Chevy Volt :(

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a commercial for the Chevy Volt, and in the fine print it said "limited availibilty"....yup nothing like creating a false shortge of something nobody wants.

Nice Poetry Cross...all together now,...(chant)...VOLT IS A JOKE,VOLT IS A JOKE,JOKE IS A VOLT,JOKE IS A VOLT,JOLT IS A VOKE,....er wait.....

Wait on it...wait on it...THERE it is! ---'Its Bush's fault!!!"--- Hahahahaha! =D
I have seen 3 Volts in my life..and I think I seen the same one twice, so that makes 2 and I drive all day in So. Cal. I see more 64-66 A bodies, no kidding! There is a commercial to lease a Volt, $329 a month and you DONT get a carpool lane waiver! Wish I could lease a Nissan Leaf, I only drive 45 miles a day round trip on my beater but I dont think they lease them? Probably because the battery is $20K when you have to replace it. How fast/far could a mini-truck with a bed full of good old deep cycle lead acid batteries go? 40 miles? Sign me up.

The Chevy Volt has been grounded ... Does it SHOCK you ... HAHA ...
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGARRRRRRRRRRRRBAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........

C'mere,....Take your shoes off,....stand in this puddle over here,...here,hold this wire,...no really,..trust me....

It's too bad, like it or not, the Volt is cutting edge technology. Unfortunately, it's timing couldn't have been worse, and as we all know timing is everything.

It's too bad, like it or not, the Volt is cutting edge technology. Unfortunately, it's timing couldn't have been worse, and as we all know timing is everything.

????? wait till the owners get it bricked and wont charge or move

This thread is well on it's way to being moved to the politics/news forum.
Obama's car was the Chevrolet VOTE.
Hitler's car was the Volkswagon.
Why is it that these kind of leaders have to have a car associated with their namesake?

This thread is well on it's way to being moved to the politics/news forum.
Obama's car was the Chevrolet VOTE.
Hitler's car was the Volkswagon.
Why is it that these kind of leaders have to have a car associated with their namesake?

I'd prefer to keep politics out of this.
The origins of the Volt go back to the 06 Detroit Auto Show and an encounter Bob Lutz had with a Fiskars. The concept appeared the next year at the 07 show.

It very well might head to the politics forum.....or the trash bin if it does not change its course.....

I'd prefer to keep politics out of this.
The origins of the Volt go back to the 06 Detroit Auto Show and an encounter Bob Lutz had with a Fiskars. The concept appeared the next year at the 07 show.

Me too.
Isn't it funny how over half of the posts so far have injected politics into them?
It's because the current president has promoted the car to the nth degree.
Just sayin......
BTW, the Volt was ahead of it's time, and the eco freaks jumped on it big time. It was over priced in a bad economy.
That's why it has failed.

Me too.
Isn't it funny how over half of the posts so far have injected politics into them?
It's because the current president has promoted the car to the nth degree.
Just sayin......
BTW, the Volt was ahead of it's time, and the eco freaks jumped on it big time. It was over priced in a bad economy.
That's why it has failed.

Yea, unfortunately, politicians have a way of co-opting ideas. Had it been able to fly below the radar for awhile, perhaps it could have made it to it's second generation without so much fuss.

Cars that are wrong for their time have a way of being weeded out.....look at the Hummer. At this point it look like it was a solution in need of a problem.

I still think it's pretty cool technology.

Yea, unfortunately, politicians have a way of co-opting ideas. Had it been able to fly below the radar for awhile, perhaps it could have made it to it's second generation without so much fuss.

Cars that are wrong for their time have a way of being weeded out.....look at the Hummer. At this point it look like it was a solution in need of a problem.

I still think it's pretty cool technology.

true, but although cool its not practical and until a good infrastructure such as charging stations or such happens ... its quite a few years off yet to be mainstream

i recently read in our local newspaper that an independent service station owner is thinking about adding a fast charging outlets to his stations here in N.S. that allows electric cars to pull in and for a small charge$ gets charged up electrically in about a half an hour (hes thinking of adding coffee shops or such to kill the time)

this in my opinion is the direction this technology is headed and is what I mean by infrastructure. It would either be charging or pulling in for a battery exchange.

these hybrid electric crap cars are a good idea BUT these things have been around for years. they have never caught on and the price tag is through the roof. the average person that is looking at a new car is going to want to spend 15k on a good mileage A to B car. people just dont want to spend 40-50k on car that they have to deal with all the charging maintenance and other crap that goes along with them. people want to slide into the nearest conoco , fill up. and be on their way. or so it seems to me.....

true, but although cool its not practical and until a good infrastructure such as charging stations or such happens ... its quite a few years off yet to be mainstream

You bring up a good point that goes directly to the design.

In it's development, focus groups kept coming back with one major obstacle in its acceptance which was dubbed 'range anxiety'. People could not get their head around "what if I want to go further than the battery range"? Hence the combination of the electric/gas drive train. This is where the $40,000. sticker comes from.

If it makes it to it's second generation, you'll hopefully see a decrease in the sticker.

these hybrid electric crap cars are a good idea BUT these things have been around for years. they have never caught on and the price tag is through the roof. the average person that is looking at a new car is going to want to spend 15k on a good mileage A to B car. people just dont want to spend 40-50k on car that they have to deal with all the charging maintenance and other crap that goes along with them. people want to slide into the nearest conoco , fill up. and be on their way. or so it seems to me.....

I agree that these are not for your average car buyer. For the foreseeable future these will be for a special category of buyers much like the Corvette/Viper buyer

You bring up a good point that goes directly to the design.

In it's development, focus groups kept coming back with one major obstacle in its acceptance which was dubbed 'range anxiety'. People could not get their head around "what if I want to go further than the battery range"? Hence the combination of the electric/gas drive train. This is where the $40,000. sticker comes from.

If it makes it to it's second generation, you'll hopefully see a decrease in the sticker.

i agree, with purely electrical it limits you

i recently read in our local newspaper that an independent service station owner is thinking about adding a fast charging outlets to his stations here in N.S. that allows electric cars to pull in and for a small charge$ gets charged up electrically in about a half an hour (hes thinking of adding coffee shops or such to kill the time)

this in my opinion is the direction this technology is headed and is what I mean by infrastructure. It would either be charging or pulling in for a battery exchange.

I think the battery exchange would probably be the fastest but also the most impractical. If all the batteries weren't the same size, could you imagine the inventory nightmare.

The 'plug and wait' is probably the most realistic albeit time consuming realty in the near future.

I agree that these are not for your average car buyer. For the foreseeable future these will be for a special category of buyers much like the Corvette/Viper buyer

it seems there is already a following of people that have gone green with these things, but in the world today, people are still willing to pay 4 or 5 bucks a gallon especially when they are getting 30 or 40 miles a gallon. the auto industry really dictates what people drive by what they offer. if a company like gm were to scrap all their regular combustion engines for electric hybrids, they would go under as long as the regular consumer can still purchase a gas powered vehical. the climate is still not favorable for these cars , and as long as recalls and other issues still arise with them, people will remain to be scared of them. the regular combustion engine is tried and true, and i think the majority car owners will continue to rely on them, rather than the hybrid cars. unless gas reaches 8 or 10 bucks a gallon, people will continue to shy away from them. it is so much easier to pay and pump and continue on ,rather than have to plug in and charge up, and worry about whether or not they will be able plug in somewhere. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back