Chevy Cobalt

-

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
The son in law is looking @ a Cobalt, anyone have any imput as to how the cars are? Problems with them and mileage figures? Something similar in the Chrysler line????

Havn't Heard About Any Problems. The Dodge Counter-part Is The Caliber. My Brother Bought A New Caliber A Year & Half Ago. If There Is Someone Who Can Break It, He's The Man. He Has Logged About 40k On It. No Complaints.

Colbalts suck. My ex has a 2007 so I know more about it than I want to. In all honesty she hasn't had any real problems with it... other than the deer she hit. Those cars are not very strong and can be costly to fix. She got hers pre wrecked on ebay. Not a very hard impact took out the hood, bumper cover, headlight and tweeked the frame... how it didn't get totaled is beyound me.

I've fixed a few in my business. They do get good mileage but the are built kind of flimsy, no worse than any of the Asian crap, though. Parts are a little high, but not as high as a Hyundai, for example. The steel wheels (only 4 lugs on the cheap models, what's up with that?) bend really easy and are hard to find and high priced used. They wanted $80 each for used ones at the local yards. From what I've seen, they are tough mechanically.
Dallas

my friends is the base model, performance wise at least and its gutless. i would go japan with new cars most are built here and are better designed then the big 3 imho.

I drive an 07 ls cobalt. I have to say i like it a lot, the only major thing i've had to have worked on is the clutch(my own fault for beating it) and the lower control arm bushings. Its nice when i take a trip and get 40mpg. And modded it does fairly well compared to other cars in the compact category.

Good friend of mine has a turbo SS Cobalt and i've driven it around a bit. This thing is wicked. I looked at the Caliber SRT and the damn thing is ugly and slower. I'm a mopar guy to the bone, but if dodge cant make a good looking car in the lower price range (cause as mush as i want that srt8 challenger, it aint happenin) i'm starting to think about picking up an SS cobalt. 30 seconds with a laptop and that 2800lb car had just shy of 300HP and over 300ftlb or torque. just wish they made them in rear wheel drive. if your gonna get a cobalt though, look at the SS

Good friend of mine has a turbo SS Cobalt and i've driven it around a bit. This thing is wicked. I looked at the Caliber SRT and the damn thing is ugly and slower. I'm a mopar guy to the bone, but if dodge cant make a good looking car in the lower price range (cause as mush as i want that srt8 challenger, it aint happenin) i'm starting to think about picking up an SS cobalt. 30 seconds with a laptop and that 2800lb car had just shy of 300HP and over 300ftlb or torque. just wish they made them in rear wheel drive. if your gonna get a cobalt though, look at the SS

That's what I'm sayin those SS ones are fast but still gay looking IMO.

sorry guys, but why don't you list the many supposedly recalls on them as you say. i own an 05, the first year for them. there is only one recall which is a steering problem that just came out. i get between 28 to 30 city and 35 to 40 highway mpg. it has 50,000 miles on it and is still running strong. for $10,000 the car was worth it. i am a mopar only guy but with gas prices in 2005, the cobalt was the best choice, i checked every car. we chose the best at the time. i say go for it.

That's what I'm sayin those SS ones are fast but still gay looking IMO.

-
Back