Choice for EDM solid flat tappet lifter.

-
And some EDM lifter, just like yr camsavers example, will fit and work in a slant 6. The fact that there isn’t pressurized oil to the lifter changes the actual lifter in no way.

I realize that. My argument was, that no matter what he DOES he cannot make any slant 6 lifter ACT as an edm lifter, since there is no pressure there.

The only exception would be for a hydraulic lifter slant 6. There is "pressure" there, although minimal, since they are oiled "backwards" through the head, through the rocker shaft, through the rockers, through the pushrods and FINALLY the lifter gets it. Can you IMAGINE the pressure drop when it finally gets to the lifters? It's no wonder the hydraulic lifter slant 6 engines had trouble with ticking and non working lifters. It was just not a good idea for them.

Post #23. Why would you buy, & pay extra, for cam saver lifters for a slant 6, where the cam saver function won't work?

Guys, kindly take your squabble elsewhere, it detracts from the post.

Dont forget this REPUTABLE vendor !!

Screenshot_20221029-211718.png

Post #23. Why would you buy, & pay extra, for cam saver lifters for a slant 6, where the cam saver function won't work?
I never said I would.

Stupid question - what does EDM stand for?

electro-discharge machining (eg. a lifter) ...It uses a tiny wire to burn a passage in conductive metal at the base of the lifter face into the oil galley giving a pressure feed to the face of the lifter so its not just a splash or oil vapor fed. There is no debris in EDM to clean out. Most good rollers are pressure fed in same way, a direct jet onto the roller/cam lobe

electro-discharge machining (eg. a lifter) ...It uses a tiny wire to burn a passage in conductive metal at the base of the lifter face into the oil galley giving a pressure feed to the face of the lifter so its not just a splash or oil vapor fed. There is no debris in EDM to clean out. Most good rollers are pressure fed in same way, a direct jet onto the roller/cam lobe

Except a wire EDM can only cut shapes out of metal, like a jigsaw. These little holes are put in by a "die sinking" EDM machine with a carbon electrode that slowly burns thru the metal. The holes could/might also be put in by laser.

Cookie Truck.

According to cam grinder & SpeedTalk. com forum owner Mike Jones, there is only one FT lifter company making lifters in the USA....& they are very expensive.

If you go to the ST forum, look for the FT lifter thread dated June 29, 2022, it is a few pages long; maybe you can paste it in here so others can read, I do not know how to do it.

Cookie Truck.

According to cam grinder & SpeedTalk. com forum owner Mike Jones, there is only one FT lifter company making lifters in the USA....& they are very expensive.

If you go to the ST forum, look for the FT lifter thread dated June 29, 2022, it is a few pages long; maybe you can paste it in here so others can read, I do not know how to do it.
I promise you he's WRONG.

I thought Johnson still made 'em here? Maybe not... I think Morel moved down to Mexico.

Saw a thread somewhere else. Guy that is trustworthy says hylift johnson and possibly still eaton mfr lifters in the US.
Forget if that was all lifters or just performance lifters. Basically i mention it because it seems quite likely all these lifters (hughes, howards, comp) are all made at the same place.

I've used Howard's and Comp Cams EDMs and they are the same lifter visually. I measured both by dimension and they were the same. They work great.

I also use comp EDM lifters.
Street driving and drag racing 7 yrs, working well for me

Thanks everyone, I don't think this is an area I am going to try and save a few bucks. I think I am going to go with a set of the Edm lifters from Mike Jones at Jones cams.

-
Back