 1st wife- we were really dirt poor. I had to borrow the neighbors lawn mower to mow my lawn. he bought a new mower and gave me his old one that i would borrow. He said it's hard to start. After having it a few months- it got harder and harder to start. Couldn't even buy a new spark plug at the time much less go out for it(gas wise) I had no gas to mow but did have some Everclear in the shed from a party the summer before. Dumped some down the carb and the rest in the tank.... after throwing grass about 2 ft up the side of the house (no catcher), clipping the railroad ties next to the garden and nipping a good chuck of concrete out of where the propane tank sat out back for cooking- I officially burned it up. Was back to borrowing the neighbors NEW mower until we got on our feet.

I once bought a running, driving car for $50, the guy was only asking $75, but I talked him down.

If I lose weight, I punch a hole in my belt with a nail.

I tell home depot that I think lowes has the same thing for $20 less and they pricematch.

After I shut the gas pump off, I lift the hose and squeeze the handle to get the last half-pint of gas out of the line.

I put plates on the Scamp and TA for $32 and $40 and transfer them to the newer vehicles to save almost $200/year for my registrations.

I do my own vehicle repairs because $80-100/hr is outrageous at a shop.

I could go on, but I'm using unnecessary electricity here. hahaha.

life is too short to be cheap. I buy what I like and dont haggle. Takes to much time. I walk into a store when I look for jeans, find a pair that is my size and my style, buy them then leave by the shortest route possible.

Well....
I buy lots of clothes at wally world get 5 t shirts for 10 $5.
I send like a hour looking online for new horseback riding boots that are like $50 lower than what their worth and i am not kidding i found that and there brand new.
I try to find the thing im looking for but at the cheapest price
I went cheap on a banjo and bought a 4 instead of a 5 string

Ive noticed a lot of talk about using old electronics. Im cheap too but learned an interesting lesson last year. I had a 10 year old water heater and fridge. I replaced them when the freezer went out and the water heater lost an element. Was going to try to repair both but got replacements for reasonable prices. Electric usage on the bill had been consistent for the three years I owned the house. Since the new appliances I have seen a considerable decrease in electricity usage. Noticed a similar decrease when I replaced a old CRT computer monitor with a new larger LCD monitor in my old apartment.

Simply put, old electronics may not be as cheap as you think... You spend the money you save in electricity in many cases. That being said I still love my 1960's-70's era Fram electric garage clock.

I crush old bic lighters for the flints and use them in my zippos.

Clothes run in 3 stages: 1. New and usable in public, 2. Garage wear only 3. Rags for cleaning.

I save spagetti sauce jars for drink glasses. Tthey hold almost a quart.:)

I print out my own targets before I go to the range. My company allows me to expense all my ink.

I had a boss at the pallet factory that kept a bottle of India Ink for the sole purpose of refilling magic markers.

We didn't even use magic markers.

I have 5 vehicles, all daily drivers and the newest one is 22 years old.

All drinking glasses first came with Jam in them.

My small air compressor was made from an old refrigerator, works excellent and is silent.

Almost all the furniture in house is either from CL or garage sales, all furniture is wood as I dislike plastic and that heavy particle board crap.

No oil, electric or gas heat in my home, I have a wood stove.

I check the home's electrical meter twice daily to see how many KW's are used, than calculate what is taking the most electric to lower the bills. The shop has its own separate meter

My Father always buys used prescription glasses at yard sales. He has never had an eye exam (which is covered by his insurance) but his theory is "After awhile my eyes will just adjust to the prescription".

-
Back