Cheap Bastard Awards

-

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
After reading another thread on here (an older one) I thought it would be funny for members to list their cheapest actions and we can informally vote on who here is the Cheapest Bastard!

This may only be a small example, and I'm sure I'll think of more, but my winter coat for the past two years has a large paperclip for the zipper pull.
I haven't got around to buying a new coat. (told you, not a great example, but a starter).

Are you a Cheap Bastard?

All the clothes I wear come from the thrift store.

I only paid 350 bucks for the 360/ 727 in my Dart.

(Made up for it on the rear axle.)

Carb, intake, valve body, shifter, junkers for disk front end all came from Craigslist.

2 sets of ET wheels, Craigs.

My newest TV, a 50" analog widescreen came from the thrift store, 110 bucks

We don't have time to list everything.

I once owned a pair of work boots that I just couldn't part with, so I kept wrapping the front of the boot with duct tape.

Alright! That's what I'm talking about!
Yep, me too 67Dart273, Red white and blue thrift store!
It's sooooo easy! I need jeans? RWB! All in the same place, just check for size, condition, and suspicious stains.....LOL

I scrapped my wife's lawn furniture for $10 once when we were broke lol

im so cheap i chopped down my fence and burned it in the woodburning stove so i wouldnt have to turn the heat on

I once owned a pair of work boots that I just couldn't part with, so I kept wrapping the front of the boot with duct tape.

my pair of work boots are over 8 years old and very little tread left, I just keep buying new laces and gel insoles then superglueing the tread back to the bottom its not that I'm cheap I have a new pair I bought 6 years ago... its just the old pair is broke in and comfortable:D

Alright! That's what I'm talking about!
Yep, me too 67Dart273, Red white and blue thrift store!
It's sooooo easy! I need jeans? RWB! All in the same place, just check for size, condition, and suspicious stains.....LOL

one of my boss's used to buy rags from the local frenchies (thrift store) they done up boxes of clean rags for about $9 tax included, one day the boss went to wipe his hands on a rag talking to a customer and not looking at what he was doing and found out it was an old pair of whites with skid marks still very visable, the customer was just laughing at him, the look on his face was priceless

I get all my roller tires from my fleet mechanic, they take them off old work vans with about 1/2 tread left. I have not bought tires for my car in 5 years...I got my last 2 beater TV's and a set of K2 skis of Freecycle.com (post free stuff, people come and get it..cheaper than paying 10 bucks to trash a TV) My driver car leaks/burns oil so fast, I just buy it at Big Lots (the old pic-n-save) for 2.20 a quart. I use the varnished gas out of my garage squater to power my lawnmower, stinks going in as bad as it does coming out. My satellite box is 12 years old, no HD...dont want to lose my grandfathered DirectV account if I get an upgraded box...not the cheapest by far...

i cant remember the last time i bought a new intake or carburetor. FABO and CL are my best friend. i use a 20 gallon rusted out old gas tank from a cordoba with 4 year old gas in my parts washer

My clothes are thrift store bought also [except undees and socks]
My house is furnished with late modern thrift store
Every tv in my house is over 15 years old or older with two in reserve.
Took me two weeks to talk myself into buying the speedometer cable for my cuda.
Took me three years to find a topper for my ram 3500 [wanted a really nice one for 50$ or less]
Used fileing cabinet sheet metal [got cabinets for free] to replace the metal in my chargers body [won't buy patch panels].

Subscribed!!! I needed a good laugh today.

I saw an ad in the local paper when I lived in San Bernardino: "Dodge V8 motor. $50" and a phone number. Twenty minutes later with a flashlight in hand (the light was burned out in the guy's garage), I was the proud new owner of an unmolested standard bore '69 340-6. He took $40 for it.

I saw an ad in the local paper when I lived in San Bernardino: "Dodge V8 motor. $50" and a phone number. Twenty minutes later with a flashlight in hand (the light was burned out in the guy's garage), I was the proud new owner of an unmolested standard bore '69 340-6. He took $40 for it.

And you felt so guilty you couldn't sleep for a week, right. What a deal.

Unfortunately, after "the big crash" thrift stores and Craigs are not what they used to be. I don't see anywhere near the stuff in the thrift stores around here I used to.

thats not cheap...thats stealing:D

Hell, I'm so cheap, when I open my wallet George Washington rubs his eyes from the bright light.
Seriously though, I'll go into Best Buy and haggle over price. You would be amazed how often it works. I've even done it at Target. My wife gets so pissed with me.

last month i broke both shoelaces on my work shoes. for the last 4 weeks ive been stapling them back together.

one time i needed 727 parts but i didnt want to spend any money. i asked the old man what his bottom dollar was and it was more than i could afford. then he jokingly said "or just show me a pic of your girlfriends boobs".

lets just say he gave me the whole 727.

she is now my ex. dont know why it never worked out.

I had a push mower for over 20 years and it ran great...a one pull start and cut great except the carb cable was broken so I had to use a zip tie to hold it in the proper place to run after a choke start. The handle was held together with a coat hanger wire,gastank leaked so only enough gas for one fast cut was allowed, one wheel was froze and it looked like hell. On a large trash pickup day, I was cutting grass and ran out of fuel at bthe front of the house. Left it near the road and went for a gascan. Upon returning, the mower was in the trunk of "someone" heading down the road. (trashpicker). I could of chased them down but didn't have the heart to explain the mower wasn't junk. My Wife was happy....hmmm...maybe a setup ??

I used to shake my head when my Father would cruise the streets on trash day and come home with electronics and appliances and fix them up. Our house was filled with old mix-match and repaired everything. He still uses his 1984 Betamax to record all of his Sci-Fi shows on his stolen cable so we can never watch tv when we visit.

I guess it's hereditary since I'm typing this while wearing a holy t-shirt that says "ORA 1998" and on a laptop who's screen is propped up with a broken drum stick.

And you felt so guilty you couldn't sleep for a week, right. What a deal.

Not one bit. The guilt came a couple days later when I tore it down and discovered a perfect forged crank.

thats not cheap...thats stealing:D

He was just glad to get it out of his garage. "When you called, I didn't expect you to show up. I figured your husband asked you to call." I think he was so shocked about the fact I didn't have a husband that the forty dollar offer didn't really even sink in until after I split with the goodies.

Would that be a drum, drumstick or a turkey drumstick? LOL

LMAO! I was wondering the same thing.

-
Back