"Chrome" headlamps?

-

Raleigh Rocket

Shake 'n' Bake!
Reaction score
I can't find the headlamps that look like the lenses are chromed or mirrored. Where does a guy find those things?

There's no such headlamp; lenses with a mirrored appearance would block way too much of the light; they wouldn't put out enough light for safe driving at night. I wonder if you're thinking of the headlamps with the window-clear see-through lens and the shiny jewel-cut optics on the surface of the reflector? If that's what you have in mind, see this post.

I can't find the headlamps that look like the lenses are chromed or mirrored. Where does a guy find those things?

Well first you have to get in the time machine and turn the
dial back to 1986.
HAHA just kidding!
I think you are talking about the half covers that were chrome.
I have seen them on e-bay now and then.8)

Most places these are and should be worth a hassle from the PO lice

If your working with 7inch round headlights, I have a pair of half moon chrome covers in mint condition available.

I remember seeing those on my neighbors Chevelle when I was a kid! I always thought they were Bad A$$!

Here they are..........(They're widely available)..........

Attachments

• 105_0561.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 109_0980.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 303
dial back to 1986.
HAHA just kidding!
There you go Tom. That's them! (edit)

I think you're on to something. When you see the 1/2 covers the whole lamp looks chrome. Headlight shields:http://www.mooneyesusa.com/half-headlight-shields-p-113.html?muid=7a99156352198eec63622d1e66954199 E-bay has a bunch for sale

One of my Barracudas had the mirrored headlights on it when I got it. I put 'em directly in the trash.

One of my Barracudas had the mirrored headlights on it when I got it. I put 'em directly in the trash.

The stock headlights are atrocious I can only imagine how bad they are with half of em covered up....looks like a shinny death wish to me.

Ya I could just as well have put a bic lighter on the front bumper. I guess they are for daylight only driving......

Hell in WA I need my headlights for day driving too...if its not to actually see in this misreble state that rains 10months of the years...its for the rest of the morons in the state who couldn't drive to save they're lives, to see me and hopefully avoid hitting me.

There's no such headlamp; lenses with a mirrored appearance would block way too much of the light; they wouldn't put out enough light for safe driving at night. I wonder if you're thinking of the headlamps with the window-clear see-through lens and the shiny jewel-cut optics on the surface of the reflector? If that's what you have in mind, see this post.

Yes, They exist. My dad had them on his '70 Roadrunner in the '90s and I saw a set on an old Ford at a cruise in last weekend.

dial back to 1986.
HAHA just kidding!

No, not the half covers. The whole lens looks like a mirror.

Most places these are and should be worth a hassle from the PO lice

Free men don't ask permission to do with their private property as they see fit. Besides, our cops here in NC have better things to do than split hairs over piddly "laws"; they're too busy protecting us from real criminals.

If your working with 7inch round headlights, I have a pair of half moon chrome covers in mint condition available.

I'll keep you in mind if I can't find what I'm looking for.

Here they are..........(They're widely available)..........

Nope, not those.

Yes, They exist.

Hokay…let us know when you find them so we can see what you have in mind.

Free men don't ask permission to do with their private property as they see fit

Blah-blah-blahbitty-freedom-and-liberty-blah. Headlamps are safety equipment. Tampering with them affects everyone else on the road, so when you get a ticket for improper lights you will damn well deserve it.

Your not looking for the bright white or blue/pink headlights are you?

I hate those ones and feel like smashing them every time I get blinded by them.

Blah-blah-blahbitty-freedom-and-liberty-blah. Headlamps are safety equipment. Tampering with them affects everyone else on the road, so when you get a ticket for improper lights you will damn well deserve it.

"Blah-blah-blahbitty-freedom-and-liberty-blah"? Liberty, even concerning the small things, is the safeguard of prosperity and happiness. One man's complacency affects everyone, so when the state kicks your door in, black bags that funky, bearded head and disappears you, you will damn well deserve it.

Safety is a relative concept, anyways. These headlights are no more dangerous than colored or tinted examples. Are you so terrified of "sub-regulation" headlights that you'd have a man penalized for using them on the very highway his tax dollars pay for, all in the name of "safety"?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." ~Benjamin Franklin

Besides, you're not law enforcement, so there's nothing you can do about it.:thebirdm:

Your not looking for the bright white or blue/pink headlights are you?

I hate those ones and feel like smashing them every time I get blinded by them.

Aw, hell no. They're just sealed-beam halogens with a one-way mirrored tint on the lenses. They look like chrome during the day and normal, stock headlamps when it's dark.

Actually, pastortom1's second picture (above) looks pretty close if you squint a little.

Safety is a relative concept, anyways.

Grownups understand that just because they don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist or can be dismissed. Sane grownups also understand that reasonable safety standards for vehicles aren't a harbinger of some kind of dictatorial police state. Get a grip and be a grownup.

Grownups understand that just because they don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist or can be dismissed.

Whatever.

I'll tell you what: you keep on lockin' your front door, wearing your seat belt, driving slow, voting Democrat and doing everything you're ordered to do by the "authorities".

I'll keep my guns close, smoke my Marlboros, speed and make my own decisions, because I can.

You keep being safe, I'll keep being a man.

That said, It seems this thread is about something Mr. "I know everything about everything" Slant6 Dan doesn't actually know, so while I appreciate your attempt to input something valuable, you've proven that you just can't help out with this one. If I need suspenders or beard conditioner, you'll be the first one I ask.

i know i remember seeing a chrome looking headlight in the past. it wasn't those half covers but the headlight itself looked chrome. how it worked i have no idea.

i know i remember seeing a chrome looking headlight in the past. it wasn't those half covers but the headlight itself looked chrome. how it worked i have no idea.

That's the one, Joe. I can't find them for sale anywhere. I only see them at car shows from time to time. I never thought to ask until I made up my mind to get some yesterday. I'd assumed they were easy to get.:angry7:

yea i saw them years ago on cars. can't remember seeing them lately. they were like a smoked chrome from what i remember.

Whatever.

I'll tell you what: you keep on lockin' your front door, wearing your seat belt, driving slow, voting Democrat and doing everything you're ordered to do by the "authorities".

I'll keep my guns close, smoke my Marlboros, speed and make my own decisions, because I can.

You keep being safe, I'll keep being a man.

That said, It seems this thread is about something Mr. "I know everything about everything" Slant6 Dan doesn't actually know, so while I appreciate your attempt to input something valuable, you've proven that you just can't help out with this one. If I need suspenders or beard conditioner, you'll be the first one I ask.

=D>

-
Back