Chevron Refinery Fire

-

Aj408

Reaction score
The refinery has been on fire since about 6:35pm and its burning pretty good. I live less than 5 minutes from turf and my wife works there. Right now we are under order to stay inside and tape the windows and put wet towels under the doors. The sirens have been going off every 30 mins. I don't know what caused the fire but there were 4 explosions that we heard and then flames in the sky. I will post pictures later.

Aj

I pray everyone is ok and there are no fatalities.

Holy cow! And just when gas prices were going down.....but on a serious note, I hope everyone is OK. Scary stuff!

Yup, I'd definitely have "Pucker" marks in any seat cushion I sat in...

Crazy stuff. Best of luck to the refinery firefighters, that's some scary crap right there. :prayer: Stay safe brothers.

Too bad the oil companies will use it as an excuse to bump prices up. :banghead:

So far only 1 person with minor burns. They are keeping employees that were in site at the time of the fire on site in doors and not allowing anyone to leave.

Yeah I can only imagine what's gonna happen with the gas prices. I filled up earlier this evening.

Glad theres no serious injuries, but I hope it doesn't raise gas prices here in WI anymore. In the last 2 weeks the price has gone up from $3.25 to $3.95 a gallon!

Holy cow! And just when gas prices were going down.....but on a serious note, I hope everyone is OK. Scary stuff!

Going down until a week ago here in Michigan. In the last week the price has went up 40 cents a gallon here. Of course it has been blamed on a refinery. I guess now they will shoot us up another 50 cents or 1 dollar.

Probably won't turn out to be much. When I worked at Dow in TX in the late 1970's, we had a fire every few months. They ran hydrocarbon thru furnaces to crack it, so every time a rusty tube broke, .... They had fire-fighting hose stations set up around the furnaces and the Operators were expected to play Smokey. Most of a refinery is steel, so unless the fire lasts long or burns controls cables it isn't hard to stop.

i hope everyone is o k there but dont feel to bad about 3.95 a gallon its about 5.80 here

I seen all the smoke on TV.

Here California has the toughest smog standards and even makes 35 year old cars get smog tested and look at all that smoke

What ever us little guys try to do, it gets wiped out in days by some big oil company.

Look what big oil did to the gulf of Mexico and then the epa says, oh the sun with evaporate most of the oil

Yea, watch the gas prices soar through the roof again. These *** hats ain't got a clue...JM .02...

-
Back